Still Wine Market Analysis
The still wine market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Still wine is a popular type of table wine made from fermented fruit (grape) juice. However, it is free from effervescence or carbon dioxide bubbles and therefore lacks fizziness. The rising consumption of wine as a premium alcoholic beverage is driving market growth. The global still wine market is expected to be worth USD 55.8 billion by the end of the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic greatly affected the global demand for wine. The poor performance of the travel and tourism industry, one of the significant demand-generating industries during the period, led to a decrease in wine sales. Similarly, the closure of hotels and restaurants also led to a huge fall in demand. The market restrictions on end distribution units affected their sales too. Moreover, the travel restrictions also caused disruptions in the supply chain. On the other hand, the production units were also functioning irregularly during the period, causing a great loss to the market.
The growing popularity of wine as an alcoholic and healthy beverage is driving the growth of the global still wine market. Still wine is more popular than sparkling wine and is widely used as a table wine. This wine is known for its flavor, nutrient richness, rejuvenating ingredients, and gentleness. The significant rise in the millennial population (persons above legal drinking age) is also generating higher demand for wine. The improvements in wine production technology and mechanization in wine production have greatly helped to increase the production rate. Additionally, the increasing focus of governments and private agencies on supporting and promoting local wine industries across the globe is helping to strengthen the market. Moreover, the increased area under viticulture and in other fruits and improving post-harvest technology is also highly supportive of the growth of the global still wine market.
The lack of effervescence in still wine makes it a non-preferable choice for people who love fizzy wine. Moreover, the negative perception of society towards wine consumption in many regions is a major hindrance to the growth of the global wine market.
Still wine is a type of table wine produced by fermentation of fresh fruit juices ( grapes) but lacks effervescence (release of carbon dioxide bubbles). Therefore, these wines are not fizzy or bubbly. It is the most popular type of wine. There are three major types of still wine available in the market differentiating in the production process. These are white wine, red wine, and Rose wine. White wine is clear, red wine is red due to the presence of red skin during fermentation, and rose wine lies between them.
Still, wine is mostly made by fermenting grape juice. The production process for still wine and sparkling wine is similar, but in the production of the later type, yeast and sugar culture are added to produce carbon dioxide bubbles that make it fizzy. Still, wine is a rich source of antioxidants and polyphenols and has different health benefits. It helps in improving heart health, skin, digestive system, cognitive functions, and much more.
The specific objectives of this market report on the global still wine market are given below:
- To provide a complete overview of the still wine market.
- To analyze and forecast the global market in terms of value and volume.
- To visualize the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on market growth.
- To project the market dynamics, including the problems and prospects of the market.
- To provide technical details of products for gaining deep knowledge about the market.
- To provide an overview of the regional market and other market segments.
- To give details about the competitive landscape and key market players.
Segmentation, By Type
- White Wine
- Red Wine
- Rosé Wine
Red wine holds the major market share in the global market. There is a high demand for this wine due to its attractive color and richness in antioxidants. Red wine gets its color from the red skin of a variety of grapes, where the skin is allowed to remain with the juices during fermentation. Hence, it has great health benefits and a pleasing appearance. However, the rose wine segment is expected to grow at a considerable rate due to its health benefits.
Segmentation By Distribution Channel
- Specialty stores
The store segment accounts for most of the sales. These stores are in close contact with customers and therefore generate most of the demand. About 90% of the total still wine sales are through offline store-based channels.
The different regional markets for the global still wine market are:
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Rest of the world ( RoW )
Europe accounts for most of the market share and is the leading regional market for still wine. Wine is an integral part of European culture and finds use on every special occasion. France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy have the highest consumption of wine per capita. Moreover, this region is also one of the world's largest wine-producing regions. The European wine market was valued at USD 147 billion in 2020.
North America follows next to Europe in terms of wine consumption. The US wine market was valued at USD 88 billion in 2020. The improved standard of living of people, coupled with the premiumization of wine, is helping in the expansion of the still wine market in this region.
Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing regional market segment. The popularization of wine culture in Asian countries like China, India, Korea, and Japan is fueling the demand for still wine. Moreover, the local wines are also being promoted, which is likely to contribute to market growth. The still wine market is also seeing a good response in Latin America. Other regions, viz., Africa and the Middle East segment, are expected to witness moderate growth over the forecast period.
The major global companies playing a key role in the still wine market are :
- Accolade Wines (Australia)
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (US)
- Miguel Torres SA (Spain)
- The Wine Group (California)
- Diageo (UK)
- Concha y Toro (Chile)
- E&J. Gallo Winery (US)
- Treasury Wine Estates (Australia)
- Castel Group (France)
- Pernod Ricard (France)
- In November 2021, Simpsons, the leading English wine producer, announced the launch of its new ultra-premium still wine range. The duo of world-class wines, 2020 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, are priced at £100 and will only be produced in remarkable years.
- In October 2020, Gancia, a renowned Italian winemaking company, launched its first two easy-to-drink still wine varietals. As per Gancia, the Chianti D.O.C.G. and Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie D.O.C. are perfect expressions of Italian lifestyle celebrations.
This report will be beneficial for every stakeholder in the still wine market, such as:
- Manufacturers of still wine
- Research and Development laboratories
- Traders and suppliers
- Potential Investors
- End users
This report from Market Research Future provides an in-depth analysis of the still wine market. This report covers both qualitative and quantitative aspects of the market, including future projections. Moreover, the technological analysis section of this report gives clear information about the products and processes to help in a better understanding of the market.Wine Market and Table is a Philadelphia-based wine shop and restaurant offering a curated selection of wines and gourmet dishes in a welcoming atmosphere.
Furthermore, this report contains a detailed performance-based analysis of all the market segments. This report has also highlighted the key players and the current developments in the still wine market. Additionally, COVID-19 analysis has also been added to the report to study the impact of the pandemic on the market.
Still Wine Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The growing popularity of wine as an alcoholic and healthy beverage is driving the growth of the Global still wine market.
Europe accounts for most of the market shares and is the leading regional market for still wine for Wine being an integral part of European culture.
Red wine holds the major market share in the global market due to its attractive color and richness in antioxidants.
The major global companies playing a key role in the still wine market are : Accolade Wines (Australia), Constellation Brands, Inc. (US), Miguel Torres SA (Spain), The Wine Group (California), Diageo (UK), Concha y Toro (Chile), E&J. Gallo Winery (US), Treasury Wine Estates (Australia), Castel Group (France), Pernod Ricard (France)
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.