Global Aviation MRO Software Market is projected to reach USD 5,710 million by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 3.72% between 2019 and 2025. The aviation MRO software market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of players catering to the increasing demand. High competition among the industry players leads to product innovation, which attracts more consumers. This, in turn, drives the market growth. Many key players such as Honeywell International, Inc. are launching new and advanced MRO solutions to strengthen their presence in the aviation MRO software market. For example, in June 2019, Honeywell International, Inc. launched Honeywell Forge for Airlines. An advanced analytics-based platform that provides data for flight efficiency, flight operations, and connected maintenance.
The Global Aviation MRO Software Market has witnessed high growth in recent years owing to increasing demand for prescriptive and predictive based maintenance through data shared by connected aircraft. Software accounted for the largest share of around 20% of the global aviation MRO market, which valued at nearly USD 74 billion in 2018. Aviation MRO gained popularity due to the increasing procurement of new aircraft and the outsourcing of MRO activities. Additionally, the growing focus of OEMs on aircraft MRO service is also expected driving the growth of the market.
Factors contributing to the growth of the market are rising demand for upgradation of the legacy management information systems to digital aviation maintenance software and the need to streamline maintenance processes. Increasing adoption big data analytics has created opportunities for various players to launch MRO platforms that make use of big data analytics to offer enhanced MRO services to airline operators. However, the absence of common data standards and stringent aviation regulations are expected to create challenges for aviation MRO software providers.
Increasing demand for maintenance on-the-go and the need to reduce Aircraft on Ground (AOG) time are driving the growth of the market.
- Rising demand for new aircraft: Rising demand for new aircraft to cater to the rising air passenger traffic is expected to drive the market growth.
- Increasing adoption of Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Rising up-gradation of the legacy management information system (MIS) to digital aviation maintenance software
- Stringent aviation regulations
- Absence of common data standards
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution: The segment is divided into maintenance management, operations management, and business management. The ERP solution segment is the larger segment in this market. ERP solutions enable in reducing the Aircraft on Ground (AOG) time by improving visibility and assisting in streamlining operations.
- Point Solution: The segment is divided into health monitoring, electronic flight bag & logbook, inventory management, documentation, and others. Point solution segment is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period owing to the growing demand for aircraft health monitoring.
- On-Premise: The segment dominates the aviation MRO software in 2018. High data security and customization offered by on-premise aviation MRO software are driving the segment growth.
- Cloud: The segment is expected to witness higher growth during the forecast period from 2019 to 2025. Low deployment cost and enhanced flexibility offered by cloud-based aviation MRO software is expected to drive the segment growth.
- Commercial: The segment dominates the aviation MRO software in 2018 and is expected to witness higher growth during the forecast period from 2019 to 2025. Increasing air passenger traffic and growing manufacturing of new commercial aircraft is expected to drive the segment growth.
- Military: Enhanced fleet and asset management and assistance offered by aviation MRO software in complex assembly MRO services is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Airlines: The segment dominates the aviation MRO software market in 2018. Stringent government regulations regarding aircraft maintenance and safety are encouraging airline operators to invest in MRO software.
- MRO Companies: The segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period from 2019 to 2025. MRO companies are involved in offering MRO services and developing innovative MRO solutions that enable OEMs and airline operators in reducing the AOG time.
- OEMs: OEMs are aircraft manufacturers. Some of the prominent OEMs are Boeing, Airbus SAS, and Embraer.
- North America: North America dominates the aviation MRO software market. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to the presence of prominent aviation MRO software providers such as Honeywell International, Inc. and International Business Machines (IBM).
- Europe: Investments made by aviation MRO software providers such as Rusada in the European market is driving the market growth in this region.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in this region is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rising air passenger traffic in countries such as China and India and investments made by companies such as Ramco Systems in Singapore are driving the market growth in the region.
- Middle East & Africa: Presence of prominent airline companies such as The Emirates Group fuels the growth of the aviation MRO software market in this region.
- Latin America: Presence of prominent OEMs such as Embraer fuels the growth of the aviation MRO software market in this region.
- Boeing (US)
- IBM (US)
- HCL Technologies (India)
- SAP SE (Germany)
- Ramco Systems (India)
- Oracle (US)
- IFS (Industrial and Financial Systems) (Sweden)
- TRAX (Singapore)
- Infor (US)
- Swiss AviationSoftware Ltd. (Switzerland)
Other Prominent Players
- Honeywell International, Inc. (US)
- IBS Software (US)
- Valsoft (Canada)
- Flatirons Solutions, Inc. (US)
- Sopra Steria (US)
- Seabury Solutions (Ireland)
- AerData B.V. (The Netherlands)
- Rusada (US)
- Collins Aerospace (US)
- ADSOFTWARE (France)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Aviation MRO Software Market can expand at 3.72%CAGR by 2025.
By 2025, the Aviation MRO Software Market value can reach 5,710 Million by 2025.
SAP SE (Germany), HCL Technologies (India), and IBM (US) are some renowned names in the Aviation MRO Software Market.
The growing adoption of SaaS can promote the Aviation MRO Software Market.
The lack of common data standards can restrains the Aviation MRO Software Market expansion.