Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market held a value of USD 4,976 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 3.1% during the assessment period of 2019 to 2025.
There has been a high level of research in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market in the past few years, which is influencing the global market growth. A lot of companies have their drug candidates in clinical trials and once approved, it will enhance the growth rate of the market.
The increasing initiatives by public and private companies boost the Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market growth. The rising number of product launches by major players in the market are likely to act as a substantial contributing factor for the increase in the near future.
- Increasing research initiatives
- Rising need for treatment of relapsing-remitting MS
- High prevalence of MS
- Increasing product launches
- Growing awareness regarding the severity of this form of MS
- The growing number of agreements by prominent players in the market. For instance, in August 2017, TG Therapeutics, Inc., entered into an agreement with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding the Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) of phase 3 clinical trials for TG-1101, an anti-D20 monoclonal antibody for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
- The increasing number of pipeline drugs. In October 2017, Antisense Therapeutics announced the proceeding of its Phase 2b clinical trials as the US FDA lifted the clinical hold for the drug candidate ATL1102. ATL1102 is indicated for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS).
- Rising need for accurate diagnosis
- Stringent regulatory norms in different economies
- Lack of availability of drugs
- High costs of drugs
Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market, By Treatment
- Immunomodulating Drugs: Immunomodulatory agents elicit anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting dihydroorotate dehydrogenase, a mitochondrial enzyme involved in pyrimidine synthesis. For instance, teriflunomide is intended for relapsing forms of MS.
- Nrf2 Activators: This is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment owing to the increased survival rate.
- Interferons: Studies show that Interferons produce an approximate of 18% 38% reduction in the rate of MS relapses.
- Others: The other segment includes therapeutic products such as dimethyl fumarate.
Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market, By Route of Administration
- Oral: This is expected to be the largest segment, owing to the wide number of products that have to be administered with the help of this type of mechanism.
- Intravenous: Intravenous segment is expected to be the fastest-growing owing to the increased research in this field.
Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market, By End-User
- Hospitals: This is estimated to be the largest segment due to the increasing number of hospitals. The rising awareness about new products for relapsing-remitting MS is anticipated to drive the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- Clinics: Clinics carry out various tests to detect the presence of a disease.
- Others: This segment includes research organizations and academic institutions.
Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market, By Region
- Americas: Americas is estimated to be the largest regional market. Countries such as the US and Canada have well-established research centers. Also, critical companies established in this region constitute advanced manufacturing capabilities. This contributes to the growth of the relapsing-remitting MS market in this region. Moreover, the increasing patient pool is also affecting growth. For instance, about 400,000 people in the US have multiple sclerosis.
- Europe: The increasing research, rise in incidence rates of multiple sclerosis, coupled with the increase in healthcare infrastructure is expected to drive the growth of the relapsing-remitting MS market in the European region. For instance, an overall number of MS patients in Germany is 200,000.
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing region in the Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market. This region is seeing a surge in the number of people afflicted with chronic diseases. On average, about 10 Australians being diagnosed with MS every week. Thus, the rise in the pool of patients who have multiple sclerosis is expected to boost the growth of the Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market in this region.
- Middle East & Africa: The smallest market due to limited healthcare infrastructure and limited exposure to innovative products. In addition to this, the increasing cases of relapsing-remitting MS is expected to drive the growth of the Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market in the near future. For instance, in a survey conducted in South Africa, an approximate of 46% of people had relapsing-remitting MS.
Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Market Key Players
- Biogen (US)
- Eisai Co., Ltd (Japan)
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (India)
- Merck KGaA (US)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Sanofi Genzyme (US)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (Israel)
Speak to Analyst
Ask for Customization
2018 : USD 4,976 Million
3.1% (2019 - 2025)
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
By Treatment, Route of Administration, End-User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (India), Eisai Co., Ltd (Japan), Biogen (US), Merck KGaA (US), Sanofi Genzyme (US), Novartis AG (Switzerland), and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (Israel).
Key Market Opportunities
Increasing product launches Rising need for accurate diagnosis
Key Market Drivers
Increasing research initiatives Rising need for treatment of relapsing-remitting MS Growing awareness regarding the severity of this form of MS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Market valuation in 2018 was USD 4976 million.
The projected CAGR of the Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Market would be 3.1% during the forecast period.
Immunomodulating drugs would lead Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Market.
The oral segment would dominate Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Market.
The hospitals segment would lead Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Market.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.