Thermal Spray Coatings Market Overview
The thermal spray coatings market trends predict positive attributes for the global market in the ongoing forecast period of 2021-2028. During the period, the market is expected to attain a market revenue worth USD 10.7 billion and hence, attain a global CAGR of 7% by the end of the period in 2028. For the historic forecast period that ended in 2019, the market was valued at a global figure of USD 7.6 billion. The growth in healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and others is expected to help the market attain the maximum rate of growth by the end of the period in 2028.Paint, coatings, and speciality materials are all available from PPG Industries, a world-renowned provider. As of recently, they have announced the availability of their advanced acrylic interior spray coating for aluminum beverage cans. Innovel PRO, which does not include any bisphenol-A (BPA) or bisphenol starting components, is said to have superior qualities when put to use. It appears that the migration profile of this coating is lower than that of regular epoxy and epoxy mimics.
COVID 19 Analysis
The novel Covid was accounted for in November 2019 in China and its appearance has changed the basic idea of typical living from that point forward. The pandemic’s arrival has been a major blow for individuals who try and keep carrying on with their lives to a normal degree and brought a significant change for organizations and their working to fulfill the impelling need of the target audience that is spread in different worldwide locations and areas. The organizations are seeing a significant issue in satisfying the need of the ideal audience and thus, the market segments in different worldwide areas are battling, as well. This is because there is an absence of the accessibility of reliable work and further, there is no or very little raw material accessible. The shortfall of these is a significant issue in staying aware and developing as per the demand patterns. The pandemic is spreading at a huge rate and subsequently, individuals are changing their inclinations that affect their way of life, also.
In any case, the global administrations are thinking about the pace of the spread and dealing with the development of reliable measures that are needed for the improvement of the market dynamics. The end of this is that it will help in resurfacing the interest and bring huge market demand. The market players are thinking about the growth factors for the thermal spray coatings market value and subsequently, creating items, administrations, and portfolios that guarantee positive credits to the market activities during the forecast period of 2021-2028.In July 2019, Oerlikon Metco announced that they had reached an agreement to buy AMT AG, a Swiss firm that specializes in the development of integrated thermal spray coating systems. For Oerlikon, this purchase was part of a larger plan to provide consumer access to its business applications and services and to consolidate and expand its surface solution technology. In March 2021, when the pandemic was in full swing, Oerlikon Metco Coating Services (MCS) joined Oerlikon AM in the United States and centralized its thermal spray and laser cladding operations there. The additive manufacturing facility was established by Oerlikon AM.
The thermal spray coating market trends are likely to propel in the forecast period. The tradition of MERS and SARS shows that the halt time is likely to reduce and the market is likely to return to normalcy. This attributes signs of market stabilization that will help the market. Investments are rising that will help in the expansion of product portfolios for the market from 2021 to 2028.
The serious impact of the coronavirus pandemic has led to a halt of the market operations especially belonging to the civil or commercial aircraft manufacturing industry followed by the supply chain mechanism and the aftermath support businesses. This is likely to restrain the market from growing during the forecast period that will be ending in 2028.
The growing thermal spray coatings market share is enhancing as the enlarged businesses that are making use of business offers that make use of additional technologies followed by adding resources to consolidate its leadership in surface coating solutions will benefit the market at a great rate during the forecast period ending in 2028. Specialist processes including the thermal spray coating market operations, liquid coating, and diffusion coating will help the market develop at a great rate in both the operational and commercial perspective.Bodycote acquired Ellison Surface Technologies in December 2019. In 2022, the company will have grown from being a midsize player in the field of thermal spray and engineered coating surface technology to one of the largest in the world. The combined company has more tools at its disposal to further expand its market share in specialized coating processes and solutions, such as thermal spray coating, liquid coating, thermal processing, and diffusion coating. In the future, Ellison's operations will be run under the Bodycote brand after being completely integrated into Bodycote's business model from both an operational and commercial standpoint.
- To witness the patterns that are prevalent in the worldwide market areas and players that will rule the worldwide patterns and lead the market tasks towards development figures that have been anticipated by the industry experts and business analysts in the global market and key specialists for the continuous market developments for the forecast period ending in 2028.
- To comprehend the size of working of the global market segments that are pervasive through their capacity to meet the dynamic necessities of the main groups and target audience for market items and products in the major mushrooming regions across the globe for the period.
- To draw a cutthroat competitive market scale among the worldwide market players delivering the thermal spray coatings market trends that are creating market products and solutions to render a gigantic level of deals and comprehend the recent developments and advancements of the key market players in the recent past that guarantee incredible outcomes to the market by the end of the forecast period in 2028.
Global Thermal Spray Coatings Market Revenue, by Technology, 2018–2027 (USD Million)
Sources: MRFR Analysis
The thermal spray coatings market size is expanding owing to the rising performance of the global market segments followed by their potential enhancement in meeting and giving rise to the potential demand of the market during the forecast period that will be ending in 2028. The global market has been segmented based on the following factors:
Based on the market materials
The market services include materials like ceramics, alloys, metals, and others like polymers, composites, and carbides.
Based on the processes included
The market processes include combustion flame and electrical processes.
Based on the market end-user industries
The market end-user industries are aerospace, electronics, energy and power, healthcare, agricultural machinery, electronics, and others like printing businesses, food processing industries, and printing companies.
Based on the global market regions
The global market revenue is expanding owing to its considerable performance in 5 major mushrooming regions across the globe. These are North America, the APAC r region, the European nations, along with Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa.Aerobotix, an AS9100-certified FANUC robotics integrator and metrology firm, said in March 2022 that it has signed a distribution deal with Minteq International, Inc. to sell the game-changing FIREX RX-2390 Thermal Protection System (TPS) coating for hypersonic flight hardware. Minteq's Pyrogenics Group in Pennsylvania will be Aerobotix's primary point of contact, since they are the industry standard bearers in high-temperature coatings for military and aerospace applications.
Global Thermal Spray Coatings Market Share, By Region, 2019 (%)
Sources: MRFR Analysis
Regional AnalysisBased on the rising degree of competition and distribution of raw materials and resources for efficient production in various market scenarios, the increasing thermal spray coatings market revenue is likely to be the maximum in the North American market. The North American country is home to regions like the USA and Canada that are emerging as the largest consumers for the market products and services. There is an increased degree of urbanization and modernization in the market especially during the forecast period of 2021-2028. The rising developments are backed by the substantial rise in the personal disposable income of people followed by the growing demand from various end-user industries, as a part of the global market functioning.Kymera International, an American maker of specialty materials, has purchased CASL Surface Technologies Corp (CASL), a Canadian producer of coatings made of metals and ceramics that are resistant to wear. The goal of CASL's research, development, and commercialization of its proprietary metallic coating method, alloy, and capital equipment is to reduce the severity of excessive wear on vital industrial components. The group at CASL has done an incredible job of building a firm full of brilliant individuals who are experts in thermal spray applications. By acquiring this company, Kymera will be able to speed up their coatings projects in both organic and M&A procedures.
The global expansion of the global market has been witnessing competition amongst the following market players:
- One of the prominent market players, H.C. Starck took to the international market for the launch of molybdenum thermal spray powders that are available in a spherical shape as they have been designed for maximum flowability. These sprays are a result of technological advancements that help in coating large areas for small metal components that are prone to erosion, corrosion, and wear. These spray powders are optimized for diverse spraying processes in areas like plasma, flame, HVAF, and HVOF that promise a higher degree of velocity for spray coatings in various market applications for the forecast period that will be ending in 2028.
- March 2021: Oerlikon Metco Coating Services (MCS) announced that it would concentrate its thermal spray and laser cladding activities in the United States and joined Oerlikon AM in North Carolina. In North Carolina, Oerlikon AM opened an additive manufacturing factory. Thermal spray and laser cladding capabilities, which are important aspects of Oerlikon Metco's service offering, were added to this facility as part of a significant investment. The company supplied 'print & coat' products by merging Oerlikon AM's additive manufacturing capabilities with Oerlikon Metco's coating capabilities under one roof. The expansion included not just cutting-edge coating and cladding equipment, but also pre- and post-coating inspection and machining services, as well as built-to-print replacement parts created to extremely tight tolerances using state-of-the-art CNC machines.
- Oerlikon is another market player that came forward to sign an agreement for acquiring AMT AG in Kleindottingen, Switzerland. This acquisition was in line with Oerlikon’s strategy for focusing and expansion of its surface solution technologies followed by the increased market applications and service accessibility for the customers during the forecast period of 2021-2028. AMT is extending the product and service offerings for thermal spray applications followed by turnkey solutions for Oerlikon Metco.
- Ellison Surface Technologies was acquired by a prominent market player Bodycote in December 2019. The idea behind this acquisition is to enhance the market functioning for being one of the largest functioning providers of thermal spray coatings market trends and engineered coating surface-on technology services across various global locations. Ellison’s business has been emerging as an excellent strategic fit with Bodycote’s existing surface technology business that has been working on its strong structural growth in the recent past.
- Flame Spray, one of the leading thermal spray coating manufacturers, has announced the expansion of its Fountain Inn plant in Laurens County.
- A new thermal spray coating machine developed by Oerlikon Mecto, Surface One, has won the International Design Excellence Award and the Red Dot Design Award.
The thermal spray coatings market report has been curated considering the present conditions of the market functioning followed by the factors that give rise to future speculations and predictions for the forecast period of 2021-2028. The market report covers the market segmentation and regional market performance followed by the recent developments and other efforts undertaken by the prominent market players by the end of the forecast period in 2028.
| Market Size
|2028: USD 10.7 Billion
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
| 2022 to 2030
| Historical Data
| 2019 & 2020
| Forecast Units
| Value (USD Million)
| Report Coverage
| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
| By Process, Material, End-Use Industry and Region
| Geographies Covered
| North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
| Bodycote (UK), Oerlikon Group (Switzerland), BryCoat Inc. (US), Surface technology (UK), A&A Coatings (US), Plasma-tec, Inc (Canada), General Magnaplate Corporation (US), ASB Industries (US), H. C. Starck (US), Flame Spray Coating Company (US), Exline Inc (US), and Metallisation Limited (UK).
| Key Market Opportunities
| The use of thermal spraying in renewable energy applications and technological advancements in the thermal spraying coating methods are projected to open up new growth
| Key Market Drivers
| The key factors driving this market include the high demand from the healthcare industry
Thermal Spray Coatings Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The prominent market players are: ● H.C Starck Gmbh (Germany) ● Flame Spray SpA (Italy) ● Bodycote (UK) ● C&M Technologies GmbH (Germany) ● Surface Technology (UK)
The North American market is expected to dominate the global market operations.
The market is likely to reach USD 10.7 billion by the end of the period in 2028.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.