Service Packaging Market Overview
As per the research reports by MRFR, the global market for service packaging is estimated to flourish at a healthy USD 1,45,500 million at a CAGR of over 4.70% during the review timeframe.
Service packaging focuses on offering convenience to the end use customers by providing them a durable, convenient service packaging. Service packaging is majorly used across several applications such as consumer goods, beverages, and foods. The global market for service packaging has registered enormous growth in recent times. The market's growth is mainly credited to the massive development in the packaged food industries. Furthermore, the rapid growth in the e-commerce sector has also played a vital part in the market's growth in the last few years. Online shopping offers several beneficial features, such as free shipping, quicker delivery, attractive discounts & offers, and easier return policies, which are making customers shift towards online shopping platforms. Moreover, the growing pharmaceutical industry across the globe is also anticipated to boost the market's growth in the coming years. on the other hand, the volatility of prices of packaging raw materials is projected to impede the market's growth.
List of the key prominent companies in the service packaging include
Amcor Ltd., Mondi Group, Smurfit Kappa Group, Bemis Company Inc., Georgia-Pacific Corporation, ITC Ltd., Cascades Inc., International Paper, Graphic Packaging International Inc., DS Smith Plc, Crown Holdings, Inc, AptarGroup Inc., Sonoco Products Company, and Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
Segmentation: Global Service Packaging Market
The market is segmented based on material, product, and application. On the basis of the product, the market is segmented into boxes, bags, pouches, and others. The pouches is the major product segment of the market. It is available in several types of stand-up pouches, pillow pouches, and retort pouches. The stand-up pouches are showing higher growth rate due to great barrier properties against moisture and oxygen along with low material usage and cost-effectiveness.
On the basis of the materials, the market is segmented into paper & paperboard, plastic, and others. Plastic dominates the material segment of the global market. It is extensively used materials for packaging across numerous end-use industries. Plastic in the form of PVC, PE, PP, PET, and others are used broadly in the packaging segment. This material provides a high barrier, cost-effectiveness, temperature resistance, and durable packaging options. The paper-based packaging is a versatile, environment-friendly and cost-effective method to transport, protect and preserve an extensive array of items.
On the basis of the application, the market is segmented into food & beverages, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, and others. The food and beverages segment dominates the market. High demand for processed and packed food across the globe driving the growth of the market. Service packaging is mainly used by the food industry for the packing of fruits, vegetables, poultry, meat, fish in addition to prepared meals, and storage products. Moreover, growing population along with increasing disposable income among the consumers also has the positive influence on the growth of the market.
- March 2022- a leader in flexible packaging and material science, ProAmpac, has announced that it has made its fresh food-to-go HandRap™ products available for onlinepurchase from quantities as low as 500 with available options for full-scale production.
- March 2022- a reputed producer of cleaning, maintenance, and personal protection products, The Tranzonic Companies, has announced the expansion of its ability to offer contract converting services for dry and presaturated perforated rolls within the nonwoven wipes category.
- February 2022- The United States Postal Service, in a proposal to capture more packages for next-day delivery, has launched a new, cheaper parcel service named "USPS Connect Local." The service will allow shippers to get next-day, first-class service on document packages weighing up to 13 ounces for USD2.95.
In March 2017, Hotpack Packaging Industries has declared an investment of USD 61 million (GBP 50 million) to set up a facility in the U.K. The facility will be furnished with the latest packaging and manufacturing technologies. This facility will be established as the U.K & European head office and manufacturing facility and will create 250 jobs in the region.
In July 2016, Orlando Products, Inc. one of the largest providers of packaging supplies ranging from padded mailers, bubble wrap, and flexible sheet foams, completed the acquisition of Absolute Packaging, LLC. This acquisition provides Orlando Products with additional manufacturing capacity and expands the company's presence in the Northern Virginia market.
| Market Size
|| 2030: USD 1,45,500 million
|| 4.70% CAGR (2022-2030)
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
|| 2022 to 2030
| Historical Data
|| 2019 & 2020
| Forecast Units
|| Value (USD Million)
| Report Coverage
|| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
|| Material, Product, Application
| Geographies Covered
|| North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
|| Amcor Ltd., Mondi Group, Smurfit Kappa Group, Bemis Company Inc., Georgia-Pacific Corporation, ITC Ltd., Cascades Inc., International Paper, Graphic Packaging International Inc., DS Smith Plc, Crown Holdings, Inc., Graphic Packaging International Inc., AptarGroup Inc., Sonoco Products Company, and Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
| Key Market Opportunities
||· Increasing pharmaceutical industry across the globe · positive influence
| Key Market Drivers
||· Convenience · ease of online shopping · Easier return policies
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global service packaging market is predicted to grow at a 4.70% CAGR between 2022- 2030.
Service packaging have wide applications in pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and consumers goods industries.
Asia Pacific will lead the global service packaging market.
Convenience and ease of online shopping are the key factors driving the global service packaging market growth.
Key contenders profiled in the global service packaging market include Amcor Ltd. (Australia), AptarGroup Inc. (USA), Bemis Company Inc. (USA), Cascades Inc. (Canada), Crown Holdings Inc. (USA), DS Smith PLC (UK), Georgia-Pacific Corporation ITC Ltd. (USA), Graphic Packaging International Inc. (USA), International Paper (USA), Mondi Group (Austria), Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd. (Japan), Smurfit Kappa Group (Republic of Ireland), and Sonoco Products Company (USA).
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.