Asia Pacific Surgical Equipment Market Scenario
The Asia Pacific Surgical Equipment Market is expected to reach USD 13.4 Billion by 2032 at CAGR 4.5% during the forecast period 2023-2032. Surgical equipment plays a vital role during the surgeries. It is one of the important aspects in the medical as well as medical technology. With the developing surgical procedure, the trade of the instrument is developing. The instrument must have good quality and elaborative ornament to be prefer widely. Surgical equipment are widely used in neurosurgery, wound closure, urology, cardiovascular surgeries, orthopedic surgery, and others. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing number of hospitals, increasing geriatric population, and increasing healthcare expenditure boost the market growth. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 60% of the world’s total diabetic population is living in Asia Pacific region. Additionally, diabetes is one of the major cause for cardiovascular diseases, which in turn, result into increased cardiac surgeries. Moreover, development in technology and increased government initiatives have a fuelled the growth of the market, from the last few years. On the other hand, high cost of the devices, and shortage of skilled labor may slow the growth of the market.
The Asia Pacific surgical equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~7.8% over forecasted period 2017-2023.
Figure: Asia Pacific surgical equipment by product type, 2016 (%)
Sources: WHO, annual reports, press release, white paper, company presentation
Segmentation Asia Pacific surgical equipment market is into product type, application, and end users.
On the basis of product type the market is segmented into surgical sutures & staplers, handheld instruments, electrosurgical devices, electrosurgical generators, monitoring devices, and others. Surgical sutures & staplers are further segmented into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures. The handheld instruments are sub-segmented into forceps, sutures, visual scope, and others. The electrosurgical devices are further categorized into electrosurgical instruments (HET bipolar system, electrosurgical pencils, smoke evacuation system, and other), and electrosurgical generators.
On the basis of application, the market is segmented into neurosurgery, wound closure, urology, cardiovascular surgeries, orthopedic surgery, and others.
On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into government hospitals, private hospital, and other.
Sources: WHO, annual reports, press release, white paper, and company presentation
Regional Analysis Asia Pacific surgical equipment market is segmented into Japan, China, India, Republic of Korea, Australia, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Increasing number of hospitals, rising geriatric population, and increasing healthcare expenditure drives the growth of Asia Pacific surgical equipment market. Moreover, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, government initiatives, and increasing patient inflow have fuel the market growth. China holds the major share in the Asia Pacific surgical equipment market owing to huge geriatric population and rapidly developing economy. Moreover, India and Australia contributes considerable share to the market.
Key Players Some of the key players in this market: Integra LifeSciences Corporation (US), Boston Scientific Corporation (US), Smith & Nephew (UK), B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Ethicon US, LLC. (US), Stryker Corporation (US), COVIDIEN (US), CONMED Corporation (US), MEDICON (US), Synergetics USA, Inc. (US), Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH (Germany), KARL STORZ & Co. (US), and KLS Martin (Germany).
- Surgical Equipment Suppliers
- Surgical Equipment Manufacturers
- Medical Research Laboratories
- Medical Devices Companies
- Academic Medical Institutes and Universities
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.