Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Flaxseed Derivatives Market Overview
Flax is a plant which belongs to the family of Linaceae with seeds known as flaxseed or linseed. There are two basic varieties of flaxseed, namely brown flax and golden flax, where golden flax is also called yellow flax. The golden flaxseed has a nutty-buttery flavor and an attractive golden color which is highly used in culinary preparations for its taste and color. Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids and fibers among others, due to which preference for flaxseed derivatives are growing among the health-conscious consumers across the globe.
Consumption of flaxseed in regular diet offers several benefits to the overall health. The alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) found in flaxseed, helps in reducing cholesterol. Flaxseed enhances skin and hair health, controls diabetes, and reduces the circulation of C-reactive protein, thereby, lowering body inflammation. Growing health awareness and the advancements in online retail is boosting the sales of supplements containing flaxseed oil and other derivatives as an ingredient. This demand, in turn, is expected to fuel the global flaxseed derivatives market during the forecast period.
The global flaxseed derivatives market has been segmented based on type, category, application, and region.
The global market has been classified, based on type, into flaxseed oil, flaxseed flour, and others.
The global market has been segmented, on the basis of category, into organic and conventional.
By application, the global flaxseed derivatives industry has been classified as bakery & confectionery, sweet & savory snacks, pet food, functional food & beverages, and others.
The global flaxseed derivatives market has been analyzed for four key regions—North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North American flaxseed derivatives market has further been segmented into the US, Canada, and Mexico.
The European flaxseed derivatives market has been classified into the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Europe.
The flaxseed derivatives market in Asia-Pacific has been divided into China, India, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The flaxseed derivatives industry in the rest of the world has been segmented into South America, the Middle East, and Africa.
Regional Market Summary
Global Flaxseed Derivatives Market Share (%), by Region, 2017
Source: Secondary Sources and MRFR Analysis
Globally, North America is expected to dominate the flaxseed derivatives market. Growing health awareness, high demand for clean label products, and the growing vegan population are influencing the consumption of flaxseed derivatives in the region. Furthermore, flax crops are widely used to feed pets and as textile flax fiber among others. Canada is the largest producer of flax crop in the region.
Asia-pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR in the flaxseed derivatives market during the forecast period due to rapid urbanization, increased consumer spending and the introduction of various flaxseed meal products by food manufacturers. High agricultural practices in countries such as China and India are further boosting the consumption of flaxseed in the region
Global Market, by Type
- Flaxseed Oil
- Flaxseed Flour
Global Market, by Category
Global Market, by Application
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Sweet & Savory Snacks
- Pet Food
- Functional Food & Beverages
Global Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- South America
- Middle East
Key Players in the Global Market
- AgMotion, Inc. (US)
- Johnson Seeds Ltd (Canada)
- Cargill, Incorporated (US)
- CanMar Foods Ltd (Canada)
- Simosis International (India)
- Richardson International Limited (Canada)
- TA Foods Ltd (Canada)
- The Archer Daniels Midland Company (US)
- Flaxseed derivative producers
- Commercial research and development institutions
- Raw material suppliers and distributors
- Agricultural associations and farmers
- Traders, exporters, and importers
Flaxseed Derivatives Market Highlights:
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report