Global Type-1 Diabetes Treatment Market is expected to cross USD 9.6 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.9%.
According to the Lancet, type-1 diabetes accounts for 5%–10% of all diabetes cases worldwide. Failure to produce insulin is the cause of this type of diabetes. The onset of the disease may be at a young age or exacerbated by aging and lifestyle, and management requires lifelong medication. Increasing access to medication and rising awareness about the condition are fueling the growth of the market.
Lifelong reliance on medication to manage the condition along with the rising prevalence of the disease.
- Rising prevalence of type-1 diabetes due to environmental and genetic factors
- Growing geriatric population, which is susceptible to type-1 diabetes.
- Increasing prevalence of obesity, which is a contributing factor
- Rising worldwide spending on healthcare
- Growing access to medication worldwide
- Improved diagnostic capabilities ensuring early detection
- Government support for the treatment of type-1 diabetes
- Negative side effects of the medication
- Stringent approvals process that varies from nation to nation
- Rapid-Acting Insulin: The largest and fastest-growing market in this segment. The segment has been further divided into Admelog, Humalog, Novolog, and others.
- Short-Acting Insulin: Effective for 3–6 hours. Further divided into
- Medium-Acting Insulin: Effective for 12–18 hours.
- Long-Acting Insulin: Used for chronic cases and is effective for upwards of 24 hours. The segment has been further divided into Lantus, Levemir, and others.
- Others: Ultra long-term action insulin and inhaled insulin are covered in this segment.
By End User
- Hospitals and Clinics: Expected to be the largest and fastest-growing market during the forecast period.
- Specialty Centers: Catering exclusively to patients suffering from diabetes, these centers are being opened across the globe.
- Others: Treatment at home and at old age homes are covered in this segment.
- Middle East & Africa
- Americas: Expected to be the largest market during the forecast period.
- Europe: A growing market.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing market.
- Middle East & Africa: The smallest market but with a very high number of cases.
- Astellas Pharma (Japan)
- Eli Lilly (US)
- Merck (US)
- Novo Nordisk (Denmark)
- Sanofi (France)
- AstraZeneca (UK)
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany)
- Novartis (Switzerland)
- Pfizer Inc. (US)
- Abbott Laboratories (US)
- Mannkind Corporation (US)
- Braun Melsungen AG (Germany)
- Macrogenics, Inc. (US)
- DiaVacs, Inc. (US)
- Biodel, Inc. (US)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The type-1 diabetes treatment market is projected to grow at a 7.9% CAGR between 2019-2025.
The Americas are predicted to dominate the type-1 diabetes treatment market.
The type-1 diabetes treatment market is predicted to touch USD 9.6 billion by 2025.
Increasing prevalence of type-1 diabetes, rising incidence of obesity, and government support are boosting market growth.
Strict approval process and side effects may restrict market growth.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.