Global Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Market is projected to reach USD 2,786 Million by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 20.61% between 2019 and 2025. ADS-B is a surveillance technology that enables an aircraft in determining its position through satellite navigation. ADS-B market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of players catering to the increasing demand. High competition among the industry players leads to product innovation, which attracts more consumers. This, in turn, drives the market growth. Many key players such as Thales Group and L3 Harris Technologies, Inc. are launching advanced solutions to strengthen their presence in the ADS-B market. For example, in June 2019, ACSS, an L3 Harris Technologies, Inc. and Thales Company launched SafeRoute+, an ADS-B In retrofit solution for airlines. Therefore, the market is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
The Global ADS-B Market has witnessed high growth in recent years owing to the increasing development of new airports and rising air passenger traffic. Factors contributing to the growth of the market are stringent government regulations regarding aircraft safety and the growing adoption of ADS-B systems by various countries such as Singapore, Australia, and others. Increasing adoption ADS-B for UAVs is also expected to drive the market growth. However, the high cost of development is expected to create a challenge for ADS-B providers.
Enhanced situational awareness offered by ADS-B technology to flight crew is expected to drive the market growth.
- Increasing adoption of ADS-B for UAVs: ADS-B is being developed to ensure airspace safety and increase situational awareness, thereby greatly reducing collision risks. ADS-B technology helps UAV operators sense and avoid possible collisions. Therefore, driving the growth of the market.
- Increasing air passenger traffic
- Development of new airports
- ADS-B In: The segment dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. ADS-B In enables an aircraft to receive and interpret other aircraft’s ADS-B Out data on an electronic flight bag (EFB) or computer screen in the cockpit.
- ADS-B Out: ADS-Out transmits aircraft data such as altitude, airspeed, and location to ADS-B ground stations.
- Line-Fit: The segment is expected to witness a higher CAGR during the forecast period. The line-fit refers to ADS-B that are installed on the production line by the aircraft manufacturer. The line-fit of ADS-B minimize the need for customization and hence decreases the time taken to deploy the aircraft.
- Retrofit: The segment dominated the market in 2018. Retrofit ADS-B reduces installation costs. Hence, the segment dominated the market in 2018.
- Transponder: The segment dominates the ADS-B market in 2018. ADS-B uses transponder to offer enhanced safety and collision avoidance to the aircraft and UAVs.
- Receiver: The segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Receivers provide inflight traffic alerts and precise time stamps. Therefore, the segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Antenna: Antennas assist in transmitting data from the aircraft cockpit to ground stations.
- ADS-B Ground Receiver: The ground receiver receives ADS-B data from an aircraft.
- ATC Surveillance: The segment dominates the ADS-B market in 2018 and is expected to witness higher growth during the forecast period. Rising airspace congestion and development of advanced air traffic management infrastructure is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Airborne Surveillance: ADS-B offers enhanced surveillance capabilities by providing precise aircraft location. It assists the ATC is monitoring the airspace.
- Fixed-Wing: The segment dominates the ADS-B market in 2018 and is expected to witness higher growth during the forecast period. Increasing manufacturing of aircraft to cater to the rising air passenger traffic is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Rotary-Wing: The growing adoption of ADS-B for UAVs is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- North America: North America dominates the ADS-B market. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to the presence of prominent aviation ADS-B providers such as Honeywell International, Inc. and L3 Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Europe: New product launches by prominent ADS-B providers headquartered in Europe is driving the market growth in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in this region is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rising air passenger traffic in countries such as China and India are driving the market growth in the region.
- Rest of the World: The upcoming government mandate pertaining to the usage of ADS-B is expected to drive the market growth in the region. For example, according to U.A.E. Information Bulletin 2017-20 and CAR Part IV Aircraft Operations CAR OPS 1.867 ADS-B will be essential in the Emirates flight information region (FIR) starting January 2020.
- Honeywell International, Inc. (US)
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc. (US)
- Esterline Technologies Corporation (US)
- Garmin Ltd. (US)
- Collins Aerospace (US)
- Indra Sistemas, S.A. (Spain)
- Thales Group (France)
- Avidyne Corporation (US)
- Trig Avionics Ltd. (UK)
- FreeFlight Systems (US)
Other Prominent Players
- Aspen Avionics, Inc. (US)
- Appareo (US)
- Dynon Avionics (US)
- GKN Aerospace Services Limited (UK)
- TQ-Systems GmbH (Germany)
- Aireon (US)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast market is estimated to hold a market value of USD 2,786 million by 2025.
Global automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast market is likely to thrive at a CAGR of 20.61% by 2025.
The high cost of development is likely to hamper the global automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast market.
North America is likely to dominate the global automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast market.
Esterline Technologies Corporation (U.S.), Trig Avionics Ltd. (U.K.), Indra Sistemas, S. (Spain), Honeywell International, Inc. (U.S.) are some of the renowned players of the global automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast market.