Video Processing Platform Market Overview:
The global video processing platform market size was valued at USD ~ 5.24 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~ 17.2% from 2022 to 2030.
After the advancement of new display devices, the technological aspect of video processing gets broader. With the emergence of new media, mobile media and social media, micro video as a new form of network video, the transmission case came into being. Video transmission through various network modes has become quite popular in recent years. It is preferable to use less bandwidth of the medium and less time for transmission for transmission purposes. With the rapid speed of growth in the wireless business in the present period, video communication using video phone, video streaming, and video broadcasting has become increasingly appealing. In order to transmit such rich multimedia content, it is desirable to occupy less bandwidth, the size of the original video signal must be reduced by some compression technique, without degrading video quality or data loss. To overcome these obstacles, video compression techniques offer effective ways to represent video data in a more compact and robust manner, allowing video storage and transmission concerns to be resolved in a cost-effective manner. Video processing modifies the pictures and sounds captured in video files using hardware, software, and combinations of the two. Extensive algorithms in the processing software and auxiliary equipment enable the user to execute editing activities using a variety of filters. The necessary effects can be achieved by altering frame per frame or in larger batches. A video processor is often intended to improve the image and remove artefacts generated by video conversion and transmission. The video processor can make a significant difference in overall picture quality, even with true high-definition programmed content.
Video Processing Platform Market Covid-19 Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the global economy as it has impacted various sectors, such as BFSI and IT & telecom, significantly. The pandemic has resulted in the implementation of lockdown restrictions and travel limitations in many countries across the globe, resulting in the disruption of the supply chain of goods and materials and the video processing platform market demand. Moreover, the limitations on trades, shutting down manufacturing sites, decline in the production rate, cash flow constraints, and unavailability of workers have led to the fall in the cash flow margins of the stakeholders in the global market. However, the video processing platform market is expected to grow at a significant rate owing to the Increase in demand for high-quality videos, Growing need for transcoding to deliver videos to maximum end users, and Increase in internet penetration across the globe. Such factors lead to showcase a strong demand for video processing platform in the market. As many people across the globe are continuing their operations from their respective homeplaces and companies are focusing on remote operations, resulting in the high demand for video processing platform during the COVID-19 pandemic. Such factors are anticipated to boost the demand for video processing platform. Thus, the need for video processing platform is also unexpectedly arising during the pandemic to provide online support in various industrial verticals across the world. All these factors are likely to surge the need for video processing platform in the upcoming months as the various industrial sectors as they have been affected by the pandemic. Additionally, the global players in the video processing platform market are trying to focus on developing new business strategies to address the situation in the global market
Video Processing Platform Market Dynamics
The major factors driving the growth of the video processing platform market are the increase in demand for high-quality videos, growing need for transcoding to deliver videos to maximum end users, and increase in internet penetration across the globe. However, high content creation cost and the threat of content piracy is hindering the market growth. Although, growth in demand for real-time video services is creating an opportunity in the market.
Increase in demand for high-quality videos
Nowadays, new digital domains have introduced in a slew of new picture and video applications, as well as new technology in fields as diverse as biology, medicine, engineering, and entertainment. Images and movies are compressed, transmitted, taken, and stored in numerous digital formats, with varying types and quantities of imperfections. Emerging Technologies in Intelligent Applications for Image and Video Processing presents cutting-edge research in multimedia technologies such as video and image restoration and enhancement, as well as algorithms used for image and video compression, indexing and retrieval processes, and security concerns. Image and video processing is a popular research area owing to its potential uses in tackling real-world issues. Integrating artificial intelligence to evaluate and understand information from image and video technologies is a necessary step in processing and using multimedia data. As resulted, increased demand for high quality videos.
The threat of cyber-based attacks targeting video processing platform is a primary concern in the global market. Cyber threats are an important concern for the effective functioning of the video processing platform. Cyber threat refers to a malicious act, which leads to damage and disruption of software, and data theft, hindering system effectiveness. Data breach, unauthorized command, and Denial of Service (DoS) are some of the types of cyberattacks. Cyberattacks cause system failure, which leads to improper functioning of the video processing platform. Hence, video processing platform must be designed to prevent cyber-attacks and mitigate their risks. Cybersecurity plays an important role in ensuring a secure and reliable network for the proper functioning of a video processing platform
Value Chain Analysis
The global video processing platform market has witnessed significant growth in the past decade due to technological changes and is expected to grow at a steady rate in the upcoming years. The value chain analysis of the video processing platform market comprises four major levels: hardware/software providers, cloud vendors/service providers, system integrators, and end users
The global video processing platform market has been segmented based on component, application, content type, end users, verticals, and region.
Based on the component, the video processing platform market has been segmented into hardware, platform, services.
Based on application, the global video processing platform market has been segmented into video upload and ingestion, dynamic ad insertion, video transcoding and processing, video hosting, content rendering, others.
Based on content type, the global video processing platform market has been segmented into real-time/live and on-demand.
Based on end user, the global video processing platform market has been segmented into TV broadcasters, network operators, content providers.
Based on verticals, the global video processing platform market has been segmented into banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), manufacturing, healthcare and life sciences, IT and telecommunications, government, education, retail and consumer goods, media and entertainment, and others
The regions included in the study are North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and South America.Global Video Processing Platform Market, 2018–2030 (USD Billion)Source: MRFR Analysis
Geographically, the global video processing platform market has been categorized as North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America is likely to be the dominant regional market due to the faster adoption of advanced technologies in developed countries in the region—the US, Canada, and Mexico. This is mainly due to the region is one of the most technologically advanced regions with the presence of a large number of market players such as Akamai (US), Imagine Communications (US), MediaKind (US), and Kaltura (US). The Asia-Pacific is expected to advance at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the growing utilization of technologies. The growth of the video processing platform market in Asia-Pacific is expected to be influenced by a growing adoption of modern technologies, as well as the increasing numbers of small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The increasing technological adoption, focus on innovations obtained from R&D and technology, more IT organizations, and ongoing projects will boost the video processing platform market in the Asia-Pacific region.
The global video processing platform market has witnessed significant growth over the forecast period due to the growing number of video processing platform players. There are several domestic, regional, and global players operating in the video processing platform market who continuously strive to gain a significant share of the overall market. The key market participants are investing in research & development activities to drive organic growth and increase their market shares. In addition, these players are engaging in new touch point type development to expand and strengthen their existing touch point type portfolios and acquire new consumers
Video Processing Platform Market Key Players
The global video processing platform market is characterized by the presence of several regional and local providers. Some of the key players in the market are Akamai (US), Imagine Communications (US), MediaKind (US), Kaltura (US), ATEME (France), Synamedia (England), SeaChange (US), Vantrix (Canada), NVIDIA (US), Pixel Power (UK), Qumu (US), InPixal (France), Amagi (US), Apriorit (US), MediaMelon (US), Mux (US), Base Media Cloud (US), M2A Media (UK), BlazeClan Technologies (India), JW Player (US), SSIMWAVE (Canada), Lightcast.com (US), and Beamr (US).
Video Processing Platform Market Recent Developments
- In January 2021, Akamai technologies partnered with MX player to deliver its increasing user base in India with seamless digital experiences. The streaming platform found Akamai's media delivery solution to be the right choice in order to deliver a high quality viewing experience to their customers across different cities.
- In April 2020, Imagine Communications, which provides open, end-to-end ad tech solutions for broadcasters, content owners, MVPDs, and vMVPDs partnered with Innovar Media Solutions to accelerate the adoption of next-gen ad tech solutions by MVPD and broadcasters globally that grow revenues and reaggregate audiences across video platforms
- In June 2021, MediaKind introduced the launch of MediaKind Engage, a new end-to-end direct-to-consumer (DTC) solution for video contribution, production, streaming, and audience engagement. The solution enables sports entities, broadcasters, and content owners to make a seamless transition to operating workflows in the cloud while also expanding the reach, scale and reliability of their video streaming content to a global fan base
- In April 2021, Imagine Communications is bringing new functionality to its Selenio Network Processor (SNP) and Magellan SDNO Control System with new software features. The updates are designed to increase efficiencies in production, playout and distribution architectures.
Video Processing Platform Market Report Overview
This study estimates revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and offers an overview of the latest developments in each of the sub-sectors from 2018 to 2027. For this analysis, MRFR segmented the global video processing platform market has been segmented based on component, application, content type, end users, verticals, and region.
Based on the Component:
Based on the Application:
- Video Upload and Ingestion
- Dynamic Ad Insertion
- Video Transcoding and Processing
- Video Hosting
- Content Rendering
Based on the Content Type:
Based on the End User:
- TV Broadcasters
- Network Operators
- Content Providers
Based on verticals:
- Healthcare and Lifesciences
- IT and Telecommunications
- Retail and Consumer Goods
- Media and Entertainment
Based on Region:
- North America
- Middle East & Africa
- South America
2021 – USD: 5.24 Billion
Value (USD Billion)
Component, Application. Content Type
• By Component (Hardware, Platform, Services)
• By Application (Video Upload and Ingestion, Dynamic Ad Insertion, Video Transcoding and Processing, Video Hosting, Content Rendering, Others)
• By Content Type (Real-Time/Live, On-Demand)
• By End User (TV Broadcasters, Network Operators, Content Providers),
• By Verticals (BFSI, Manufacturing, Healthcare and Lifesciences, IT and Telecommunications, Government, Education, Retail and Consumer Goods, Media and Entertainment, Others)
• North America (US, Canada, and Mexico)
• Europe (UK, Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
• Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
• Middle East & Africa
• South America
• Imagine Communications
• Pixel Power
• Base Media Cloud
• M2A Media
• BlazeClan Technologies
• JW Player
Key Market Opportunities
Growth in demand for real-time video services
Key Market Drivers
Increase in demand for high-quality videos
Growing need for transcoding to deliver videos to maximum end users
Increase in internet penetration across the globe
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
A ~ 17.2% CAGR is expected to transform the market.
The Asia-Pacific regional market is projected to be the major driver of the market.
The segments in the market are component, application, content type, end users, and verticals.
The major contenders in the market are Akamai (US), Imagine Communications (US), MediaKind (US), Kaltura (US), ATEME (France), and NVIDIA (US),
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.