Pulmonary Function Testing Market Analysis
The Pulmonary Function Testing Market is expected to reach USD 0.21 billion by 2032 at 4.1% CAGR during the forecast period 2023-2032. Our lungs perform the pulmonary function. This includes inhaling the air by the nasal passage that travels to the lungs, and absorbing oxygen in the blood which is carried to other parts of the body, and exhaling the carbon dioxide as a waste product through the nasal passage. Several tests are being conducted on people to check how efficiently their lungs are functioning. These are performed with the help of pulmonary function testing equipment, pulmonary function testing machine. The tests can be performed for two reasons. Firstly, if there is some blockage or obstruction in the breathing passage. Secondly, if there is some restrain or reduction in the absorption of oxygen by the blood.
Coronavirus is a highly infectious disease that is majorly attacking the respiratory system of people. One of the most common symptoms observed in the people affected by the SARS-Cov2 virus is difficulty in breathing and lowering of oxygen level in the body. The pulmonary function testing market saw a boom throughout the last year because pulmonary function equipment is used to detect the level of infection in the lungs of a patient.
People across the globe are suffering from the covid19. More ventilators, testing kits, and oxygen cylinders are required than they were demanded on the normal days before the global pandemic. The government of every nation is procuring and manufacturing more mobile pulmonary function testing devices which are rapid as well as require less human contact. This has surely given a hike to market for pulmonary function testing share.
Pulmonary Function Testing Market Dynamics
The rise in the cases of pneumonia, lung cancer, asthma, and other respiration-related problems has increased the lung function test market size. The widespread highly infectious diseases, rise in air pollution which leads to breathing problems, and drinking and smoking habits that cause lung cancer, are the primary factors that are increasing the demand for pulmonary function equipment. Pulmonary function testing to diagnose asthma holds the greatest market share.
The life expectancy has increased several folds which means that there is a large population of elderly people who are to be medically treated. Diseases such as lung cancer, blockage in the lungs, and asthma are more common in old-aged people. It proves to be an opportunity for the pulmonary function testing market. The awareness among people also increases the demand for portable pulmonary function testing equipment, as they can be easily used in home healthcare.
Businesses have to abide by the law of the land and cannot operate outside it. The rigid policies of medical authorities to provide standardized pulmonary function testing devices may hinder the growth of the market globally. The raw material for manufacturing or assembling the testing equipment is expensive. This is another obstacle for the manufacturers of pulmonary function testing devices.
Value Chain Analysis
Owing to an unhealthy lifestyle and deteriorating environment, respiratory therapist pulmonary function testing arises. National Central Cancer Registry of China has reported through research conducted that near about 22% of total lung cancer cases from across the globe are from china, and globally, almost 27% of death related to respiratory problems are also reported in china.
The key players of this market globally are striving voluntarily to produce such devices and equipment which are easy to use, portable in nature, and can give concrete results. This is possible with technological advancements.
Pulmonary Function Testing Market Segmentation
The pulmonary function testing market can be divided into various segments. These are: based on type, based on test type, based on component, based on application, and based on end-users.
Based on type
- Among the different types of pulmonary function testing devices available in the market globally are complete PFT systems. These are restricted to a specific area. The portable PFT systems are easy to carry and can be used at any place.
Based on test type
- Various tests which are conducted to detect respiratory infections are Spirometer, Lung Volume, Gas Exchange Testing, Maximal Voluntary Ventilation, Oxygen Titration Test, High Altitude Simulation Testing.
Based on application
- These tests help detect various lung-related diseases. These are as follows: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Chronic Shortness of Breath, Restrictive Lung Disease, and others.
Based on component
- The component used to run the pulmonary function testing devices are hardware, software, and the services which will be finally rendered to the patients.
Based on end-users
- Pulmonary function testing is done at diagnostics centers and hospitals. Research laboratories and other academic institutions also contribute a large share to the market. Child specialist hospitals are also end-user.
Pulmonary Function Testing Market Regional Analysis
Pulmonary function testing market size is increasing with every passing day. It is leaving its impression in every corner of the world. The regions where they are operating include America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and the rest of the world.
America, which includes the area of North America (the US and Canada) and Latin America, is overshadowing all the other regions. The rise in the percentage of the elderly population, larger investments in medical infrastructure by the authorities, and awareness among the general public related to respiratory diseases are the key driving factors.
The European region which includes Germany, UK, France, Russia, and Italy, has bagged the position of second-largest market share in the pulmonary function testing market globally. Unhealthy lifestyles, rise in the cases of asthma, and other respiratory diseases become the major reason for this.
Asia-Pacific region, which includes China, Japan, India, Australia, and South Korea, provides a huge market for pulmonary function testing. It owns to the fact that the government of these countries is investing a large share of their resources in developing a robust medical infrastructure. South Korea alone accounted for the market share of 10.1% in the year 2017.
The rest of the world, which includes the region of the Middle East and Africa, is showing a constant but slow growth because of the limited resources with the government and lack of awareness among the general public.
Pulmonary Function Testing Market Competitive Landscape
The list of major key players involved in pulmonary function testing data analysis is as follows:
- COSMED Srl
- Vyaire Medical, Inc
- Medical Equipment Europe GmbH
- Medical Electronic Construction
- ECO MEDICS AG
- CHEST M.I., Inc
- MGC Diagnostic Corporation
- Medical Technologies.
- Schiller AG
- NSPIRE HEALTH INC.
- ndd Medizintechnik AG
- Morgan Scientific Inc.
- Ganshorn Medizin Electronic
- Minato Holdings Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Omron Healthcare, Inc.
The above-listed come together in the joint venture, mergers and, acquisitions to launching new devices. Their main objective is to deliver devices that are cost-effective, hassle-free in operations, and give concrete results. With advanced technologies, the key players are focusing on developing portable pulmonary function testing devices.
Various developments that are found in pulmonary function testing Indusrty research are as follows:
- In the November of the year 2018, Auris Health fills out its investment in the portfolio of pulmonary market function. They are expecting to launch an artificial intelligence robot that will help people with medical ailments.
- In January of the year 2018, the UK-based organization, namely, Owlstone Medical, invested a huge amount in producing a respiratory cancer testing device.
- In September of the year 2016, Schiller AG threw into orbit their device called touch 7. It was more efficient in detecting the problems in pulmonary functioning.
- In the year 2017, Vyaire Medical, Inc. formed an acquisition over Revolutionary Medical Devices, Inc. they manufacture products for smoothing the functioning of air passage inside the human body.
- In March of the year 2018, COSMED Srl launched altogether new catalogue of products for monitoring and screening of pulmonary function testing.
This market research report of pulmonary function testing market includes the following elements:
- Market Overview
- COVID19 Analysis
- Market Dynamics
- Value Chain Analysis
- Market Segmentation
- Regional Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Recent Developments
This research report includes the basic meaning of pulmonary function and how it works. Several tests are being conducted on people to check how efficiently their lungs are functioning. The tests are performed if there is some blockage or obstruction in the breathing passage or if there is some restrain or reduction in the absorption of oxygen by the blood. The most common symptoms observed in the people affected by the SARS-Cov2 virus are difficulty in breathing and lowering of oxygen level in the body. This has increased the market capacity for pulmonary function testing market procedures.
USD 0.21 Billion
Value (USD Billion)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type, Component, Application
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific
COSMED Srl, Vyaire Medical, Inc, Medical Equipment Europe GmbH, Medical Electronic Construction, ECO MEDICS AG
Key Market Opportunities
Diseases such as lung cancer, blockage in the lungs, and asthma are more common in old-aged people.
Key Market Drivers
Pulmonary function testing to diagnose asthma holds the greatest market share.
Pulmonary Function Testing Systems Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Pulmonary Function Testing Market is predicted to touch USD 145.2 Million by 2032
Pulmonary Function Testing Market is projected to grow at an 4.1% CAGR by 2032
Americas is projected to have the lions share in the Pulmonary Function Testing Market.
Key competitors in the Pulmonary Function Testing Market include Medical Technologies, MGC Diagnostic Corporation, CHEST M.I., Inc, ECO MEDICS AG, Medical Electronic Construction, Medical Equipment Europe GmbH, Schiller, Vyaire Medical, Inc, and COSMED srl.
Different strategies adopted by industry players to maintain a dominance in the Pulmonary Function Testing Market include collaborations, mergers, joint agreements, and product launches.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.