Pericardium Diseases Market Overview
The pericardium diseases market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.10% during the forecast period 2022-2030. The pericardium is the double-layered, tough outer layer that encases the heart. It plays an important role in protecting the heart from external harm. Pericardium diseases can broadly be classified as pericarditis and constrictive pericarditis. Pericarditis occurs due to an acute or chronic inflammation of the pericardium. The condition may be caused by a viral, bacterial, or fungal infection, foreign body reaction, tuberculosis, cancer, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and other conditions.
Symptoms include chest pain and shortness of breath, and the patient may also feel feverish. If there is no cause found after a complete medical examination and appropriate tests such as x-rays and C.T. scans are done, then the condition is called idiopathic pericarditis. In the Pericardium Diseases Market, many different companies manufacture artificial tissue membranes these days, and they are commonly used in pelvic floor reconstruction surgery and bariatric stomach reduction.
Almost 30% of pericarditis cases are chronic. A major factor in demand for the market is the prevalence of the condition, so 1 in every 2,000 people might suffer from it. One of the main reasons for the present market growth is the increasing demand for better treatment, high healthcare expenditure, and an increased number of patients suffering from heart diseases. Governments all around the world have paid extra attention to healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic. Patients with this disease can come across fatal conditions. The governments and the healthcare system have put in extra care for these patients.
The increased prevalence of cardiovascular disorders is the major driver for the growth of the pericardium diseases market. Cardiovascular disorders have grown tremendously over the last decade due to increased risk factors such as obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol levels, etc. Moreover, the incidence rate has decreased marginally in recent years due to improved healthcare infrastructure and better awareness about lifestyle modifications for preventing heart diseases.
However, on the other hand, many people have not adopted healthy habits, which is why pericardium disease cases are still high. The major drivers of the market are an increase in global prevalence, high incidence rates, and early detection options. Moreover, the increasing number of patients with pericardial diseases will boost the demand for pericardial products.
The availability of high-quality, cost-effective diagnostic tests for pericardial diseases is expected to drive growth in the market during the forecast period. In patients with symptoms suggestive of pericarditis, echocardiography provides a noninvasive tool for diagnosing acute pericarditis from other etiologies.
Almost 10 million people worldwide are afflicted with pericarditis. The latest research shows that dual therapy is the future of treatment for the condition. With aspirin as monotherapy, this figure would grow to around 300 million people.
For a company to succeed in it, they need a knowledgeable team of experts, the latest research on the diseases their products are targeting, and a clear understanding of their target customer’s needs. But for some companies, these challenges are too much to overcome.
- Cumulative Growth Analysis:
Various factors will influence the market growth, such as a rise in awareness about cardiac diseases, an increase in chronic renal disease and cancer cases, and the growing adoption of pericardial procedures.
The global market for pericardium diseases is expected to exhibit an impressive growth rate during the forecast period. The major drivers for this trend would be an increase in awareness about cardiovascular diseases, a rise in the number of chronic renal patients and cancer patients, and increasing adoption rates of pericardial procedures.
- On the Basis of Types: The Pericardium Diseases market is segmented into various conditions- pericarditis, hemopericardium, pericarditis, tuberculous pericarditis, and other different conditions.
- On the Basis of End Users: The global Pericardium Diseases market is segmented into hospitals & clinics, ambulatory centers, and others. Hospitals & clinics accounted for the largest share of the market in the past years, followed by ambulatory centers.
- On the Basis of Treatment: The Pericardium Diseases market is divided into diagnostic test providers and treatment specialists. Diagnostic tests are further split into physical examination specialists, EKG specialists, chest X-ray experts, echocardiography experts, cardiac C.T. experts, etc.
In the Americas, most of the pericardium diseases market share can be attributed to patient population size, well-developed technology, and increased government support. The heart diseases market in the Americas is on the rise due to increasing healthcare costs and changing lifestyles. The region has major players poised to support this growth, which is a critical time for anyone considering a move into this market. The pericardium diseases market in Europe is the second largest, following the Asia Pacific. Strong government support and investment in research & development have given the market growth.
Germany and the U.K. are leading contributors to this market. However, it is expected that the Asia Pacific region will grow fastest, thanks to its growing economy and prevalence of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. On the other hand, the Middle East & Africa hold the least share of the market due to poor political conditions in Africa and the limited availability of funds and medical facilities.
Value Chain Analysis
The Value Chain Analysis of the Pericardium Diseases Market is a holistic evaluation of how the market functions. The three main segments in this market include providers, intermediaries, and demanders. Providers of the pericardium diseases market are medical institutions, hospitals, and clinics. Intermediaries are medical laboratories, suppliers, wholesalers, or distributors. Demanders are patients who need treatment for pericardium diseases or people who want to develop their knowledge.
The prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and acute pericarditis is increasing across the globe, which has triggered an upsurge in demand for pericardial diseases drugs and other products such as surgical instruments and devices around the world.
The key players of Pericardium Diseases market are:
- Smith and Nephew
- Teva Pharmaceutical
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Novartis AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Abbott Laboratories
- Johnson & Johnson Services
- R. Bard IncAllergan
- Integra Lifesciences
- Zimmer Biomet
- The global pericarditis drugs market has seen a lot of investment recently. This is due to the improved research in cardiac treatments that leads to investments in this usually small market.
- A lot of research and development in cardiovascular healthcare has been happening and is expected to generate growth for the industry. This means there has been a rise in demand for drugs and an increase in sector-specific opportunities.
- One would be interested in witnessing how healthcare could affect the global pericarditis drug market. The net value of the worldwide pericarditis drugs market is forecasted to touch new heights in the years to come.
- Medicine can now successfully manage pains, and this has helped drive the growth of pericarditis drugs. Demand and supply in the global pericarditis drugs market are also favorable.
- New types of test grafts are being developed with cutting-edge dCELL technology. This is expected to create space for the growth of the market.
- Government funding in research and development, which includes emerging economies like India and China, helps to contribute to market growth.
This is a market research report on the Pericardium Diseases market. It provides an in-depth analysis of the global market size along with insights into various segments within it.
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
2030: Significant Value
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Types, treatment, and end users
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Increasing prevalence of pericarditis across the globe
Key Market Opportunities
· High healthcare expenditure
· Increasing demand for the better treatment
Key Market Drivers
Increasing prevalence of pericarditis across the globe
Pericardium Diseases Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The pericardium diseases market CAGR during the forecast period would be 8.10%.
The largest pericardium diseases market is the Americas.
The fastest-growing pericardium diseases market would be Asia Pacific.
End users included in the pericardium diseases market report are ambulatory centers, hospital & clinics, and others.
The pericardium diseases market players are Teva Pharmaceutical (Israel), Smith and Nephew (U.K), Novartis AG (Switzerland), GlaxoSmithKline Plc. (U.K), Arthrex, Inc.(U.S.), Eli Lilly and Company (U.S.), Edwards Lifesciences (U.S.), Medtronic (U.K), Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (U.S.), Abbott Laboratories (U.S.), Allergan (U.S.), C.R. Bard Inc (U.S.), Livanova (U.K), Integra Lifesciences (U.S.), and Zimmer Biomet (U.S.).
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.