Pune, India, Nov 2022, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Half- Cooked Research Report on the Global Electric Kick Scooter Market.
Electric Kick Scooter Market
Electric kick scooter, also known as a motorized scooter or e-kick scooter, is a stand-up scooter driven by an integrated electric motor drive system and battery. The electricity is saved on board in a rechargeable battery, which will drive the electric motors. It is categorized as a form of micro-mobility, where the rider stands in the center of the scooter. Electric kick scooter is a versatile, flexible, eco-friendly, and trendy mode of transport.
Browse In-depth Details [Table of Content, List of Figures, List of Tables] of Electric Kick Scooter Market Research Report
Electric Kick Scooter
According to the MRFR analysis, the global electric kick scooter market size is projected to reach USD 5.3 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 11.2 %.
Electric Kick Scooters have enhanced manufacturing procedures and superior materials, as well as longer bearing lives, higher service factors, lower waste heat output, and less vibration, all of which contribute to increased reliability. Electric motors that are more efficient reduce losses, which account for only 3-6 percent of the energy that goes through the motor. By utilizing VSD, an efficient electric motor has the ability to reduce emissions associated with energy savings. The primary function of a VSD is to regulate motor speed in accordance with load requirements. The VSD serves to improve the overall efficiency of the system. Electric Kick Scooters are slightly more expensive than normal motors. With over 1000 hours of operation per year, motor-energy expenses typically account for over 95 percent of the motor's life-cycle cost; efficient electric motors are more cost-effective over the system life.
The growing need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions is driving the demand for energy-efficient solutions, which will propel the Electric Kick Scooter Market forward. Companies are choosing eco-friendly solutions for their technologies and processes as knowledge about energy conservation grows.
Electric Kick Scooter Market Competitive Landscape
The global Electric Kick Scooter market consists of many organized and unorganized industry players. Manufacturers focuses mainly on expansion of production capacities, continuous product launch, and collaborations with key stakeholders to gain a competitive advantage over other players. Key players include SWAGTRON, Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle Co. Ltd., YADEA Technology Group Co., Ltd., Bird Rides, Inc., SEGWAY INC., Xiaomi, iconBIT GmbH, GOVECS AG, Niu International, Razor USA LLC.
Electric Kick Scooter Market Segmentation
By Battery Type
- Sealed Lead Acid: A sealed lead acid battery is also called gel cell, is a lead acid battery that has the sulfuric acid electrolyte coagulated so it cannot spill out. They are partly sealed, but have gaps in case gases are accidentally released for example by overcharging.
- NiMH: A nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery is a type of rechargeable battery. The chemical reaction at the positive electrode is similar to that of the nickel–cadmium cell, with both using nickel oxide hydroxide.
- Li-Ion: The segment holds the largest market share in the global electric kick scooter market. Lithium-ion battery is provided for applications that demand high-energy density solutions in electric automobiles.
- Below 24V: The 24-volt batteries have a tendency to use less electrical system than 24-volt batteries, which allows them to be lighter and cheaper.
- 24V-36V: This is the second largest segment holds the market share of globalelectric kick scooter market. These batteries used NiMH or Li-ion technology.
- 36V-48V: The segment dominating the global market. 36V-48V batteries are popular due to their capacity which improves the e-scooter driving range.
- Greater than 48V: Electric kick scooters with voltage greater than 48V provides advantages in terms of range. These scooters emit carbon dioxide at adequate cost levels. Additionally, 48V products offer features such as turbochargers and air conditioning compressors, which are difficult to implement in other scooters.
- Personal: Personal scooter is anon-commercial vehicle used by someone for their personal needs.
- Rental: A vehicle rental, hire scooter or scooter hire agency is a company that rents scooters for short periods of time to the public, generally ranging from a few hours to a few weeks.
- North America: The growth in the North America Electric Kick Scooter market is mainly attributed to the key players in the US which has significantly contributed to the growth of electric kick scooter market in the region. This region includes US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Europe: Implementing the growth in this region can be mostly attributed to technological advancements. Developed countries such as Germany, UK, France, Italy, and Spain are the largest stake holders of the regional market.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific region is predicted to create significant opportunity for the manufacturers within the electric kick scooter market due to presence of key players in this region.
- Middle East & Africa: The size of the Middle East & Africa in-vehicle electric kick scooter market is moderate as compared to other regions. This is attributed to lower production of automotive in the region as well as low human development index. However, the region is expected to showcase marginal growth during the forecast period. Countries like South Africa, and UAE are the key contributor to the market.
- South America: South America is likely to register steady growth rate during the forecast period. The region’s market is driven by countries like Brazil, and Argentina. The regional market is predicted to hold significant share of the global market.