Pune, India, April 2021, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Half - Cooked Research Report on the Global Superplasticizers Market.
According to MRFR analysis, the global superplasticizers market is expected to reach over USD 10,232.4 million by the end of 2027at a CAGR of 7.8%.
Super plasticizers, also known as high range water, are chemical additives used to increase the overall strength of concrete by reducing the water to cement ratio. These chemicals are generally available in the polymeric form are highly beneficial in retarding the curing process and improving workability. Rising investments in infrastructure development projects across Asia-Pacific generate significant demand for concrete mixture and consequently for super plasticizers. Plasticizers are widely used in ready-mix concrete due to their ability to increase a concrete mixture's flow ability. Therefore, the growing adoption of ready-mix concrete is expected to provide a major boost to the market over the forecast period.
Access full report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/superplasticizers-market-10557
- This segment is bifurcated into polycarboxylate (PC) derivatives, sulfonated naphthalene formaldehydes (SNF), sulfonated melamine formaldehydes (SMF), and modified lignosulfonates (MLS).
- Polycarboxylate (PC) Derivatives: The polycarboxylate (PC) based superplasticizers segment led the market in 2019 and is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.These superplasticizers demonstrate comparatively superior water reduction capability and dispersibility capability. Additionally, they are compatible with a wide variety of concrete mixtures, including high-performance concrete, high-strength concrete, and dry mortars. Thus, the growing adoption of high-performance and high-strength concrete in the infrastructure industry is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
- Sulfonated Naphthalene Formaldehydes (SNF): The sulphonated naphthalene formaldehyde (SNF) is expected to attain a significant share of the overall market by 2027. Easy availability and comparatively lower price than PC derivative superplasticizers are expected to drive the segment growthover the forecast period.
- Sulfonated Melamine Formaldehydes (SMF): The demand for sulfonated melamine formaldehyde (SMF) is superplasticizers is expected to be the driven by its widescale adoption in the precast concrete industry.
- Modified lignosulfonates (MLS):The modified lignosulfonates segment is expected to grow at a significantly reduced pace owing to its comparatively lower performance attributes than the other types of superplasticizers.
This segment is classified into liquid form and powder form.
- Liquid Form: The liquid form segment is expected to maintain the dominant position over the forecast period. Ease of use and ability to seamlessly assimilate into concrete mixture are two of the main attributes expected to drive the increase in product adoption in the upcoming period.
- Powder Form: The powder form segment is expected to gain a significant share of the global superplasticizer market owing to its comparatively lower cost and low sensitivity to temperature fluctuations.
This segment is classified into ready-mix concrete (RMC), precast concrete, high-performance concrete (HPC), and others.
- Ready-mix Concrete (RMC): Ready-mix concrete segment is expected to remain the largest application segment over the forecast period.The growing use of superplasticizers to increase the flowability and workability of the RMC is expected to be the primary factor driving the segment growth over the forecast period.
- Precast Concrete: Precast concrete segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period.Superplasticizers are highly helpful in reducing the quantity of water and cement in the precast concrete structures and thereby generate significant cost savings. As a result, the wide-ranging adoption of precast construction technology is expected to provide a major boost to the demand for superplasticizers over the forecast period.
- High-performance Concrete (HPC): The high-performance concrete segment is expected to grow at a robust pace over the forecast period. Superplasticizers are widely used in the preparation of high-performance concrete due to its ability to reduce the water to cement ratio and improve the overall concrete strength.
- Others: The other segment includes shotcrete, self-compacting concrete (SCC), fly ash concrete (FAC), and others.
- North America: Market growth is driven by increasing investment in the redevelopment of aging infrastructure.
- Europe: Relatively stagnant market owing slow growth construction industry in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market.
- Latin America: Low growth market owing to the economic slowdown in the major economies.
- Middle East & Africa: Rising investment in infrastructure development projects in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE is expected to drive the market.