The global men's personal care products market size is projected to reach approximately 46.2Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2021 to 2028. Men's personal care products offer a wide range of products that provide nutrition to skin and hair and improve personality and grooming. The growing young population and the increasing trend of personal grooming are expected to drive the men's personal care products market. Increasing professional salon services for men, growing millennial population adopting new trends, and growth in corporate lifestyle are other key factors supporting the development of the global men's personal care products market. Furthermore, increased sales through organized retail channels are further supporting the growth of the global men's persona care cosmetics market. The increasing trend of organic men's grooming products is expected to create lucrative opportunities for vendors operating in the global men's personal care products market. Product launches by the key players are driving the growth of themarket. For instance, in May 2020,Procter & Gamble introduced King C. Gillette products designed for men.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in the lockdown across regions, border restrictions, and breakdown of transportation networks. The COVID-19 outbreak has flipped the growth switch in every sector of the economy. The coronavirus pandemic has forced countries all over the world to impose the lockdown. The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a surge in demand for men’s personal care products worldwide.
The global men's personal care products market has witnessed substantial growth in recent years. The pandemic has created lucrative opportunities for men's personal care products manufacturers across the globe. The increasing availability of grooming products at organized retail stores is an important factor fueling the men's personal care products market. The high availability of men's personal care products has propelled the market growth.Furthermore, the rise in sales of men's personal care products through supermarkets & hypermarkets is further expected to boost the global men's personal care products market during the forecast period.
Increasing trend of men's personal grooming
- Increasingprofessional salon services for men:The increasing concerns about appearance and grooming among the male population is anticipated to drive the global men's personal care products market.
- Growing corporate lifestyle
- Effective marketing strategies
- Advent of e-commerce platforms
- Harmful effects of chemicals
- Increased packaging costs and ingredients pricing
By Product Type
- Skin Care:Thesegment accounted for the largest market share of the global men's personal care products market and is projected to remain dominant during the forecast period. Increased usage of products such as face cream and body lotion contributes to driving the segment growth.The rise in promotional activities of men's skincare products by famous personalities is expected to support the segment's growth during the forecast period.
- Hair Care:
- Personal Grooming:
By Distribution Channel
- Conventional:Thissegment accounted for the larger market share of the global men's personal care products market and is projected to remain dominant during the forecast period. . The rising demand for conventional men's personal care products, easy availability, and affordabilityare expected to boost the segment growth.
- Store-Based: Most of the personal care productsfor men aresold through store-based retailers. This segment has been further divided into supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores, andspecialty stores. The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment dominated the market in 2020 and is anticipated to dominateduring the forecast period.
- North America: North America is expected to register the largest value in the global men's personal care Products Market. Growing awareness regarding personal care regime coupled with emerging trends in fashion and social media is supporting the growth of North Americanmen's personal care products market
- Europe: Europe accounted for thesecond-largest market share of the global men's personal care products market in 2020. The key country-level markets include UK, Germany, France, and Spain. Focus on anti-aging products among the elderly population in Europe further supports the growth of the Europeanmen's personal care products market.
- Rest of the World
- Procter & Gamble (US)
- Reckitt Benckiser (UK)
- Unilever (UK)
- L'Oréal S.A. (France)
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. (US)
- Kao Corporation (Japan)
- Beiersdorf AG (Germany)
- Johnson & Johnson (US)
- Coty Inc. (US)
- Edgewell Personal Care Company (US)