Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Drug of Abuse Testing Market Overview
The drug of abuse testing market size is expected to reach USD 10.95 Billion by 2032 at 7.9% CAGR during the forecast period 2023-2032. The present-day modern lifestyle so adopted by the people pushes them to consume drugs and then after it leads to drug abuse. The government has carried out DOA testing for preventing illegal activities by drug abuse.
COVID 19 ANALYSIS
The outbreak of COVID had a great impact on the drug of abuse testing market. The government announced isolation and quarantine to those people who were suffering from COVID or had traveled from other parts of the region. Isolation and quarantines had a bad impact on the drug abusers. Lockdown and shutdown measures so imposed t6o avoid the spread of Corona led to the rise in abuse of drugs and alcohol. Drug abusers during the time of COVID were highly dependent on healthcare and public organizations to decrease the health outcomes among the population. This showed that the drug of abuse testing market was severely affected during the time of the pandemic.
Drug of Abuse Testing Market Trends
- Drivers- the main factors that will increase the drug of abuse testing market services are the rise in drug abuse treatment, strict laws imposed for controlling drugs and alcohol testing, increase in mortality of drug-related disorders, and many more. An increase in funding facilities of the government and initiatives are taken by them helps in increasing the drug of abuse testing market size.
- Opportunities- the drugs discovered by the key players are less expensive so that they can be consumed by even economically unstable people living in developing areas. Identification of the different strategies so employed will led to adopting different testing kits and different drug techniques that will steer up the drug of abuse testing market growth. The expansion of drug of abuse testing market size takes place by taking the help of technology, increasing the sensitivity, decreasing the time required for carrying out different screening tests and facilitating the detection of using new innovative drugs.
- Challenges- using drugs to carry out many illegal activities and the abusers consumed a lot of resources of the country. This was the major challenging factor so faced by the market.
- Cumulative Growth- some of the developed countries like the United States have put forward strict laws against drug abusers and the violence so done by them. Substance abuse testing and drug abuse screening tests on roads have been conducted to limit the violence. This helped in the expansion of the drug of abuse testing market size.
- Restraints- some low developed countries have still not emerged as the drug of abuse testing market are a part of the privacy breach and not being aware of the harmful impact of unauthorized drugs has hampered the market growth thus decreasing the drug of abuse testing market size.
Drug of Abuse Testing Market Segment Insights
- By type- based on type, the drug of abuse screening test market is classified into analyzers, fast testing devices, and consumables. Some of the samples like urine, blood, hair, etc. are taken by the pathologist and depending on the type of test, it is being preserved and is tested against various other bacteria and viruses. The pathologist before handing them to people checks their effectiveness which helps in the treatment of the disease. Based on service, the drug of abuse testing devices market is divided based on saliva, urine, and blood. The specimen validity testing market is in high demand due to the services given by them by different drug testing agencies. Based on vertical components, the drug for abuse testing services market is classified into various medical and healthcare centers including hospitals and laboratories. Based on geography, the drug of abuse testing market is classified into North America, the European region, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and some of the African and South American regions.
- By technology- thedrug of abuse testing market has gained success in recent years due to the change of the laws and regulations of the society which in turn leads to the expansion of market size. With the development and discovery of new drugs to meet the market demands, drug abuse screening tests have become popular. Drug abuse screening tests include the testing of urine, hair, blood, and breath, etc which have made it easier for the medicals and hospitals to distinguish the type and substance of the drug. Drug testing has become a major and important part of all industries. So for this reason the expansion in drug of abuse testing market size has been marked. The rise in the growth of the drug abuse market along with the rising in the growth of advanced technology helps in detecting the intoxication rate which is expected to show an increase in drug of abuse testing market size during the market forecast period.
The North American market is expected to cover a large area of market share. Here the government is taking serious steps against the drug abusers. Likewise, the government is taking serious steps for monitoring the symptoms and to determine the intensity of drugs in a body. America is the world's most dominant market due to the increase in the usage of drugs. Testing drugs is an important part of every organization, transportation, corporate sector, and many others. European regions like France, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy are said to be the second most dominant religion throughout the market. The anti-drug drive is in high demand due to an increase in road accidents done by alcoholic and drunk people. Asia-Pacific countries include the regions of China, India, Australia, and Brazilian regions where a hike in the drug of abuse testing market was marked and stringent rules and regulations were put forward by the government.
Rising drug of abuse testing market services by adopting different market trends made the key players compete with other market players. The key players have worked by adopting different products and have made a good product portfolio. They have used drug abuse test market technology and have launched new substances for covering large market shares. Some of them are Abbott Laboratories, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Express Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Siemens AG, Pfizer, Drager Work KG, and Co KGAA, Orasure, Hoffmann La-Roche AG, Premier Biotech, MPD, Alfa Scientific Designs, SureHire, LifeLock, Omega Laboratories, CannAmm, Shimadzu, Psychemedics, Laboratories Corporation of America Holdings(LabCorp), Randox Laboratories, Sonic Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories and many more. These companies along with government organizations have planned various strategies that may lead to the adoption of the drug of abuse testing devices market. This pharma company has been investing large sums of revenue in discovering new drugs for the treatment of various diseases.
- A couple of days ago, it was marked that Pfizer had discovered a drug for COVID, which was legally accepted by the people of the world. Pfizer had no side effects on the people.
- Quest Diagnostic on the acquisition with Houston Healthcare in the year 2019, discovered drug-abusing labs which will give help in expansion of drug of abuse testing market size and thus providing all the required services increasing the size of drug of abuse testing services market. By the use of drug abuse rest market technology the lab will conduct even the drug abuse screening tests thus raising the growth of the drug abuse screening test market.
- High-end discoveries and innovations were also carried out by Shimadzu Corporation in 2018. This company created its database called Smart Forensic Database 2 which analyzes the toxicity of the materials by using Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometry.
- In 2017, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. discovered Thermo Fisher pre-employment drug test and added many new substances to his lab. He discovered many narcotic analyzing techniques which played a great role in enhancing the drug of abuse testing market size.
The report on the drug abuse testing market gave insights into the research and also gave a good analysis of the drugs and drug industry. It gives insights into the market scenario and makes a good evaluation of its current trends which has a great impact on future growth. It gives a piece of good information about the factors that increases the opportunities of the market and the factors that drive the market size. It also signifies the challenges faced by the drug abuse testing market. The report gives a good analysis of the market segments that helps in driving the drug abuse screening test market. It gives insights into the competitive outlook of the regions and the key players operating in the market. The report shows the importance of drug abuse screening tests for the population who always wants to adopt a healthier lifestyle and guide the public to avoid consuming drugs and other additives.
USD 10.95 Billion
Value (USD Billion)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type of Test, Sample
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Abbott Laboratories, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Express Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Siemens AG, Pfizer, Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGAA, OraSure, Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Premier Biotech, Alfa Scientific Designs, MPD, SureHire, Lifeloc, Omega Laboratories, CannAmm, Shimadzu, Psychemedics, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LabCorp), Randox Laboratories, Sonic Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories.
Key Market Opportunities
New product launches and R&D Amongst major key Players
Key Market Drivers
· Increased use of drug testing.
· rising consumption of illegal drugs
Drug Abuse Testing Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The drug of abuse testing market is projected to grow at a 7.9% CAGR between 2023-2032.
Abbott Laboratories, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Express Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Siemens AG, Pfizer, Drager Work KG, and Co KGAA, Orasure, Hoffmann La-Roche AG, Premier Biotech, MPD, Alfa Scientific Designs, SureHire, LifeLock, Omega Laboratories, CannAmm, Shimadzu, Psychemedics, Laboratories Corporation of America Holdings(LabCorp), Randox Laboratories, Sonic Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories are the key players in the market
The drug of abuse testing market is predicted to touch USD 10.95 Billion by 2032.
Increased use of drug testing, rising consumption of illegal drugs, and increase in road accidents are boosting market growth.
Social issues related to drug abuse testing may limit market growth.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report