Pool Tables Market Scenario
Pool Tables Market is projected to reach USD 258.8 Million by 2025 at a CAGR of 3.6% from 2019 to 2025. The market is consolidated with the presence of numerous diversified international and regional players. Olhausen Billiard MFG, Inc., Diamond Billiard Products Inc., Valley Sports L.L.C, Beijing Xingpai Weiye Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. and Valley-Dynamo, Inc. are among the major pool tables industry players. These international players control the market due to their extensive product portfolios, high quality, competitive pricing, and wide market reach. Few manufacturers, such as the US-based Blatt Billiards Corp., offer special handcrafted and custom-made pool tables for household and commercial use. The launch of customized products is expected to drive the growth of the global pool tables market during the forecast period.
Pool tables come in different sizes, such as 9 ft, 8 ft, and 7 ft, depending on the use. For instance, the 9×4.5 ft and 8×4 ft pool tables are approved for tournament play by the World Pool-Billiard Association, which is recognized by the International Olympic Committee. The 7 ft pool tables are widely used in homes and bars. Manufacturers such as Olhausen Billiard MFG, Inc. also offer tailor-made pool tables customized as per the buyers’ needs. The increasing adoption of cue sports and recreational activities are driving pool tables market trends. However, the high prices of pool tables are affecting the pool tables' market growth.
Availability of customized and handcrafted pool tables
- Increasing demand by commercial end-users: The growing popularity of cue sports such as billiards, pool, and snooker for entertainment and leisure has encouraged sports halls, recreational centers, and clubs to install these games for consumers, thus, driving the pool tables market growth.
- Government initiatives to promote the sport
- Large-scale investments by manufacturers in R&D
- High prices of pool tables: The cost of raw materials such as slate, wood, and fabric used for manufacturing pool tables is volatile, affecting the price of the final product. In addition, most manufacturers charge extra for the delivery and assembly of pool tables, which further increase the pool tables costs for the consumer.
- American Pool Tables: American pool tables are 9 ft in length and 4.5 ft in width. They are used to play professional US pool. American pool tables usually require balls that are 2¼ inches in size and thus the pockets on American tables are larger as compared to others. The increasing number of visitors to pool halls, sports clubs, and recreational centers is driving the growth of the segment.
- 7 ft: The common sized pool tables are7 ft and widely used in bars, recreational clubs, and amateur leagues. The increasing adoption of cue sports and leisure activities is driving the growth of this segment.
- Household: The multipurpose use of pool tables such as for dining as well as for storage has raised the demand for customized or handcrafted pool tables for households. The launch of customized products such as pool tables with drawers is expected to drive the growth of the segment. Apart from this, the demand for handcrafted or antique pool tables for home décor is driving market growth.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing regional market for pool tables during the review period. The growth of e-commerce and organized retail chains and the rising popularity of cue sports in countries such as India are fueling the growth of the pool tables market.
- Olhausen Billiard MFG, Inc. (US)
- Diamond Billiard Products Inc. (US)
- Rene Pierre (France)
- Chevillotte (France)
- Brunswick Billiards (US)
- S. Billiard & Pool Table (India)
- Legacy Billiards (US)
- Valley-Dynamo, Inc. (US)
- Blatt Billiards Corp. (US)
- Imperial International (US)
- Gabriels Billiards (Belgium)
- Riley England (UK)
- American Heritage Billiards (US)
- Maestro Nitschke Kozakiewicz General Partnership (Poland)
- Beijing Xingpai Weiye Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. (China)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Pool tables market is projected to grow at a 3.6% CAGR between 2020-2027.
The Asia Pacific is expected to lead the pool tables market.
Pool tables market is predicted to touch USD 258.8 million by 2025.
Commercial segment will lead the pool tables market.
American pool tables will dominate the pool tables market.