Diethylene Glycol Market Overview
The global Diethylene glycol Market industry is expected to register a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period 2022- 2030 hold a value of over USD 163.79 Billion by 2022 to USD 400.43 Billion by 2030. These projections have been made after gaining deep market insights and the performance of the key market players across the globe.
Diethylene glycol (DEG) can be understood in the form of a chemical that has its synthesis by conducting the partial hydrolysis of the ethylene oxide compound. This is a colorless substance that goes low on viscosity and can be recognized as a low volatile liquid that has a sweet taste. This compound dissolves fully in substances like water, alcohol, organic solvents, and acetone. Therefore, this product has wide use in the form of a solvent across various industry uses like textile dyes and paint pigments alongside resins, printing process, and oils.
Also, this is gaining recognition as raw material and is being used for manufacturing products like polyester resigns, thermoplastic polyurethanes, and plasticizers. Also, the paper and pulp industry is recognizing a vibrant use of this product alongside other industries like tobacco manufacturers and leather processing, which will positively impact the market operations by the end of the forecast period in 2030.
COVID 19 Analysis
Since the declaration of the pandemic as a public healthcare emergency, many businesses and production units are facing a lot of troubles. The diethylene glycol production and manufacturing activities have been hampered due to strict functional restrictions and lockdown imposition. The unavailability of the workforce due to the pandemic is further hurting the production volumes that are hindering the smooth functioning of the supply chain mechanism amongst the global market. The pandemic has led to a decrease in production activities, resulting in bringing down the demand for market products like plastics and paint coatings, amongst others.
The government is investing in research and development initiatives and is also collaborating with prominent market players to develop products and launch them on a large scale to help the market reach its defined objectives during the forecasted period.
The most prominent major key players in the diethylene glycol market all across the globe are mentioned below:
- India Glycols Limited (India)
- Crystal India (India)
- Pon Pure Chemicals (India)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan)
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd (Japan)
- SABIC (Saudi Arabia)
- Reliance Industries Limited (India)
- LyondellBasell Industries NV (Netherlands)
- DowDuPont Inc. (US)
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC (Netherlands)
- Huntsman International LLC (US)
Global Diethylene Glycol (DEG) Market Share, by Application, 2017 (%)
Diethylene glycol has been listed in the Inventory of Cosmetic Ingredients (EC) and has been recognized both as a solvent and viscosity controller. Also, it has approved use for perfumes and other aromatic raw materials. This will help the market grow during the forecasted period. Additionally, the market is witnessing an increased demand for cement and paints, which is pushing the industries towards growth. The adoption of plastic in the form of raw materials for production will support the market's global growth during the forecast period that ends in 2030. Further, the derivates and wide usage of patent registrations present growth opportunities for the market.
The market is witnessing a surge in patent registrations concerning the large-scale manufacturing of diethylene glycol but, related concerns like the toxic nature are likely to hamper the market from growing as per the prediction during the ongoing forecast period that ends in 2030.
The substantial use of the DEG product across various production units of different companies has great opportunities for the market in-store. Acting as a chemical intermediate, the demand for the product will increase in the coming years. Also, the product has properties like its low volatility alongside excellent hygroscopicity. It will benefit from expanding market operations and letting the DEG product emerge as a reliable gas drying agent during the ongoing forecast period. Moreover, the market is home to business strategies due to factors like plastics use amongst major industry product end-users.
- To get the market insights through the overview and gather the experts' viewpoints and market players predict the market growing post the impact on the pandemic on the market operations.
- To analyze the futuristic scope of the market during the forecast period of 2021-2030 by noticing the functioning of the market segments across various global locations.
- To draw a competitive market graph amongst the key market players by considering their recent developments, strategies, and planning for growth, alongside the market's scale during the forecasted period.
The diethylene glycol market has been divided all across the globe based on the application, end-user industry, and region.
Based on the Application
The market has been divided all across the globe based on the application into personal care, chemical intermediate, polyester resin, solvent, plasticizer, and many others.
Based on the End-User Industry
The market has been divided all across the globe based on the end-user industry into polymers, coatings, paints, chemicals, plastics, building and construction, and others.
Based on the Region
The market has been divided all across the globe based on the region into the Latin American region, North American region, Asia-Pacific region, European region, and the Middle East and African region.
The market has been divided all across the globe based on the region into the Latin American region, North American region, Asia-Pacific region, European region, and the Middle East and African region. The largest market share is held by the Asia-Pacific region owing to increasing demand for various end-user industries like building & construction, chemicals, and the automotive industry. The various major market segments for DEG are the South Korean market, Chinese market, and Indian market. In addition, increasing urbanization and industrialization boost the growth of the construction industry.
The second-largest market share is held by the European region owing to increasing demand for the automotive and textile dyes industry. In addition, increasing demand for organic solvents is another major factor that drives the market growth.
The North American region holds the third-largest market share. This region is the leading producer of natural gas, coupled with positive growth for the automotive market drives the market demand.
The Latin American and the Middle East, and African regions account for moderate growth rates due to stagnant economic development in these regions.
These major key players use various strategies to sustain their market position in the diethylene glycol treatment market in the global market by going for mergers, and acquisitions, by collaborating, setting up a new joint venture, establishing a partnership, developing a new production process, developing a new product line, innovation in the existing product, and many others to expand their customer base in the untapped market of the diethylene glycol treatment all across the globe.
- December 2021- Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL), a prominent player in the diethylene glycol production, in association with a partner, are the ones among those bidding to take over bankrupt textile firm Sintex Industries Ltd. RIL is set to collaborate with Assets Care & Reconstruction Enterprises Ltd. to bid for Sintex Industries as per the court-designated bankruptcy resolution procedure. Other bidders include Himatsingka Ventures Pvt. and GHCL Ltd. Easygo Textiles Pvt. that is operating with Dinesh Kumar and Shrikant Himatsingka. Sintex Industries said in the filing that the Resolutions Plans received will be examined by the Interim Resolution Professional and then will be brought before the Committee of Creditors for its future approval. This stance by the RIL is only the second time it has shown interest in an insolvent company. Sintex offers fabric to global fashion brands, including Hugo Boss, Burberry, Armani, and Diesel. Aside from the acquisition of marquee Bollywood brand assets abroad lately, RIL has also signed collaborations with numerous luxury international names, including
- The largest market share in the diethylene glycol market is held by the Asia-Pacific region, as this region is the fastest-growing region. Increasing demand for various end-user industries like automotive, building and construction industry, and many others drives the market growth.
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC. (Netherlands) is spending a huge sum of money on research and development to get an upper edge over its competitors. This will help the company by increasing the sales revenue.
- Increasing demand for the automotive industry and textile dyes industry provides various growth opportunities in the European region.
- All the major market key players are highly investing in new product launches, mergers, and acquisitions, joint ventures.
This global diethylene glycol market research report consists of the following elements mentioned below:
- Market Overview
- COVID 19 Analysis
- Market Dynamics
- Technology Analysis
- Segment Overview
- Regional Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Recent Developments
This market research report contains factors that drive the growth of the diethylene glycol treatment market in the global market and the factors that restrict its growth in the global market. The technical analysis for the growth estimation during the forecasted period is mentioned. The impact of COVID 19 on the sales revenue of the diethylene glycol treatment market all across the globe is mentioned. The future growth rates during the forecasted period are estimated and mentioned. This report provides an insight about the market drivers and restraints to help in getting a better understanding and plan the future strategies.
- Nationalized laboratories
- Raw material suppliers
- Potential investors
- Research and development institutes
- Traders and distributors of diethylene glycol
- Diethylene glycol manufacturers
| Market Size
| 2030 : USD 3.8 billion
| CAGR of 4.8% (2022-2030)
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
| 2022 to 2030
| Historical Data
| 2019 & 2020
| Forecast Units
| Value (USD Million)
| Report Coverage
| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
| Application, End-Use Industries
| Geographies Covered
| North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
| India Glycols Limited (India),Crystal India (India),Pon Pure Chemicals (India),Merck KGaA (Germany),Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan),Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd (Japan),SABIC (Saudi Arabia),Reliance Industries Limited (India),LyondellBasell Industries NV (Netherlands),DowDuPont Inc. (US),Royal Dutch Shell PLC (Netherlands),Huntsman International LLC (US)
| Key Market Opportunities
| derivates and wide usage of patent registrations
| Key Market Drivers
| increased demand for cement and paints
Diethylene Glycol (DEG) Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Diethylene Glycol (DEG) Market is predicted to grow at 4.8% through forecast period of 2021-2030.
The forecast period for Diethylene Glycol (DEG) Market research report is 2021-2030.
Diethylene Glycol (DEG) Market is dominated by APAC region.
The major players are India Glycols Limited (India), Crystal India (India), Pon Pure Chemicals (India), Merck KGaA (Germany), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan),Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd (Japan), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Reliance Industries Limited (India), LyondellBasell Industries NV (Netherlands), DowDuPont Inc. (US), Royal Dutch Shell PLC (Netherlands), Huntsman International LLC (US)
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.