Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market Forecast
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market is expected to grow from USD 800.87 Million in 2018 to USD 620 Million by 2030 at a CAGR of 4.85%.
Cardiomyopathy medication is extensively used in North America and Europe and is fast becoming mainstream in Asia-Pacific.
A growing geriatric population and changing lifestyle habits are contributing to the increased incidence of cardiomyopathy. It is the third major cause of heart failure in the US and affects five in 100,000 adults in the country.
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market USP
Increase in number of cardiomyopathy cases and need for lifelong medication to manage the condition.
- Increased prevalence of hypertension, congenital heart abnormalities, and valve disease.
- Rising incidence rate among the growing geriatric population .
- Changes in lifestyle.
- Lifelong medication required to manage the condition.
- Preferred alternative to surgery
- Recent product launches for treatment of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis ATTR-CM. For instance, in May 2019, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Vyndaqel (tafamidis meglumine) and Vyndamax (tafamidis) for the treatment of ATTR-CM.
- High costs of cardiomyopathy treatment. The cost can be as high as USD 225,000 per annum per person for uninsured patients.
- Availability of alternative therapies and surgical options.
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market SEGMENTATION
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: The largest segment the causes of dilated cardiomyopathy vary from infections to genetic and birth disorders. As of June 2019, an estimated 750,000 people suffered from dilated cardiomyopathy in the US which contributes to the largest share of this segment. A large section of the geriatric population also has dilated cardiomyopathy, requiring prolonged use of medication, thereby driving market growth.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: The fastest-growing segment. The growth of the segment is driven by the increasing prevalence of diabetes and thyroid diseases across the globe, which are the two main factors for this type of cardiomyopathy.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: Weakening of the valves and valve damage cause restrictive cardiomyopathy. It is crucial to manage this condition with medication to avoid expensive surgeries. This segment shows growth potential due to the critical nature of the condition.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: A relatively rare disorder affecting teens and young adults due to the formation of scar tissue and fatty deposits on the heart muscles; it is one of the leading causes of sudden cardiac arrests in the young section of the population. Lifelong medication is required to manage this condition, which is a driver for the growth of the segment.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Cardiomyopathy due to other causes, is a niche market segment.
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market By Treatment
- Anticoagulants: This type of medication is used widely for the treatment of cardiomyopathy.
- Antiarrhythmics: This medication is used primarily for the treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Anti-Hypertensives: Used in conjunction with other drugs to treat cardiomyopathy, this medication is useful in regulating blood pressure. The segment holds the largest market share, by treatment, owing to the widespread use of anti-hypertensives in the treatment of all types of cardiomyopathy.
- Cardiac Glycosides: These drugs strengthen the heart’s ability to pump blood by acting on the cellular sodium-potassium ATPase pump. Very useful for treating cardiomyopathy, especially arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia.
- Diuretics: Excellent for the treatment of restrictive cardiomyopathy, diuretics help in expelling excess water and salts from the body.
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market By End User
- Homecare: The fastest-growing segment due to the chronic nature of cardiomyopathy and the increasing number of elderly individuals who receive care at home. The growth of the segment can also be attributed to reduced treatment costs as well as the increasing access to medication.
- Hospitals and Clinics: The largest segment, hospitals and clinics are still the primary points for the distribution of cardiomyopathy medication. The presence of several hospitals dedicated to cardiology is another factor driving the growth of the segment.
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market By Region
- Americas: Presently the largest regional market, the prevalence of cardiomyopathy is increasing in the Americas due to a combination of a growing geriatric population, genetics, and environmental factors. Additionally, rising domestic treatment rates backed by reimbursement for drugs in the US are driving market growth in the region.
- Europe: An emphasis on healthy lifestyles and careful medical monitoring ensure fewer cases of cardiomyopathy in Europe as compared to the Americas. However, the prevalence of the disease is rising in the region due to the presence of a large geriatric population.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market owing to the increasing prevalence of conditions that lead to cardiomyopathy such as hypertension and congenital heart disorders. Expansion of cardiomyopathy medication manufacturers in the region and frequent product launches are likely to bolster market growth in the coming years.
- Middle East & Africa: The population in the Middle East & Africa is genetically predisposed to heart disease, including cardiomyopathy, which is driving the growth of the market.
Cardiomyopathy Medication Market Key Players
- Pfizer Inc.
- PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Array Biopharma, Inc.
- Sanofi-Aventis US LLC
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Capricor Therapeutics
- Janssen Products, LP
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Becton And Dickson & Co.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
USD 620 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
By Type, By Treatmen and By End User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Pfizer Inc., PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Array Biopharma, Inc., AstraZeneca, Sanofi-Aventis US LLC, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck & Co., Inc., Capricor Therapeutics, MyoKardia Janssen Products, LP, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,Medtronic Becton And Dickson & Co., Biomerieux, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Key Market Opportunities
Increase in number of cardiomyopathy cases and need for lifelong medication to manage the condition
Key Market Drivers
· Increased prevalence of hypertension, congenital heart abnormalities, and valve disease.
· Rising incidence rate among the growing geriatric population .
· Changes in lifestyle.
· Lifelong medication required to manage the condition
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The cardiomyopathy medication market is projected to grow at a 4.85% CAGR between 2020-2030.
The Americas are predicted to command the highest share in the cardiomyopathy medication market.
The cardiomyopathy medication market is predicted to touch USD 620 million by 2030.
Increasing prevalence of hypertension and recent product launches are boosting market growth.
Availability of alternatives and high cost may restrict market growth.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report