Global Cell Lysis & Disruption Market is expected to cross USD 5.7 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 8.6%.
Cell lysis & disruption is a method in which the cell membrane is broken down in order to extract the nucleic acids or proteins from a cell. The choice of cell lysis method depends on the type of cells, concentration, application (post-processing) and efficiency required. The demand for cell lysis & disruption is increasing due to the rising number of research & development activities in the biotechnology industry. This is majorly attributed to the increasing adoption of biotech processes in the pharmaceutical, agricultural sector.
The expansion of the biopharmaceutical sector and growing advancements in personalized medicine is positively influencing the market. Moreover, the rising demand for novel therapeutics and the increasing prevalence of diseases is responsible for positive market growth.
- Expanding biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries. For example, the biotechnology industry in India is growing at a high pace. It comprises about 800 companies, is expected to be valued at USD 11.6 billion in 2017. Moreover, the government of India has invested USD 5 billion to initiate research in the field of biotechnology.
- The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, including cancer. The incorporation of genetic and molecular techniques in personalized medicine via human genome research helps to determine best treatment options which are expected to drive the growth of cell lysis & disruption market.
- Increasing government funding for research
- Rising focus on personalized medicine
- Technological advancements in cell disruption techniques
- Shortage of skilled personnel
- The high maintenance cost of equipment
- Reagent Based: The largest segment, higher biological specificity of enzymatic disruption is attributive to the growth of this segment size. The reagent based segment is further segmented into detergent and enzymatic.
- Physical Disruption: Physical or mechanical methods of cell disruption have traditionally been the method of choice for cell lysis. Physical disruption method includes mechanical homogenization, ultrasonic homogenization, pressure homogenization, and temperature treatments.
- Consumables: The fastest-growing segment owing to the increasing prevalence of diseases and rise in funding of cell-based research is a crucial factor for the growth of the segment. Consumables are further divided into reagent and kits, beads, and disposables.
- Instruments: The commercial availability and reliability of tools that are used in cell disruption & lysis are boosting the growth of this segment. The instrument segment is further categorized as sonicators, homogenizers, French press, microfluidizer, and others.
By Cell Type
- Mammalian Cells: The largest segment, this is attributable to Increased investments in R&D linked to biotechnology by government organizations and the private sector. Furthermore, the primary vital players have developed reagents that specifically work on mammalian cells, which is attributing to the growth of this segment. For instance, Merck offers a wide range of mammalian cell lysis reagents which are used for the preparation of mammalian phosphorylated, cytosolic, and nuclear proteins.
- Microbial Cells: The expansion of the biopharmaceutical sector and increasing research is responsible for positive growth.
- Others: This segment covers plant cells.
- Research Laboratories and Institutes: The largest segment, increased use of cell disruption techniques in research facilities is projected to drive the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies: A small segment due to the rising occurrence of diseases and growing research & development is projected to boost the growth of this segment.
- Others: This segment includes academic and research institutions.
- Americas: The largest regional market, increasing government initiatives to promote research in the pharmaceutical and biotech sector will boost the market growth in this region. Firms in the US conduct over half the world's R&D in pharmaceuticals, which is about $75 billion and hold intellectual property rights on most new medicines.
- Europe: Technological advancements in personalized medicine and proteomic field is leading to a rise in the adoption of cell lysis & disruption techniques.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market, Asia-Pacific is seeing a surge in the clinical trials and contract research and manufacturing activities owing to the growth in the bio-services sector is expected to boost the market growth.
- Middle East & Africa: The smallest market due to limited healthcare infrastructure in this region.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (US)
- Merck KGAA (Germany)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (US)
- Danaher Corporation (US)
- Becton Dickinson & Company (US)
- Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (US)
- Miltenyi Biotec (Germany)
- Hoffmann–La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Qiagen N.V. (Netherlands)
- Qsonica, LLC (US)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
cell lysis disruption market is expected to be valued at USD 5.7 billion by 2025.
The global market is expected to exhibit a strong 8.6% CAGR over the forecast period from 2019 to 2025.
Rising R&D activities in the biotechnology industry are the major driver for the cell lysis disruption market.
The Americas are the leading regional market due to the presence of a strong biotech industry in the region.
Leading players in the market include Merck, Danaher, and Becton Dickinson and Company, among others.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.