Global Chromatography Software Market Overview
The chromatography software market is expected to cross USD 15,330 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 8.1%. Chromatography software is the gadget that allows for chromatography-based analysis. This software system organizes and manages data from chromatography instruments, records and processes it, and generates chromatograms and reports. The growing demand for the applications of chromatography in different fields and the surge in the utilization of chromatography techniques in R&D activities across various industries, such as the pharmaceutical industry, is driving the market's growth.
The rising prevalence of COVID-19 is projected to influence chromatography software market growth over the forecast period. The COVID-19 pandemic has been beneficial to the need for chromatography software and has positively impacted market growth. This is due to the increased use of chromatographic techniques to analyze medications for safety and efficacy as a COVID-19 therapeutic mechanism. As a result of the COVID-19 crisis and the subsequent global disruptions to supply and demand, world GDP fell sharply during the first half of 2020.
Chromatography Software Market Trends
- Growing applications of chromatography in different fields
- The growing use of chromatography in various fields is expected to boost the chromatography software market statistics. The increasing use of advanced technologies in life sciences research and the expanding acceptance of advanced technologies in pharmaceutical firms are expected to drive greater demand for chromatography software globally. For instance, the researchers used chromatographic techniques to understand the COVID-19 infection better and build a more efficient coronavirus treatment. Such occurrences help the market acquire traction during the predicted period.
- Technological advancements in chromatography software
- Advances in liquid chromatography technology are driving the increased need for chromatography consumables. In addition, spectroscopy is classified into three types: As a result, demand for liquid chromatography consumables is likely to increase. Furthermore, reversed-phase liquid chromatography (RPLC) has long been considered the gold standard for pharmaceutical analysis. However, as the cost of drug research has increased in recent years, so has the complexity of drug discovery techniques, prompting the pharmaceutical industry to seek more throughput and resolution from RPLC. The ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) technology was created to accommodate this growing need. In terms of efficiency and throughput, the new method exceeds traditional chromatography processes
- Lack of skilled personnel for device handling
- A scarcity of qualified laboratory employees and chromatography software may stifle industry growth. Because of their intricacy, these systems must be operated by competent persons. According to a 2020 article, some European countries may suffer a skilled labor shortage over the next decade, with medical laboratories bearing a disproportionate share of the burden. The rapid growth of technology has increased the demand for qualified professionals to build, install, manage, and maintain applications. The scarcity of qualified workers, particularly in developing countries, may limit the usage of these devices. As a result of the shortage, several organizations are becoming understaffed and experiencing decreased research volume.
- Growing R&D and clinical trials worldwide
- There has been a surge in R&D activity and significant investments and clinical trials to develop novel medications with considerable medical benefits. According to a 2021 article, the FDA approved 355 novel drugs and biologics between 2009 and 2018, owing to an increase in R&D operations in the pharmaceutical industry. According to a US Congress's budget office report, new approvals climbed by over 60% in 2018, with 59 novel medications approved. This covers the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries' rising R&D activities, which are likely to grow shortly. As a result, firm revenue is expected to rise as R&D activities increase with increased demand for chromatography data software to generate robust and verified processes in less time and with higher efficiency.
Value Chain Analysis
The global chromatography software market is growing steadily due to the growing applications of chromatography in different fields and rising technological advancements in chromatography software. The value chain analysis of the chromatography software market comprises four major components starting with the R&D & testing, followed by manufacturing the products, distribution & sales, and ends with post-sales services.
R&D, testing, and design begin with conceptualization, design, development, and testing. The R&D segment comprises 25-30% of the value chain. After the product designs are final, the manufacturing of the product starts. Manufacturing consists of 45-50% of the value chain. The sourcing of raw materials is the initial phase in manufacturing the products. The manufacturing components are sometimes outsourced. Outsourcing eliminates manufacturing process activities of some parts and helps improve the process's efficiency. Then comes distribution & sales, which are essential for any industry. Here, awareness about the products is spread across the chromatography software market to get interested customers for the product. It consists of 10-15% of the value chain. Lastly, post-sales services account for around 5-10% of the value chain. In this step, customer feedback is considered to improve their existing product portfolio.
Chromatography Software Market Segment Insights
Chromatography Software Device Type Insights
The standalone software gives more detailed reporting capabilities. The standalone qualities enable the transmission of highly complex and targeted data and reports, leading to increased adoption of chromatographic software.
The integrated chromatography software segment dominated the chromatography software market and accounted for a significant revenue share of 76.5 %. due to the rising need for workflow integration to improve effective & increasing awareness and adoption of technology.
Chromatography Software Deployment Mode Insights
The on-premise segment is estimated to increase at a 7.6 % CAGR from 2020-to 2030. On-premise chromatography software deployment technique can be installed on the specific premises of local servers and accessed using the organization's computers.
The web-based chromatography software segment accounted chromatography software market share of 38% in 2021. This revenue share is primarily attributable to web-based chromatographic systems, which give quick access via network connection while lowering handling expenses.
Cloud-based software enables real-time data tracking, increased free storage for storing large amounts of data, quick and distant data access, cheaper handling costs, and simple data backup.
Chromatography Software Application Insights
In 2020, the pharmaceutical industry segment dominated the market, accounting for 33.4 % of total revenue. This is due to an increase in the use of liquid chromatography to assess the components of a drug's formulation and the increased prevalence of various ailments.
The environmental testing segment is expected to be the fastest-growing category during the forecast period, 2030. This is due to an increase in chromatographic techniques to determine the state of the environment and irregularities in it.
Forensic techniques investigate and solve various crimes, including theft, drug trafficking, use, murder, and terrorism.
Chromatography can be employed at numerous stages of the food chain, from determining food quality to detecting additives, pesticides, and other potentially dangerous substances.
The four significant types of chromatography testing are gas chromatography, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), thin-layer chromatography, and paper chromatography. Each has its own set of advantages and limitations in various fields, from healthcare to forensic science.
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
Chromatography is an essential tool in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries because it can provide sensitive information on the quality and purity of a product.
- Academic and research institutes
The academic and research institutes are expected to register a 7.7% CAGR between 2022 and 2030. This is due to a rise in the use of chromatography software in academic & research institutions and an increase in research volume.
Testing can also be used for other objectives, such as determining the quality of a product. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 420,000 people die each year due to contaminated food, resulting in the loss of 33 million healthy life years (DALYs).
Hospital and clinical laboratories are increasing their liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Doctors recognize the significance of testing for small molecule analytes such as opiates, therapies, immunosuppressants, steroids, and vitamin D metabolites.
Chromatography Software Region Insights
The North American market accounted for the largest share, 49.1%, in 2020. This is owing to the higher adoption of technology in laboratory testing and research activities in the region.Asia-Pacific:
Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest CAGR from 2022-to 2030. This is due to the growing popularity of chromatography technology in various applications, such as drug, forensic, environmental, and food testing.
The European chromatography software market is driven by the increasing investments of European governments in R&D activities. The presence of key market players also plays a significant role in contributing to market growth over 2022-2030.
Rest of the World:
Rising demand for chromatography equipment in several research procedures and the growing proteomics and genomics sector will drive the regional market expansion throughout the forecast period.
Chromatography Software Market Competitive Landscape
The chromatography software market is profitable, both for existing players as well as new entrants. A substantial level of rivalry is observed among the current manufacturers in the market. Our analysis revealed that market players had adopted different strategies and innovative R&D techniques to expand their business and secure their position in the global chromatography software market. For instance, in January 2020, Waters Corporation (US) acquired Andrew Alliance (Switzerland), a software company, to broaden its technology portfolio.
GE Healthcare has robust industry experience and is one of the leading companies in the chromatography software market. Furthermore, a high customer satisfaction level, exceptional performance in new markets, and a strong product portfolio add to the company’s competitive advantage. The company also has a strong clientele and is well established. Also, it is continuously involved in seminars, conferences, and trade fairs in several countries to generate awareness about its products.
Many chromatography software market players are dominating the global chromatography software market. The prominent players are involved in strategic agreements, product launches, and joint ventures to sustain their market positions.
List of Key Companies Covered in this report:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US)
- Scion Instruments (UK)
- Gilson Incorporated. (US)
- Waters Corporation. (US)
- Shimadzu Corporation (Japan)
- KNAUER Wissenschaftliche Geräte GmbH (Germany)
- DataApex, spol. s r.o. (Czech Republic)
- Restek Corporation. (US)
- Bruker Corporation (US)
- GE Healthcare (US)
- In January 2020, Bruker Corporation (US) acquired Prolab Instruments GmbH (Germany), a Swiss technology company specializing in low-flow, high precision liquid chromatography technology and systems.
- In January 2020, Waters Corporation (US) acquired Andrew Alliance (Switzerland), a software company, to broaden its technology portfolio.
- In February 2020, SCION Instruments (Scotland) developed a new factory and warehouse facility in the Netherlands to boost laboratory demonstration testing, manufacturing operations, and local procurement processes.
- In April 2019, Restek Corporation (US), a leading independent chromatography product developer and producer, and LECO Corporation (US).
- In August 2018, Agilent Technologies (US) announced the release of a novel version of its chromatography data software that allows laboratories to transfer documents in the Allotrope Data Format (ADF).
The study covers the existing short-term and long-term market effects and helps decision-makers draft short-term and long-term plans for businesses by region. The report covers major regions in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The report analyzes market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, Porter’s Five Forces, Value Chain, and the impact of COVID-19 on the market.
Scope of the Report
The scope of the global chromatography software market study includes a market size analysis and a detailed analysis of the manufacturer’s products and strategies. The market has been segmented based on product, application, and region.
Chromatography Software Market Segmentation
Chromatography Software Device Type Outlook
Chromatography Software Deployment Mode Outlook
Chromatography Software Application Outlook
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Environmental testing
- Forensic testing
- Food & beverage industry
Chromatography Software End Use Outlook
- Testing facilities
- Hospitals & clinics
Chromatography Software Region Outlook
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
2030: ~USD 15,330 million
2019 & 2020
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
By Device, By Deployment Mode, By Application, and By End-use and Region
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World
• Agilent Technologies, Inc (US)
• Scion Instruments (UK)
• Gilson Incorporated (US)
• Waters Corporation (US)
• Shimadzu Corporation (Japan)
• KNAUER Wissenschaftliche Geräte GmbH (Germany)
• DataApex, spol. s r.o. (Czech Republic)
• Restek Corporation. (US)
• Bruker Corporation (US)
• GE Healthcare (US)
Key Market Opportunities
Growing R&D and clinical trials worldwide
Key Market Drivers
• Growing applications of chromatography in different fields
• Technological advancements in chromatography software
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The chromatography software market is projected to reach USD 15,330 million at CAGR of 8.1% by 2030.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US), Scion Instruments (UK), Gilson Incorporated. (US), Waters Corporation. (US), Shimadzu Corporation. (Japan), Knauer Wissenschaftliche Geräte GmbH (Germany), Data Apex, spol. s r.o. (Czech Republic), Restek Corporation. (US), Bruker Corporation (US) and GE Healthcare (US) are the key competitors in the market of Chromatography Software
North America holds the largest share in the global market of Chromatography Software
Growing applications of chromatography in different fields and Technological advancements in chromatography software are the key factors driving the market of Chromatography Software.
Lack of skilled personnel for device handling and may act as market deterrents of Chromatography Software
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.