Pune, India, March 2020, MRFR Press Release/- Market Research Future has published a Half-Cooked Research Report on the Global Metal Grating Market.
According to the MRFR analysis, Global Metal Grating Market size was valued at around USD 1,019.9 Million in 2018 and is expected to reach over USD 1,500 Million by the end of 2025 at a CAGR of 5.38%.
The growth of the metal grating market is attributed to the continuous use of grating platforms in several end-use industries. According to the report of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), in 2018, the five largest emerging economies Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, and Mexico in total accounted for three-quarters of the total industrial development with the increase in mass consumption of manufactured goods. These developments of industries infuse the application of grating across the industrial structures, with the application of walkways, ramps, stairways, platforms, safety barriers, and others. Furthermore, the increase in the application of safety grating for preventing cross overs or overhead protection within the plants is expected to further fuel the growth of the metal grating market in the review period. Some of the other primary factors favoring the market growth are increasing adoption of grating across the wastewater treatment and water purification plants coupled with the growing adoption of lightweight and non-corrosive products.
Pricing and Standardization Analysis
In 2018, metal grating globally was priced from USD 826.3 to 831.4 per ton, which is witnessing an upward trend, while the price is expected to rise to USD 1,100 per ton by 2025. The trend is likely to continue during the forecast period owing to fluctuating raw material prices.
The various standards regarding grating, design of platforms, stairways, and railings are expected to favor the demand for metal grating during the review period. Some of the standards are AS 1538, AS 3990(Int) or AS 4100 are design standards for steel, AS 1664 for aluminum by the Standards Australia. Some of the other institutes that provide standards include the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI), American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International.
By Product Type
- Bar Grating: The bar grating segment held the largest market share of over 50% in 2018 and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period, which is attributed to the increasing demand for bar grating in various end-use industries such as wastewater treatment, chemical, food, and other industries. Bar grating consists of individual parallel metal bars that are adjoined by perpendicular bars and form a grate. The bars are usually joined by the welding process depending upon the thickness and material type of the metal bars required for commercial or industrial purposes. Some of the frequently used bar grating materials are galvanized steel, carbon steel, austenitic stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Safety Grating: Safety gratings are used in overheads and crossovers of manufacturing, treatment, and processing industries. Safety gratings are used on the walking surface to improve the traction of the surface and reduce the risk of falls and slips. Safety grating increases the grip of the surface finish, which typically consists of small protrusions diamond shapes. Safety grating, similar to bar grating, have a high percent of open surface allowing better airflow and drainage. The gaps in the grating help to prevent and reduce the liquids or other materials from building up, which could cause slipping hazards. Thus, the application of safety grating is expected to gain major traction for the market in the coming years with an increase in safety regulation for industrial purposes.
By Material Type
- Carbon Steel: The carbon steel segment held the largest market share of over 30% in 2018 and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period, which is attributed to the increasing demand for carbon steel in heavy-duty purpose and in the heavily trafficked area such as airports terminals, parking lots, highways terminal, and others industrial zones. They are used where open flooring is required for the free flow of heat, light, and air.
- Aluminum: It is projected to be one of the fastest-growing segments in the global market during the review period. Aluminum is a lightweight and corrosion-resistant material, which makes it ideal for use in outdoors as well as indoor applications. They are also cost-effective compared to other materials, which are used across mezzanine floors, walkways, stage flooring, pedestrian bridge, and others.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is highly corrosive resistant and extreme temperature resistant which are widely used across industrial and commercial flooring such as catwalks, mezzanines, platforms, ramps, sidewalk, subways, and other gratings.
- Galvanized Steel: Galvanized steel is produced from carbon steel materials that are coated with a protective layer of zinc to avert premature corrosion and rusting, which are prone to inclement moisture, corrosive chemicals, and weather. They are commonly used to make drainage pit covers, bridge flooring, platforms, forklift traffic, walkways, trench covers, ramps, and catwalks among others.
- Others: The other segment consists of mild steel, perforated steel, and others.
Access Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/metal-grating-market-9533
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Industry: This segment is expected to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. The application of galvanized steel in hard water with pH 7.0 – 8.0, 10 °F of calcium, and 10-30 °F TAC, produces a zinc carbonate protective layer. These protective layers prevent corrosion resistance against aggressive agents including sulfates (with 1,200 ppm), nitrates, and chlorides (with 450 ppm). Thus, the metal grating system helps to fight the corrosion and wear of the grating and provides higher durability. Owing to these factors the market is expected to grow in the forecast period.
- Chemical Industry: It is the fastest-growing segment owing to the increase in focus on temperature resistant and corrosion-resistant materials in the sector. The metal gratings are used in stair tread, high load-bearing floors, handrail, skid proof and safe grates.
- Oil & Gas: In the oil & gas industry the grating should be resistant towards exposure to sunlight, corrosive salt water, jarring movements, and high winds. The most commonly used grating materials are stainless steel and galvanized steel, while aluminum for a lighter application.
- Food Industry: Metal grating in the food processing industry is used for Bridge Flooring, trench covers, ramps, platforms, and catwalks. Stainless steel grating is one of the commonly used grating types in the food processing industry.
- Others: The others segment include marine, pulp and paper processing, aerospace, textile, automotive, small scale manufacturing plants, and others.
- North America: Market growth is driven by the demand from the oil & gas and water & wastewater treatment industry.
- Europe: A well-established food processing and chemical market.
- Asia-Pacific: The largest and fastest-growing regional market.
- Latin America: Rapid construction and automobile manufacturing plants are fueling the demand for metal grating in Latin America.
- Middle East & Africa: Growing demand from the oil & gas industries specially oil rigs, and development and investment in infrastructure development of the region is fueling the demand of the metal grating in the region.