Project Portfolio Management Software Market Scope:
Project Portfolio Management Software Market is expected to expand at 6.3% CAGR during the forecast period, to reach USD 5.9 Billion in 2025.
With the growing complexity of projects and the need to effectively manage them, the demand for project portfolio management software is significantly increasing. A project portfolio manager is responsible for managing the entire project. A project manager foresees the project in order to confirm that the resources for the project are allocated optimally as well as the project is running under the specified budget. With large projects, it becomes highly complicated to manage each element of the project manually and hence the need for automation. Project portfolio management (PPM) software offers features for managing the project throughout its lifecycle. Project portfolio management software helps project managers to effectively manage the entire project lifecycle. Project portfolio management software and tools track the project’s schedule, provide executive-level business insights, help the managers to allocate resources efficiently, resolves performance issues, and efficiently access risks. The software provides data and transparency into the projects for identifying risks, and also for quantifying them. An effective PPM tool helps in tracking the project’s health indicators (such as return on investment) and identify any discrepancies.
The vendors operating in this market offer integrated software suite, toolkits, and services to manage the project lifecycle in terms of resource, budget, and time allocation. For instance, monday.com is an Israel-based software development company that offers project portfolio software, at an affordable cost and can be effectively deployed by small and medium enterprises. The company allows project managers to allocate and prioritize tasks, and track multiple projects using dashboards that provide high-level insights in a graphical format. The platform is completely customizable, so the project manager is able to adjust it in accordance with the workflow. Similarly, Celoxis offers a PPM tool which is a comprehensive software solution and work collaboration platform used by a number of brands such as HBO, Rolex, Virgin Care, Adobe, Staples, LG, and Deloitte. It is an easy-to-use solution and is therefore adopted by enterprises of all sizes.
Project Portfolio Management Software Market Synopsis:
The Global Project Portfolio Management Software Market has been segmented on the basis of Component, Deployment, Organization Size, Vertical, and Region.
- Based on the component, the project portfolio management software market has been segmented into solution and services. The solution segment includes on-premise, cloud/web-based tools that are deployed by enterprises to manage their project effectively. The services segment includes professional services offered by solution providers. These professional services include training, consulting, and maintenance services. The solution segment accounted for the largest share in the overall market in 2018. A large number of verticals are deploying such solutions across the globe, which is driving the market.
- Based on deployment, the project portfolio management software market has been segmented into on-premise and cloud. The on-premise solution accounted for the larger share in 2018; however, the cloud-based solution is expected to grow at the higher CAGR during the forecast period, 2019–2025
- Based on organization size, the project portfolio management software market has been segmented into small & medium enterprises and large enterprises. The small & medium enterprises segment is expected to grow at the higher CAGR during the forecast period, 2019–2025
- Based on vertical, the project portfolio management software market has been segmented into retail and consumer goods, energy & utilities, media and entertainment, healthcare, IT and telecommunication, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, and others. The healthcare segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, 2019–2025
Project Portfolio Management Software Market Regional Analysis:
Geographically, the global project portfolio management software market has been segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and South America.
North America occupies the largest share in the project portfolio management software market. Some of the factors that are responsible for the growth of the market include increasing adoption of such tools by varied vertical, including healthcare and manufacturing and significant investment by multinational companies in several high-profile projects. Moreover, due to the presence of a number of vendors in North America, offering comprehensive solutions to the enterprises, thereby driving the overall market in the region.
Europe occupies the second position in the market. Europe has been segmented into the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and the rest of Europe. According to the MRFR analysis, the UK is expected to gain the highest market share, followed by Germany and France. The growing need for effective project management solutions is the key factor driving the growth of the market in the region.
Project Portfolio Management Software Market Companies Covered:
The Key Players of the Global Project Portfolio Management Software Market are Oracle Corporation (US), Microsoft (US), Planview, Inc. (the US), SAP (Germany), Broadcom (US), Changepoint Corporation (US), Micro Focus (UK), Workfront, Inc. (UK), Sopheon (US), HEXAGON (Sweden), Upland Software, Inc. (the US), Planisware (US), Keyedin Projects (US), One2Team (US), and MEISTERPLAN (Germany).
Project Portfolio Management Software Market Key Developments:
- In November 2016, Planview announced the launch of Projectplace, a next-generation collaborative work management solution for teams
- In November 2019, Broadcom expanded collaboration with Infosys, delivering industry-first innovations to automate business processes, AIOPS, and testing for SAP S/4HANA customers
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
What was the historic market size (2018)?
Which segmentation (component/deployment mode/organization size/vertical) is driving the market?
What will be the growth rate by 2025?
Who are the key players in this market?
What are the strategies adopted by key players?