Denim Fabrics Market Overview
Denim Fabrics Market is projected to be worth USD 30.14 Billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 4.74% during the forecast period (2021 - 2028)., The market was valued at USD 21.55 Billion in 2020.
Denim fabric is a durable twill-woven fabric with colored wrap and white filling thread. Denim fabric is either 100% based cotton or 85% based cotton with a mixture of polyester or nylon. Cotton denim is either woven on a shuttle loom or a projectile loom. The most popular selvedge denim is woven on the shuttle loom. The major denim fabrics used are selvedge denim, bubble gum or spandex denim, and colored denim. Moreover, denim offers comfortable, lighter, and colorful fabric, which is highly preferred in clothing, accessories, and upholstery applications.
Some of the popular by the trade names for Denim Fabrics are KG DENIM, Kaihara Denim, Kurabo Denim, Matesa Textiles, Çalık Holding, and LNJ DENIM.
The growth of the denim fabric market is primarily driven by changing lifestyles owing to the growing population and rise in per capita disposable income. The global denim garments market was valued at USD 4.3 billion in 2018 and is projected to grow with a CAGR of about 3.2% during the forecast period. The growth of the denim garment industry is driven by the increased use of stretchable jeans among the young population and online retail discounts. Moreover, rapid urbanization in developing countries such as China, India, Brazil, Malaysia, the Philippines, and South Africa are expected to drive the growth of the denim fabric market during the forecast period. Considering the popularity of denim garments, the increasing demand for denim fabric is projected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Though denim fabrics offer several advantages over polyester jeans, a 100% cotton blend is expensive compared to spandex and polyester jeans. Moreover, 100% cotton denim fabric is more difficult to weave. This, along with the risks associated with cotton farming are expected to hamper the growth of the denim fabric market during the forecast period.
- KURABO INDUSTRIES LTD (Japan)
- UNITIN-INDUSTRIAS MORERA SA (Spain)
- LNJ Denim (India)
- KAIHARA Corporation (Switzerland)
- Kuzgunlar Textile (Turkey)
- NASEL TEXTILE (Turkey)
- Xingtai H & J Textiles Co Ltd (China)
- KILIM GROUP (Turkey)
- ADM Denim (Pakistan)
- KUROKI CO. LTD (Japan)
- ISKO (Italy)
- PT Tyfountex (Indonesia)
- Arvind Mills (India)
- Mount Vernon (US)
In 2019, the global average price for denim fabric ranged between approximately USD 8.5 and USD 9.4 per meter. The price of denim fabric was fluctuating between 2014 and 2018, primarily due to the fluctuation in raw material prices such as cotton. Furthermore, the continuous use of pesticides and water for irrigation in cotton farming is also expected to have a negative impact on the product prices of denim fabric.
- Booming denim apparel industry particularly in countries such as the US, Japan, Turkey, Italy, and India
- Socio-economic trends such as economic growth, increasing per capita disposable income, changing lifestyle, urbanization, and population growth
- Increasing demand for stretchable denim fabric owing to durability, stretch and high elastic recovery
- Volatile prices of cotton and environmental risk associated with the cotton farming
- Selvedge Denim: This type of denim is the most popular denim owing to a natural and clean edge look, which helps the fabric from untangling. This denim fabric is referred to as colored lines that are often seen on the out-stream of the denim fabric. The growing demand for high quality, durable, and unique fabrics is expected to drive the growth of this segment in the global market.
- Raw or Dry Denim: This denim fabric is known as unsanforized denim or undyed denim fabric. It offers reduced cluster and is more durable compared to other fabrics as it achieves more value for each piece as the color fades over time.
- Colored Denim: This denim fabric is dyed in green, mustard, orange, pink, white, and black as per the demand of customers.
- Organic Denim: This denim fabric is 100% cotton, which is organically grown. In other words, organic denim is a handloom without any chemicals. The shifting preference for organic denim fabrics being non-allergic is likely to boost denim fabric demand.
- Denim from Fox Fiber: Fox fiber is naturally colored organically grown cotton. Denim fabric based on fox fiber is most expensive and mostly found in the US.
- Crushed Denim: This denim fabric has a textured effect, which is woven with twist-weft yarn.
- Vintage Denim: It is woven by using a heavy stone wash with bleach to give the fabric an old or vintage look.
- Ecru Denim: This denim fabric is un-dyed denim having natural color grey yarn in wrap and weft. This fabric is used in shorts, skirts, and jeans
- Bubble Gum Denim: This denim fabric is acid-washed denim with a small white color area pattern on denim fabric.
- Reverse Denim: Reverse side denim has both face side and reverse side look alike. This kind of fabric is used in making backpacks and tote bags.
- Others: This type of denim fabric includes thermo denim, slub denim, and ramie cotton denim.
- Clothing: The clothing segment is expected to be the largest and the fastest-growing segment accounting for more than 70% of the global denim fabric market in 2019. The high growth of the segment is attributed to rapid urbanization, increasing population, and changing lifestyles coupled with increasing per capita disposable income. In the clothing industry, the denim fabric is used in jeans, shirts, pants, shoes, and trousers.
- Accessories: Some of the key applications of denim fabric under the accessories segment include bags, handbags, belts, and caps, among others. The increasing demand for luxury accessories and durable handbags among the working population is fueling the demand for denim fabric.
- Homeware: The growing residential construction with modern furniture and interior design and increasing investment on home décor is augmenting the growth of the segment.
- Others: The others segment include seat covers, lampshades, and photo frames.
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America: The region is expected to significant growth during the forecast period, primarily driven by the increasing residential construction activity in the US is leading to an increased demand for home décor materials. In 2018, the residential construction segment accounted for a 43% market share in 2018 and witnessing a growth of 7% as compared to 2017. The shifting preference for modern denim fabric arts in draperies or curtains is likely to drive the market growth.
- Europe: Lead by Germany, the UK, Spain, and Italy, the European denim fabric market is expected to register considerable growth during the review period. In addition, the increasing investments for high-quality denim fabrics in accessories are likely to propel the growth of the denim fabric market.
- Asia-Pacific: The region accounted for the largest share of about 30% in 2019 and is projected to register the highest CAGR of 4% during the review period. The high demand for the product in the market can be primarily attributed to the increasing investments in the clothing industry in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia. China is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period owing to robust economic growth and urbanization. The textile & apparel industry in India is expected to witness a double-digit growth driven by increased government investment in advanced textiles, growing preference for luxury brands, and changing lifestyles.
- Latin America: The steady economic growth in the key Latin American countries, namely, Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina and the increasing investment in textured polyester dyes denim fabric for upholstery applications is expected to boost the growth of the market in the region.
- Middle East & Africa: The booming apparel industry in the GCC and Turkey is expected to fuel the denim fabric market during the forecast period.
2028: USD 30.14 Billion
4.74% CAGR (2020-2028))
Value (USD Billion)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
By Type, By Application
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
KURABO INDUSTRIES LTD (Japan), UNITIN-INDUSTRIAS, MORERA SA (Spain), LNJ Denim (India), KAIHARA Corporation (Switzerland), Kuzgunlar Textile (Turkey), NASEL TEXTILE (Turkey), Xingtai H & J Textiles Co Ltd (China), KILIM GROUP (Turkey), ADM, Denim (Pakistan), KUROKI CO. LTD (Japan), ISKO (Italy)
PT Tyfountex (Indonesia), Arvind Mills (India), Mount Vernon (US)
Key Market Opportunities
The growth of the global denim fabric market during the forecast period. Considering the popularity of denim garments, The increasing demand for denim fabric is projected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Key Market Drivers
Booming denim apparel industry particularly in countries such as the US, Japan, Turkey, Italy, and India\r\nSocio-economic trends such as economic growth, increasing per capita disposable income, changing lifestyle, urbanization, and population growth\r\nIncreasing demand for stretchable denim fabric owing to durability, stretch and high elastic recovery
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
enim Fabrics Market is projected to be worth USD 30.14 Billion by 2028.
Global denim fabrics market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 4.74% by the end of 2028.
The changing lifestyle due to the increasing disposable income, along with the rising population is likely to be the most significant factor driving the global denim fabrics market.
The volatile prices of cotton and environmental risk is likely to hamper the global denim fabrics market.
KURABO INDUSTRIES LTD (Japan), NASEL TEXTILE (Turkey), LNJ Denim (India), and ISKO (Italy) are some of the eminent players of the global denim fabrics market.