Celiac Disease Treatment Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18.60% during the forecast period, 2019-2025, and reach USD 661.2 Million by 2025. Increasing prevalence of diabetes and celiac disease is expected to drive the global market. The rising pediatric population is likely to boost the celiac disease treatment market. Traditionally, celiac disease is considered a pediatric disorder. Typically, the disorders occur after the introduction of weaning foods containing prolamines in children, 6 to 18 months old. Thus, growing pediatric population is estimated to drive market growth.
Rising clinical trials of drugs against celiac disease is estimated to influence the celiac disease treatment market. The market is projected to witness a shift from symptomatic to targeted treatments, during the forecast period, 2018-2025.
- Increasing diabetes cases.
Celiac disease is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the small intestine, caused by the ingestion of dietary gluten products. The disease is multifactorial, and various triggering factors (environmental factors and genetic makeup of the patients) is responsible for primary symptoms.
It is reported that type-1 diabetes is one of the most widely studied disorders associated with celiac disease. It has been established that the prevalence of celiac disease ranges from 1%-19% amongst type 1 diabetes mellitus patients.
- Favorable government policies across the Western world
- Increasing number of clinical trials for drugs against celiac disease
- Rising awareness for the diseases
- Increasing penetration of therapeutic products in the developing economies
- Limited availability of the treatment options available in the market
- A majority of the treatment options available in the market for celiac disease rely on a gluten-free diet, including gluten-free bakery products, gluten-free baby food, and others. There is no specific drug for the treatment of the disease.
- Underdiagnosis/misdiagnosis of celiac disease
- A majority of the celiac disease cases remain underdiagnosed/misdiagnosed, restricting market growth. It is estimated that approximately 83% of the Americans who have celiac disease are undiagnosed or misdiagnosed with other conditions.
- Gluten-Free Diet segment held the largest market share in the market in 2018. A majority of the patients who have celiac disease rely on gluten-free (in the absence of targeted drugs).
- Vitamin & mineral supplements and enzyme supplement therapy led the market after a gluten-free diet. The market by this segment is estimated to show positive growth during the forecast period.
- The medications segment held the least market share in 2018. The segment’s market value is projected to grow during the forecast period, owing to a developing drug pipeline against the celiac disease.
- Hospitals and clinics: By end-user, hospitals and clinics hold the largest market share. Favorable government policies and rising awareness campaigns across the globe are responsible for increasing the number of patients seeking treatment through primary healthcare facilities, i.e., hospitals and clinics.
- Clinical Research Organizations: A growing segment owing to an increasing number of clinical trials.
- Research & Academic Institutes: Technology advances and research and development collaborations are leading to market growth by this segment.
- Americas: Americas is the largest regional market for celiac treatment. Increasing prevalence of celiac disease and the presence of major market players such as Innovate Biopharmaceuticals Inc. drives the market within the region. The prevalence of celiac disease is estimated to be as high as 4.0% within South Africa.
- Europe: Followed by the Americas, Europe stood second in the global celiac disease treatment market (in 2018). Rising healthcare expenditure and the presence of developed economies drive the European celiac disease treatment market. In 2016, ~USD 5,490.1 was the per capita healthcare expenditure within Europe.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing regional market for celiac disease treatment. Asia-Pacific has the world’s largest population and fast-developing healthcare industry.
- Middle East & Africa: Underdeveloped infrastructural chain of the region makes it very difficult for the manufactures to reach their consumers. Moreover, the presence of stringent government regulations restraints market growth.
- Amgen Inc. (US)
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC (US)
- BioLineRx (Israel)
- Calypso Biotech SA (Switzerland)
- Freedom Foods Group Limited (Australia)
- General Mills, Inc. (US)
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc. (India)
- Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (US)
- Innovate Biopharmaceuticals Inc. (US)
- Kellogg Company (US)
- Mondelez International Inc. (US)
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US)
- Pinnacle Foods, Inc. (US)
- Selecta Biosciences, Inc (US)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd (Japan)
- The Kraft Heinz Company (US)
- West-Ward Pharmaceutical (US)
- Zedira GmbH (Germany)
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US)
USD 661.2 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Treatment and End-User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Amgen Inc. (US), Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC (US), BioLineRx (Israel), Calypso Biotech SA (Switzerland), Freedom Foods Group Limited (Australia), General Mills, Inc. (US), Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc. (India), Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (US), Innovate Biopharmaceuticals Inc. (US), Kellogg Company (US), Mondelez International Inc. (US), Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US), Pinnacle Foods, Inc. (US), Selecta Biosciences, Inc (US), Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd (Japan), The Kraft Heinz Company (US), West-Ward Pharmaceutical (US), Zedira GmbH (Germany), Zydus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US)
Key Market Opportunities
Technology advances and research and development
Key Market Drivers
Increasing number of clinical trials for drugs against celiac diseaseRising awareness for the diseases
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Celiac Disease Treatment Market is projected to grow at an 18.60% CAGR between 2019-2025.
The Americas is expected to dominate the Celiac Disease Treatment Market.
Celiac Disease Treatment Market is predicted to touch USD 661.2 million by 2025.
Hospitals and clinics will lead the Celiac Disease Treatment Market.
Gluten-free diet segment will dominate the Celiac Disease Treatment Market.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.