Global Fiber Cement Board Market is expected to cross USD 2,263.0 Million by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.4%.
Fiber cement board is an improvement on the gypsum board used in construction. Unlike core gypsum products, fiber cement board offers long-term performance as it is resistant to mildew, which degrades structural integrity. It is also resistant to fire and biological agents such as termites. Once installed, fiber cement board requires little maintenance which considerably adds to its market value.
Easy installation and utility in residential and non-residential construction of fiber cement board market are driving market growth. Its excellent characteristics, when compared to the alternatives and growth of the global construction industry, are also expected to fuel demand for fiber cement board.
However, the application of fiber cement board is limited due to their narrowness. It is very difficult to make fiber cement boards thick as it increases their brittleness.
Excellent long-term performance with ease of installation.
- High resilience and structural integrity
- Rapidly expanding construction industry
- Excellent applicability in moisture-rich environments
- Supporting government regulations and initiatives for the use of fiber cement board over alternatives.
- Environmental impact of manufacturing fiber cement boards.
- Application limited by weight and thickness
- Need for professional installation
By Raw Material
- Portland Cement: The larger segment, Portland cement is the most widely used variety of cement for the manufacture fiber cement boards, especially for the construction industry.
- Silica: A niche market segment, silica fiber boards offer benefits such as higher strength and durability than Portland fiber cement boards; they also have a smaller molecular size. However, these boards are more expensive than Portland fiber cement boards, which is limiting the growth of the segment.
- Low-Density Fiber Cement Board: Used for applications such as interior ceilings and partitions, they are inexpensive but offer limited sound and thermal insulation. Ideal for low stress decorative purposes.
- Medium-Density Fiber Cement Board: This type of fiber cement board finds application in external sliding and floor decks. This density offers an ideal blend of practicality and aesthetics.
- High-Density Fiber Cement Board: The largest segment as high-density fiber cement boards offer unparalleled insulation and water and weather resistance. Ideal for applications in regions with sub-zero temperatures.
- Residential Buildings: Fiber cement boards find widespread application in the construction of residential buildings due to their superior quality, especially in North America and Europe.
- Non-Residential Buildings: The larger segment due to the larger share of non-residential buildings in the construction industry. The industry also employs semi-skilled labor to install fiber cement boards. Moreover, in commercial structures, the utility of fiber cement boards increases drastically due to the overall insulation and resistance they offer.
- North America: North America has one of the largest and most advanced construction industries in the world. There is a high demand for fiber cement boards due to local manufacturing, government support, and the presence of a skilled labor force for installation. These factors serve to drive the growth of the market in the region.
- Europe: Currently the largest regional market, the demand for fiber cement board is high in Europe, especially in the construction of residential buildings. The excellent weather resistance and thermal insulation properties of fiber cement board are driving the growth of the regional market.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific has the largest market for fiber cement board and is the largest producer of cement. These factors serve to ensure the growth of the regional market for fiber cement board due to the easy availability and low cost of raw materials.
- Middle East & Africa: Rapid urbanization in Africa and industrialization in the Middle East are driving the growth of the market in the region due to an increase in the construction of buildings and industries that utilize fiber cement boards.
- South America: A small market, South America is experiencing a construction boom, which is expected to drive the growth of the fiber cement board market.
- James Hardie Europe GmbH (Australia)
- Etex (Belgium)
- Cembrit Holding A/S (Denmark)
- SHERA (Thailand)
- Soben International (Asia Pacific) Ltd (Hong Kong)
- SCG (Thailand)
- Biele Group (Spain)
- LATONIT (Russia)
- NICHIHA (Japan)
- Everest Industries (India)
- Toray Industries Inc. (Japan)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Fiber cement board market is projected to grow at a 7.4% CAGR between 2019-2025.
Fiber cement board market is predicted to touch USD 2,263.0 million by 2025.
North America is expected to dominate the fiber cement board market.
The residential application will lead the fiber cement board market.
Easy installation and excellent characteristics are the key factors driving the fiber cement board market.