Indoor Farming Robots Market Overview
The Indoor Farming Robots Market is expected to reach a value of USD 358.5 Million and is predicted to exhibit a 22.53 % CAGR by Forecast 2027.
Growing crops or plants indoors on a large or small scale is called Indoor farming. It includes two methods as hydroponics & aquaponics and for adequate nutrient and light levels, they use artificial lighting. Indoor farming robots are used for farmers in various ways like plant inspection, harvesting, seeding, and consist of 3D cameras which can scan modules and gather the information that helps in performing particular operations.
These robots are also used in holding, tightening, controlling, and releasing objects and also functions similar to the human hand. Additionally, AI-based robots can detect diseases and pests in plants and helps improve crop quality. Due to the high demand for food and the emergence of vertical farming, indoor farming robots are driving the market.
Due to the increase in the prevalence of COVID-19 across the globe, the government has implemented strong regulations and lockdowns to control the spread of the virus. Even though all the business sectors are going on losses, the indoor farming robots are positively impacted by the COVID-19 impact for the rising demand for food and for helping the people who are impacted by COVID-19 to maintain the social distance between the people.
Farming robots are helping the farmers in many ways like during the shortage of labor, robots are used in holding, controlling, tightening, and releasing objects just like the human hands. Due to this pandemic situation, the agriculture industries are investing a lot in introducing advanced technologies by using artificial intelligence (AI), and automation that need less human involvement. Due to less requirement of labor and human involvement which reduces the risk of virus, the demand for robots is increased even after lockdown. According to the International Labor Organization (ILO) report in 2014, agricultural laborers of the workforce are declined in developing countries from 81% to 48.2% and in developed ones from 35% to 4.2%.
Indoor Farming Robots Market Dynamics:
The population is growing, and the arable lands are decreasing. The rising population rises the demand for food which increases the growth of the Indoor Farming Robots Market. Growing applications of robotics in the agriculture sector may allow increasing market growth. By raising the demand for fruits, vegetables, and grains substantiate the growth of the Indoor Farming Robots Market.
Shortage of farm labor and growing demand for farm robots with 3D cameras which can scan the collected data and analyze information are propelling the market growth and also improves specific operations. Growing demand for organic foods across the globe is the other major factor that drives the indoor farming robots market growth. IoT devices connected with farm management software are helping the farmers in several ways such as analyze data on weather, temperature, moisture, accounting, improves planning, optimizing yield, and make smarter decisions to increase productivity.
Implementing and manufacturing indoor farming robots is very expensive. Lack of adequate bandwidth of internet connectivity is the other factor that hampers the Indoor Farming Robots Market growth. And skilled professionals are needed for implementing robotics which is restraining the growth of the market. Most of the agricultural robots are not reached maturity regarding technology is hampering the growth of the market.
The adoption of agricultural robots for surveillance is one of the best opportunities to grow the demand for indoor farming robots. Introducing new agricultural technologies and the maturity of existing agricultural technologies are the major opportunities to grow the Indoor Farming Robots Market demand. Investment in multimodal systems is expected to increase the demand for the market.
Lack of awareness regarding agricultural robots is a major challenge to the market. Moreover, the initial purchase and maintenance of these robots along with the lack of regulatory uniformity are posing challenges for the indoor farming robots market.
Indoor Farming Robots Market Segment Overview:
The global indoor farming robots market has been divided into segments based on type, automation, application, and region.
Indoor Farming Robots Type Insights
The global agriculture robots market based on type is divided into robot gripper, cutting robot, robotic fodder, material handling robot, incubators, monitoring drones, and others. Among them, monitoring drones is expected to hold the largest market share for their extended benefits like drones are inexpensive agricultural robots, can be used in different sizes of farms even in the field smaller than 50 hectares, modern farming, etc. These UAVs or drones are used for livestock management, soil and crop field analysis, and pesticide spraying.
Indoor Farming Robots Automation Insights
The global robotic indoor farming based on automation is classified into semi-autonomous and fully autonomous.
Indoor Farming Robots Application Insights
The global robotic farming based on the application is bifurcated into fruits & vegetables, and floriculture.
Indoor Farming Robots Region Insights
Regionally, the global indoor farming robots market is divided into Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, and the rest of the world. Due to the rising penetration of automated farm equipment and associated software, America is projected to account for the largest share of the agriculture robots market.
The global indoor farming robots market is classified into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and the rest of the world. Among them, Europe holds the largest market share in 2019 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 21.43% during the forecast period. The limited availability of suitable land for growing crops and the high availability of areas under indoor farming are the factors that increase the demand for the indoor market in this region.
The rising adoption of indoor vertical farming and growing demand for organic food across the globe are increasing the growth in this region. Moreover, introducing new technologies in the indoor farming field is accelerating the growth of the robotic farming market in this region. Asia-Pacific dominates the indoor farming robots market share for its high adaptability of consumers for new technology, commercial use of drones, and growing utilization of farming mechanization in the agriculture industry.
Indoor Farming Robots Market Key Player & Competitive Landscape
The prominent key players in the indoor farming robots market trends are the following:
- OnRobot (Denmark)
- Visser Horti Systems BV (Netherlands)
- Javo (Netherlands)
- Root AI (U.S)
- Iron-ox (U.S)
- FarmBot Inc.(U.S)
- Metomotion (Israel)
- Harvest Automation(U.S)
Indoor Farming Robots Industry Developments
- Jan 18, 2024- Secured $50 million Series C funding to expand its autonomous vertical farming systems.
- Dec 6, 2023- Partnered with Walmart to supply leafy greens grown in its indoor vertical farms.
- Feb 7, 2024- Launched its 4th generation robot for automated transplanting and harvesting in greenhouses.
- Jan 25, 2024- Unveiled a new "Genesis XL" model with expanded capacity and advanced functionality.
- Nov 15, 2023- Developed an AI-powered robot for fruit thinning and harvesting in apple orchards.
This global indoor farming robots market research includes the Market Overview, COVID-19 analysis, Market Dynamics, Study Objectives, Segment Overview, Regional Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Recent developments, Segmentation Table, and FAQs. The market scenario includes the indoor farming robots market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. The indoor farming robots market forecast segments are types, automation, application, and region.
Indoor Farming Robots Market Segmentation
The indoor farming robots market outlook has been segmented globally based on the type, automation, application, and region.
Indoor Farming Robots Type Outlook
- Robotic fodder
- Material handling robot
- Cutting robots
- Monitoring drones
- Robot gripper
Indoor Farming Robots Automation Outlook
- Fully autonomous.
Indoor Farming Robots Application Outlook
- Fruits & vegetables
Indoor Farming Robots Region Outlook
- North America
- South America
- The Middle East & Africa
- To provide detailed information about the indoor farming robots market structure along with various forecast segments and sub-segments for the next 10 years.
- To provide the factors that are affecting the growth of the indoor farming robots market value.
- To analyze the indoor farming robots market industry analysis based on porter’s five force analysis, factors-price analysis, supply chain analysis, etc.
- To provide history and forecast revenue segments and sub-segments of the indoor farming robots market revenue for the five main geographies.
- To provide the country-level analysis of the current indoor farming robots market size and future prospective.
- To provide country-level analysis of the indoor farming robots industry growth by region, form, and application.
- To provide a strategic profile of the prominent key players in the market, analyze their core competencies, and draw a global indoor farming robots market growth landscape.
- To track and analyze new product developments, strategic alliances, and global indoor farming robots market research.
|Market Size 2027
|USD 358.5 Million
|Market Forecast Units
|Value (USD Million)
|Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
|Type, Automation, Application
|North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
|OnRobot (Denmark), Visser Horti Systems BV (Netherlands), Javo (Netherlands), Root AI (U.S.), Iron-Ox (U.S.), FarmBot Inc. (U.S.), Metomotion (Israel), FodderWorks (U.S.), Harvest Automation (U.S.)
|Key Market Opportunities
AI-based robots help to improve crop quality and detect diseases and pests in plants.
The agriculture industry is investing significantly in discovering new ways to increase agricultural production by using artificial intelligence (AI) and automation.
|Key Market Drivers
The massive demand for food and emergence of vertical farming.
Increasing demand for food.
Indoor Farming Robots Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The global indoor farming robots market is poised to register a market value of USD 358.5 million.
The indoor farming robot market was valued at USD 89.7 million in 2018.
There are two types of automated indoor farming robots – semi-automated and fully automated, wherein the semi-automated type is driving the market growth.
The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of approximately 21.43% over the review period (2019-2025).
A few of the significant market players operating in the global indoor farming robots market are BV(Netherlands), FodderWorks(US), Harvest Automation(US), Javo(Netherlands), FarmBot Inc.(US), and Metomotion(Israel) among others.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.