Global Drone Defense System Market is projected to reach USD 24.3 Billion by 2026 and is projected to grow at a 35.2% CAGR between 2020 and 2026. Drone defense systems are used to detect/intercept unmanned aircraft. Growing incidences of security breaches by drones pose a significant security threat to both military and civilian entities. This has led to the emergence of a new market for drone defense systems in recent years.
Global Drone Defense System Market has witnessed high growth in recent years owing to the rising incidences of security breaches by unidentified drones. Moreover, increasing terrorism and illicit activities across the World and FAA mandates for the identification of drones are some of the factors driving the growth of the global market.
However, increasing hacking, privacy, and security concerns and public safety concerns are expected to restrain the market growth to some extent.
Increasing the need to reduce or prohibit security breaches by drones.
- Rising Incidences of Security Breaches by Unidentified Drones: Over the last few years, there has been a significant rise in the use of drones for various applications, including surveillance and monitoring, search and rescue operations, agriculture, and aerial photography. In order to monitor and regulate the use of drones, countries such as the US, Brazil, and China have introduced various laws. However, there are several incidences of security breaches by unidentified drones, particularly at military establishments and public places such as airports, military bases, and prisons. This has increased the demand for drone defense systems globally, which is driving the growth of the global drone defense system market.
- Increasing Terrorism and Illicit Activities Across the World
- FAA Mandates for Identification of Drones
- Hacking, Privacy, and Security Concerns
- Public Safety Concerns
- Identification & Detection Systems: In 2019, the identification & detection system segment accounted for the largest market share. Due to the small size of drones and their low ﬂying speeds at low altitudes, UAS surveillance is a challenging task. Many systems, such as radar, acoustic, sensors, and radio frequency (RF), can be used for drone identification & detection.
- Countermeasure Systems: The countermeasure systems segment is expected to record a higher growth rate during the forecast period. Countermeasure systems are used for disrupting the operations of the detected drone by jamming, spoofing, destroying, or catching.
- Military: The military segment accounted for the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The increasing use of drones by terrorists in the Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Europe is expected to drive the demand for drone defense systems.
- Commercial: The commercial segment is expected to register a significant growth rate during the forecast period. In commercial environments, drone defense systems are used for airspace protection at airports and during large events such as sports games, and at national borders.
- Homeland Security: The homeland security segment is expected to witness steady growth in CAGR during the forecast period. Homeland security is engaged in keeping the nation safe, secure, and resilient against terrorism and other hazards. It also reduces the vulnerability of the country to terrorism and minimizes the damage caused by attacks. Terrorism is on the rise, and attacks with the help of UAS have been increasing for the past few years. As a result, the demand for drone defense systems by homeland security agencies is increasing.
- North America: North America dominates the drone defense system market. This region is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period due to the presence of several prominent players, such as Dedrone, Inc., Dronelabs LLC, and Precision Hawk, and the high investments made by these companies in the development of advanced drone defense system solutions.
- Europe: The increasing adoption of drones by the terrorist in Europe for attacking is expected to boost the demand for drone defense systems and solutions in the region during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in this region is projected to expand with a high CAGR during the forecast period. The increasing defense expenditure and rising terrorist activities in countries such as India, Indonesia, and Australia, have significantly increased the demand for drone defense systems.
- Middle East & Africa: The increase in defense expenditures by countries such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Israel is driving the market growth in the Middle East & Africa.
- Latin America: In Latin America, there has been an increase in the use of drones for drug trafficking and arms smuggling is expected to drive the growth of the drone defense system market during the forecast period.
- Aselsan AS (Turkey)
- Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd (UK)
- Dedrone, Inc. (US)
- Droneshield (US)
- Kelvin Hughes Limited (UK)
- Leonardo Spa (Italy)
- Precision Hawk (US)
- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd (Israel)
- Rohde & Schwarz (Germany)
- Thales Group (France)
Other Prominent Players
- Mistral Solutions Pvt. Ltd (India)
- Aaronia AG (Germany)
- Advanced Protection Systems Sp. Z O.O. (Poland)
- Dronelabs LLC (US)
- Orelia SAS (Peru)
- Rheinmetall AG (Germany)
- Rinicom Ltd (UK)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
global drone defense system market is projected to acquire a market value of USD 24.3 million by 2026.
global drone defense system market is expected to thrive at a CAGR of 35.2% by 2026.
The growing need to reduce security breaches is anticipated to be the market USP of the global drone defense system market.
The increasing terrorism and illicit activities across the world are projected to drive the global drone defense system market.
Rohde & Schwarz (Germany), Kelvin Hughes Limited (U.K.), Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd (Israel), and Dedrone, Inc. (U.S.) are some of the renowned players in the global drone defense system market.