Synopsis of Cosmetics & Personal care ingredients Market
Cosmetics & personal care ingredients refers to the raw materials used for manufacturing the cosmetic products. The ingredients can be synthesized chemically or naturally derived which are later blended and formulated to enhance the properties of various cosmetic products.
The MENA/G.C.C./China Cosmetic & personal care ingredients market is expected to grow at CAGR of 5.76% during the forecast 2021-2030. The prominent factors fuelling the growth of Cosmetics & personal care ingredients market are, the bolstering growth of cosmetic industry across the target markets coupled with high level of spending and dominance of hair care, skincare, fragrance and shower products with multi-functional ingredients to boost personal care ingredients market. However, the market will be hampered by increasing ban or restrictions on various ingredients market. Thus, with capacity expansion and migration of cosmetic manufacturers in the Middle East & Africa market to offer lucrative opportunities for cosmetic ingredient manufactures. Furthermore, growing prominence of halal certification cosmetic and personal care formulations in G.C.C. and MENA regions and increasing inclination towards multi-functionality products as a product development by manufacturer are increasing the demand of cosmetics & personal care market.
The different categories of ingredients used in manufacturing of cosmetics include, emulsifiers, emollients, rheology modifiers, surfactants, and antioxidant among others. Ingredients used under this categories include — tocopherols, dimethicone, parabens, formaldehydes, sodium lauryl sulphate, titanium dioxide, glycerine and alcohols among others. The formaldehyde market segment is estimated to account for maximum market share of 16.87% in terms of value. The major factors such as increasing concern about skin lightening and color among the consumers are anticipated to drive the market demand over the forecast period. In terms of application of these ingredients, the market is segmented into — skincare, hair care, fragrance, color cosmetics, bath & shower and other cosmetic products. The skincare segment is estimated to be the prominent revenue generating segment over other application segments in the cosmetic and personal care ingredients market.
MENA/G.C.C./China Cosmetic & personal care ingredients market, By Type, 2016(%)
Source: MRFR Report
Geographically, the cosmetics & personal care ingredients market is fragmented among regions Middle East & North Africa, China and Gulf countries. Among all the regions, China is estimated to be largest consumer of cosmetics & personal care ingredients owing to increasing demand of multi-functional ingredients, high demand of anti-aging products, and skin whitening products in cosmetics & personal care market. The skincare and hair care products account for more than half of the retail value in China’s cosmetic market. Furthermore, the market is estimated to witness relatively high CAGR of 5.89% over the forecast period.
Turkey cosmetics and personal care ingredients market is estimated to witness maximum value share growth over the forecast period owing to large manufacturing base for cosmetics & personal care products as well as major exporting hub of soap and hair care products. North Africa, Israel and Rest of MENA market has relatively low share in cosmetics and personal care ingredients market. The market suffice their cosmetics and personal care needs by imports from Turkey and nearby European countries.
Moreover, G.C.C. cosmetics and personal care market is accounted for the lowest share and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast period. The fragrance segment is the most attractive segment in the country and accounts for substantial value share in the cosmetics market in UAE, which is followed by the skincare segment. Additionally, increasing prominence of halal certification that encompasses religious concern is anticipated to result in traction market growth. However, increasing stringent regulations restricting the application of hazardous ingredients in countries namely, Saudi Arabia and UAE is hampering the market growth.
MENA/G.C.C./China Cosmetic & personal care ingredients market is majorly segmented on the basis of Type, End Use and Region. On Basis of Type, MENA/G.C.C./China cosmetic & personal care ingredients market is segmented into tocopherol, dimethicone, parabens, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium laureth sulphate, formaldehyde, benzones, isopropyls, glycerols, others. Based on end use, cosmetic & personal care ingredients is segmented into skincare, hair care, bath & shower, colour cosmetics, fragrance, others. Based on region market is divided into Middle East & North Africa, China and Gulf Countries including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, and UAE.
Key players of the MENA/G.C.C./China Cosmetic & personal care ingredients market are SABIC, Artec Chemical Company Limited, Dongming Jujin Chemical Co., Ltd., Ittihad International Chemicals Trading LLC (IICT), Reza Chemical Industries (RCI) (REZA Investment Company Ltd.), Chemanol and DOGOIDE Group among others.
The report covers brief analysis of geographical region such as:
- Middle East & North Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of MENA
- Saudi Arabia
The report about MENA/G.C.C./China Cosmetic & personal care ingredients market by Market Research Future comprises of extensive primary research along with detail analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts and key opinion leaders to gain a deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The report gives a clear picture of the current market scenario which includes past and estimated future market size in terms of value and volume, technological advancement, macro economical and governing factors in the market. The report further provides detail information about strategies used by top key players in the industry. It also gives a broad study about different market segments and regions.
- MENA/G.C.C./China cosmetic & personal care ingredients market is projected to reach USD 1,530 million in 2016 and expected to reach USD 2,209.5 million in 2023 with a CAGR of 5.5%
- China accounted for largest share due to easy availability of raw material, lower labor cost and increasing per capita spending on the cosmetics and personal care products in the country, increasing demand of multifunctional products leading to specialty ingredients demand boost.
- Key players including SABIC, Artec Chemical Company Limited, Dongming Jujin Chemical Co., Ltd., and Ittihad International Chemicals Trading LLC (IICT) among others are investing more into product development and capacity expansion in terms to capture the market share.
- China dominate the market accounting for 66%, followed by MENA and G.C.C. China is forecast to be the fastest growing region in cosmetic & personal care ingredients market at close to 5.89% CAGR from 2017 to 2023.
- Formaldehyde accounted for the largest market share in 2016, and is estimated to remain the same owing to its usage as preservatives and additives in personal care & cosmetic products. Glycerols are second highest segment owing to increasing demand application segment including skin creams, moisturizers and color cosmetics products.
- The skincare segment is estimated as dominating segment owing to increasing demand of anti-aging skincare products in youth population. Regionally, a similar market trend has been observed across different regions covered.
- Cosmetics & Personal Care manufacturers
- Traders and distributors of Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Production Process industries
- Potential investors
- Raw material suppliers
- Nationalized laboratory
2030 : Significant value
2019 & 2020
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type, end use
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
SABIC, Artec Chemical Company Limited, Dongming Jujin Chemical Co., Ltd., Ittihad International Chemicals Trading LLC (IICT), Reza Chemical Industries (RCI) (REZA Investment Company Ltd.), Chemanol and DOGOIDE Group
Key Market Opportunities
New product launches and R&D Amongst major key Players
Key Market Drivers
increasing concern about skin lightening and color among the consumers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The MENA, GCC, and China cosmetic & personal care ingredients market can expand at a CAGR of 5.76% from 2021-2030.
Formaldehyde is predicted to be the biggest segment under ‘type’ in the MENA, GCC, and China cosmetic & personal care ingredients market.
Skincare is purported to generate the largest revenue and be the biggest end-use segment within the MENA, GCC, and China cosmetic and personal care ingredients market.
Reza Chemical Industries (RCI) (REZA Investment Company Ltd.), Dongming Jujin Chemical Co., Ltd., Ittihad International Chemicals Trading LLC (IICT), Artec Chemical Company Limited, SABIC, DOGOIDE Group, Chemanol, and others are main players of the MENA, GCC, and China cosmetic and personal care ingredients market.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.