Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market Overview
The Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market is expected to reach USD 3915.8 Million by 2030 at 6.7% CAGR during the forecast period 2022-2030. Blood transfusion diagnostics is the intravenous transfer of blood or blood products. Blood transfusions can be used to replace blood components that have been lost. The most common blood components transfused include red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, clotting factors, and plasma. During an emergency or a serious case of massive blood loss, these blood components are crucial to laboratories and hospitals. When hemoglobin levels fall below 100g/L, RBC transfusion is required. Before being transfused, blood from a donor must be checked for a variety of infectious diseases. Blood transfusion demand is being driven by the rising prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases such as severe anemia, cancer, hemophilia, kidney disease, liver disease, severe infection, sickle cell disease, and thrombocytopenia, as well as the introduction of technologically advanced products. As a result, blood transfusion diagnostics play a vital role in preventing infection in both the recipient and the healthcare workers. The expansion of this market is fueled by rising infectious disease prevalence, an increase in the number of blood transfusion procedures, the need for screened blood products, and increased campaigning or awareness campaigns. The demand for blood and blood products outnumbers the supply, adding to the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market's expansion.
Study objectives: Main objective of this research is to provide information about Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market, product, technology and end users.
- To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next seven years of the various segments and sub-segments of the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market.
- To provide insights about factors affecting the market growth.
- To analyze the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market based on various factors- Price Analysis, Supply Chain Analysis, Porters’ Five Force Analysis etc.
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographies - Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa and their countries.
- To provide country level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective.
- To provide country level analysis of the market for segments by product, by technology, by end and its sub-segments.
- To provide overview of key players and their strategic profiling in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market.
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments in the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics introduced the ORTHO VISION Swift and ORTHO VISION Max Swift analyzers in April 2021. These analyzers provide laboratory networks with more processing power and enhanced data security. Hemanext, a blood storage technology company, said in September 2021 that it would raise USD 15 million in a new series A fundraising round and USD 100 million from private equity. Its goal is to spread the Hemanext One System's processes all over the world. The technology has a CE designation, which means it can be sold throughout Europe.
- Medical device manufactures
- Medical devices suppliers
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Research and Development (R&D) Companies
- Academic Medical Institutes and Universities
Figure 1: Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market, by technology, 2016:
Source: Press Release, Company presentation, annual reports
Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market has been segmented on the basis of blood product including Red Blood Cells, Platelets, Plasma, Albumin, Immunoglobulin Preparations and other products. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into Western Blot, ELISA, Nucleic Acid Amplification, Fluorescence assay, Rapid Test and other technologies. ELISA is further segmented into chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA), fluorescence immunoassays (FIA), and colorimetric immunoassay (CI). Nucleic Acid Amplification is segmented into Thermomechanical analysis (TMA) and real-time PCR. End users are hospitals, clinics, blood banks, laboratories.
Globally, Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market consists of four regions Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa. America is the largest market whose growth is attributed to an increase in the use of nucleic acid amplification test and large number of awareness programs conducted by the government bodies and non-government organizations. Europe is the second largest market. Asia Pacific is showing positive growth this market. The market shows steady growth in Middle East & Africa.
Figure 2: Market Synopsis
Sources: Press Release, presentation, company website, annual reports, government records, journals expert interview.
Grifols (Spain), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland), bioMérieux (France), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), Immucor (U.S), Siemens Healthineers (Germany), Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. (U.S.), Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (U.S.), Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (U.S), Beckman Coulter (U.S), Diagast (France), Abbott Diagnostics (U.S), BAG healthcare (Germany), DiaSorin (Italy), Fujirebio (Belgium), Grifols (Spain), Quidel (U.S), Hologic/Gen-Probe (U.S), Biokit (Spain).
The report for Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market of Market Research Future comprises of extensive primary research along with the detailed analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts, key opinion leaders to gain the deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The report gives the clear picture of current market scenario which includes historical and projected market size in terms of value and volume, technological advancement, macro economical and governing factors in the market. The report provides details information and strategies of the top key players in the industry. The report also gives a broad study of the different markets segments and regions
USD 3915.8 Million
6.7% CAGR : 2030
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
by product, by Technology, by end user
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Grifols (Spain), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland), bioMérieux (France), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), Immucor (U.S), Siemens Healthineers (Germany), Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. (U.S.), Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Beckman Coulter
Key Market Opportunities
new product developments, and research and developments in the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics market.
Key Market Drivers
rising infectious disease prevalence
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market is expected to be valued at USD 3915.8 Million by 2030
Leading players in the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market include Roche Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher, and Grifols, among others.
Increasing volume of blood transfusions is likely to be a key driver for the Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market.
Americas are the largest Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market.
Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market is expected to exhibit a strong 6.7% by 2022-2030.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.