Global Hand Hygiene Products Market size in 2018 was valued at approximately USD 6.8 Billion in 2018 and is anticipated to record a CAGR of 6.4% from 2019 to 2025. The demand for hand hygiene products is increasing owing to the rising awareness among consumers for health and wellness. An increasing number of highly infectious diseases such as Ebola, H1N1 as well as COVID-19 and many others have resulted in creating consciousness regarding advantages of health hygiene aspects. The outbreak of a global pandemic such as COVID-19 has created a significant demand for hand hygiene products. Global manufactures of hand hygiene products are ramping up their production capacities to meet these demands. Additionally, many distillers and brewers around the globe are venturing into the production of hand hygiene products such as hand sanitizers to meet the exponential demand. Hand hygiene products include soaps, hand washes, hand sanitizers, and many more. Hand wash and hand sanitizers are more prevalent in the market owing to their easy application and ease of convenience. Their effectiveness and quick response in killing harmful bacteria and microorganisms have resulted in increasing their popularity
The global hand hygiene products market has witnessed tremendous growth in the last few years. Increasing awareness regarding the health benefits of hand hygiene has surged the demand for hand hygiene products across the globe. Additionally, owing to the outbreak of the global pandemic, COVID-19, in December 2019, consumers across the globe are increasingly becoming aware of the importance of hand hygiene. The global pandemic has resulted in many FMCG companies ramping up the marketing and production of hand hygiene products. Major FMCG companies such as GOGO Industries, Inc. are upscaling their production lines owing to the increasing demand for hand wash, soaps, and hand sanitizers. Additionally, FMCG companies are running campaigns through advertisements and social media sites to increase awareness among its consumers regarding health safety measures during the COVID-19 crisis.
Increasing awareness regarding the usage of health and hygiene products owing to the growth in global pandemics such as COVID-19.
- The Rising Number of Global Pandemics such as COVID-19, Ebola, Cholera, and Many Others: An increasing number of global pandemics such as COVID-19 has been one of the key growth drivers for hand hygiene products across the globe. The advent of such global pandemics has helped in creating awareness regarding the benefits of hand hygiene. Additionally, the outburst of such global pandemics is also anticipated to boost the awareness level thereby resulting in the growth of the global hand hygiene products market.
- Increasing Disposable Income of Consumers
- Effective Marketing Strategies
- Growth of the Organized Retail Sector in Developing Countries
- The Advent of E-commerce Platforms
- Availability of Counterfeit Products
By Product Type
- Hand Sanitizer: The segment is anticipated to have the strongest growth during the forecast period. Hand sanitizers are relatively smaller in size. Their easy availability and accessibility compared to soaps and water make it more convenient for use. All these factors have resulted in propelling the growth of the hand sanitizer market.
- Others (Hand Cleansers, Rubs, etc.)
- Commercial: The Commercial segment is anticipated to have the strongest growth during the forecast period. Owing the its strong application hotels and health centers, the commercial segment is anticipated to dominate in the near future. Additionally, increasing awareness regarding the benefits of health hygiene in educational institutions, corporate offices, and many more is expected to boost the commercial segment. The commercial segment can be classified into:
- Educational Institutions Hotels & Restaurants Hospitals & Health Centers Corporate Offices Others (Commercial Areas such as Malls, recreational areas, etc.) Industrial
By Distribution Channel
- Store-Based: The majority of hand hygiene products are sold through store-based retailers. This segment has been further divided into supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores, and others. The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment dominated the market in 2018.
- North America: North American region is anticipated to create lucrative growth opportunities for the hand hygiene products market. With the presence of some of the key global players of hand hygiene products, the region is anticipated to have significant growth opportunities through new and innovative product launches in the near future.
- Europe: Europe has dominated the global hand hygiene products market. Rising health issues due to lack of proper hand hygiene is one of the major factors that has propelled the demand for hand hygiene products in the European region. Additionally, major European manufacturers of health and hygiene products such as Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, Smith & Nephew plc, Unilever Group, and many more are creating awareness regarding the health benefits of hand hygiene. These companies are partnering with the World Health Organization and running different campaigns to increase the adoption of hand hygiene practices.
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific market is relatively new compared to North America and Europe. The region is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities in the next couple of years. The increasing number of emerging economies, growing purchasing capacity, as well as increasing awareness by many government and non-government agencies regarding the health benefits of hand hygiene are anticipated to augment the growth of the hand hygiene products market in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Rest of the World: The rest of the world includes South America and the Middle East & Africa. The region boasts some of the world’s emerging economies. Rising disposable income and increasing awareness related to the benefits of proper hand hygiene are expected to create lucrative growth opportunities for manufacturers of hand hygiene products in the region.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (UK)
- Unilever Group (UK)
- Smith & Nephew plc (UK)
- 3M (US)
- Procter & Gamble Co. (US)
- C. Johnson & Son, Inc. (US)
- Whiteley Corporation (Australia)
- GOJO Industries, Inc. (US)
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (US)
- Medline Industries, Inc
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The outbreak of COVID-19 is the most significant factor in expanding the global hygiene products market.
Global hygiene products market is projected to record a CAGR of 6.4% by 2025.
Global hygiene products market is estimated to acquire a substantial value by 2025.
The growing awareness about pandemics such as COVID-19, Ebola, Cholera, is projected to be market USP of the global hygiene products market.
Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (UK), GOJO Industries, Inc. (US), Procter & Gamble Co. (US), Smith & Nephew plc (UK), are some of the renowned players of the global hygiene products market.