Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Request a Free Sample
Conductive Silicone Rubber Market
Conductive Silicone Rubber Market is projected to be worth USD 8 Billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2027)
According to MRFR analysis, the Conductive Silicone Rubber Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 7% to reach a value of nearly USD 8 Billion.
Conductive rubber is a generic term referring to any rubber material with conductive properties, which reduces or eliminates the EMI/RFI (electromagnetic interference and radio frequency interference) “noise” that is often associated with electronics. Conductive silicone rubber exhibits high flexibility, strong elasticity, and improved mechanical properties along with excellent electrical and thermal conductivity. Moreover, it is resistant to cold, heat, and other unfavorable weather conditions.
The prime factor driving the growth of the global conductive silicone rubber market is its widespread use in the automotive & transportation industry in the manufacturing of engine bay components, wiring harness, sealants, gaskets, connectors, and spark plugs. The increasing adoption of lightweight automobiles across the globe to increase fuel efficiency and reduce the environmental impact is fueling the demand for conductive silicone rubber. Moreover, the use of conductive silicone rubber in the electrical & electronics industry to manufacture wires & cables, lamps & lighting, and EMI shielding gaskets is another major driver of the global conductive silicone rubber. EMI gaskets are a newer addition to the EMI shielding family that offers potent protection from higher strength radiofrequency. They prevent the leakage of EMI into or out of the seams and gaps of enclosures.
The extensive use of heavy machinery across major end-use industries such as packaging, stamping & casting, oil & gas, and others is expected to further propel the market growth. In the oil & gas industry, conductive silicone rubber is used as thermal management material and in the manufacturing of rings, seals, gaskets, and coupling materials for packaging applications.
The demand for conductive silicone rubber is increasing on account of its extensive use in the automotive and transportation industry. The increasing adoption of lightweight vehicles due to the increased fuel efficiency as well as stringent government regulations has resulted in the growth of the global conductive silicone rubber market.
The product is widely used in electronic devices to reduce the EMI/RFI noise, thereby protecting the devices.
Manufacturers need to meet all the requirements to manufacture certain products. In regards with the manufacturing of silicone rubber, a manufacturer has to comply with certain regulations such as the Restriction of Use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), the Dodd-Frank Act, and the US government’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
The production of soot during vulcanization of synthetic rubber is a factor negatively impacting the market growth. It consists of fine black particles, mainly composed of carbon, produced by incomplete combustion of coal, oil, wood, and other fuels. Soot comprises acids, chemicals, metals, soils, and dust. Soot particles are extremely tiny, with a diameter of approximately 2.5 micrometers or smaller. Compounds of soot such as sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide combine with the moisture, resulting in the formation of acid rain. This worsens the water quality, damages soil, and crops, and changes the nutrient balance in the ecosystem as well as results in nitrogen pollution.
According to the Clean Air Act, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is required to routinely adjust their allowable limits for soot emissions. The current limit for soot emission is 15 μg/m3, but EPA proposes to change it to between 12 and 13 by 2020.
Furthermore, several regulatory bodies such as the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP), and the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) have imposed strict policies regarding the use of hazardous chemicals and disposal of polluted wastewater from rubber processing.
High demand for lightweight automobiles & other transportation mediums
- Increasing production and sale of lightweight automobiles
- Growth of the electrical & electronics industry across the globe
- Fluctuating raw material prices
- Stringent regulations associated with rubber production and processing
- Electrically Conductive: Electrically conductive silicone has very high-temperature resistance and is completely UV stable. It is highly resistant to ozone effects and extreme weather conditions, as well as maintains its flexibility over a wide temperature range.
- Thermally Conductive: Thermally conductive silicone is also known as electronic silicone. It exhibits good thermal conductivity and insulation to improve the reliability of sensitive circuits and components, thereby prolonging their service life. It also provides high resistance to weather, heat, and chemical.
- Automotive & Transportation: The increasing production and sale of light weight automobiles on account of the stringent regulations in line with the vehicular emission are likely to drive the product demand. The total automobile production in 2018 stood at 95.6 million. With the increasing disposable income and the changing lifestyle trend, automotive production is bound to increase, which in turn, is expected to drive the demand for conductive silicone rubber in the coming years. Onboard GPS navigation systems, Bluetooth capabilities, touchscreen systems, and hands-free features have delivered a new level of driver convenience, while also creating more challenges related to unwanted electromagnetic interference.
- Electrical & Electronics: The electrical & electronics segment is projected to witness significant demand for conductive silicone rubber owing to its use in wires & cables, lamps & lighting, and EMI shielding gaskets. It is being used in various electrical & electronics components, which are further used in surgical units, military assets, aerospace, and appliances, among others.
- Industrial Machines: It is being widely used in machinery that find use in the packaging, stamping & casting, and oil & gas industries. Rapid industrialization across the globe has resulted in an increase in the demand for the product. For instance, the increasing adoption of anti-static packaging for dust control during electric charge is propelling the market growth during the review period.
- Others: The other segment includes construction, food & beverage, mining, solar, and medical industries. The increasing investments in public and private construction worldwide have resulted in a high demand for conductive silicone rubber.
- North America: The growth of the North American market for conductive silicone rubber is driven by the expanding base of the industrial sector in the region. The growing automobile industry with the presence of stringent environmental regulations is the major factors driving the regional market growth.
- Europe: Europe is expected to be the largest regional market for conductive silicone rubber. This is due to the growth of the automotive, electrical & electronics, and industrial sectors in the region. The major contributors to the market growth include Germany, the UK, France, and Russia.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing regional market on account of rapid industrialization and urbanization in the region. The growth potential in emerging economies such as India, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, and others is expected to contribute to the regional market growth.
- Middle East & Africa: The presence of large oil & gas reserves as well as infrastructural hub in the region is key factor driving the demand for conductive silicone rubber.
- Latin America: The Latin American market is projected to witness a high demand for conductive silicone rubber due to the expanding growth of the industrial sector.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- KCC CORPORATION
- Specialty Silicone Products, Inc.
- Simolex Rubber Corporation
- WESTERN POLYRUB INDIA PVT. LTD.
- The Rubber Company
- Creative Elastomers
· 2027: USD 8 Billion
· 2030 : Significant value
2022 to 2030
2019 & 2020
Value (USD Billion)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Product, Application and End-Use
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Wacker Chemie AG, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., Saint-Gobain, Dow, KCC CORPORATION, Specialty Silicone Products, Inc., Simolex Rubber Corporation, WESTERN POLYRUB INDIA PVT. LTD., The Rubber Company, Creative Elastomers
Key Market Opportunities
Fluctuating raw material prices
Key Market Drivers
· Increasing production and sale of lightweight automobiles.
· Growth of the electrical & electronics industry across the globe
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
conductive silicone rubber market is projected to grow at approximately 7% CAGR during the assessment period (2019-2025).
conductive silicone rubber market is estimated to reach a valuation of approx. USD 8 BN by the end of 2025.
Automotive & transportation is the largest end-use industry in the global conductive silicone rubber market.
North America holds the largest share in the global conductive silicone rubber market, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific, respectively.
Wacker Chemie AG, Dow, Saint-Gobain, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., The Rubber Company, KCC Corporation, Simolex Rubber Corporation, Specialty Silicone Products, Inc., Western Polyrub India Pvt. Ltd., and Creative Elastomers, are some of the top players operating in the global Conductive silicone rubber market.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report