Global Defense Cybersecurity Market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 10.6% between 2019 and 2025. The defense intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems that are deployed on national borders/in remote areas are connected through wireless networks that provide real-time data. Thus, these systems are susceptible to cyberattacks. Common security threats include selective forwarding, data breach, Sybil attacks, crypto-jacking, sinkhole attacks, and wormholes.
The global defense cybersecurity market has witnessed high growth in recent years owing to Increasing Defense Expenditures. Moreover, the growing severity of cyber-attacks on military organizations and the increasing use of remotely operated systems such as UAVs and UGVs are some factors driving the growth of the market. However, the lack of technical knowledge and expertise system is expected to restrain the market growth to some extent.
The growing need to protect critical defense data.
- Increasing Defense Expenditures: Globally, military spending has increased significantly in recent years. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), global military expenditure rose by 2.6% to approximately USD 1.82 trillion from 2017 to 2018. The increase in defense expenditure is expected to boost the demand for advanced cybersecurity solutions.
- Growing Severity of Cyber Attacks on Military Organizations
- Lack of Technical Knowledge and Expertise
- Solution: The segment is accounted for the largest market share and is also expected to at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing demand for cybersecurity solutions such as threat intelligence & response management, security and vulnerability management, unified threat management, and managed security by the military organizations globally.
- Service: The service segment includes professional services and managed services. The managed services segment accounted for the highest share in 2018. Managed services are typically on-going and can cover many aspects of an organizations IT needs on a daily basis.
- On-Premise: The segment dominated the defense cybersecurity market in 2018. The increasing use of on-premise solutions to control and monitor many defense systems such as intelligence, surveillance, tracking, and missiles and fire control among others, is expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Cloud: The segment is expected to witness higher growth during the forecast period from 2019 to 2025. This is due to the increasing adoption of the cloud-based system by the military agencies globally.
- North America: North America dominates the defense cybersecurity market. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to the presence of prominent players such as Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Intel Corporation, Raytheon Company, and SecureWorks Corporation; and high investments made by them in the development of advanced cybersecurity solutions.
- Europe: The increasing adoption of advanced systems by the military organization in Europe for performing intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance missions is expected to boost the demand for cybersecurity solutions in the review period.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in this region is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing defense expenditure and rising terrorist activities in countries such as India, China, Indonesia, and Australia are driving the growth of the market in the region.
- Middle East & Africa: The increase in defense expenditures by countries such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Israel is driving the market growth in the Middle East & African region.
- Latin America: In Latin America, there has been an increase in the use of UAVs for intelligence gathering on drug trafficking and rebel groups, deforestation monitoring, and control of illegal migration, which is expected to boost the demand for cybersecurity solutions.
- Airbus SAS (Netherlands)
- Aselsan AS (Turkey)
- BAE Systems plc (UK)
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. (US)
- Cisco Systems Inc. (US)
- DXC Technology Company (US)
- IBM Corporation (US)
- Intel Corporation (US)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (US)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (US)
- Raytheon Company (US)
- SecureWorks Corp. (US)
- Thales Group (France)
- The Boeing Company (US)
- Verizon Communications (US)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The market can make progress at a rate of 10.6% during the evaluation period.
The main growth enhancers in the global market include the surge in defense expenditures, the rising cases of cyber-attacks in the military sector and the mounting deployment rate of remotely operated systems like UGVs and UAVs.
A key growth restraint in the market can be the lack of technical skills and expertise with regard to defense cybersecurity.
The on-premise segment is dominating the market.
North American is in the lead in the global market as a result of the strong presence of well-known firms such as Cisco Systems Inc., Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Raytheon Company, SecureWorks Corporation and Intel Corporation, and the high spending rate of these players on the development of cutting edge cybersecurity solutions.