Pune, India, October 2019, MRFR Press Release/- Market Research Future has published a Half-Cooked Research Report on the Global Cross-Linked Polyethylene (XLPE) Market.
The Cross-Linked Polyethylene (XLPE) Market is expected to register a 6.2% CAGR during the review period.
XLPE finds use in numerous applications including plumbing, wires & cables, medical, chemical, and automotive among others. Increasing preference for XLPE over copper material in piping systems is driving the growth of the global cross-linked polyethylene market. However, shift toward the use of polypropylene pipes over XLPE pipes due to the chance of leakage and release of organic carbon and VOCs is likely to pose a major challenge to the market players.
Trade & Pricing Analysis
The overall HDPE imports increased by 4% in 2017 as compared to 2016 and the total exports increased by 1.2% in 2017 as compared to 2016. The price for HDPE lies between range USD 1000/Ton and USD 1400/Ton.
By Type: The cross-linked polyethylene market can primarily be categorized into high-density polyethylene (HDPE), low-density polyethylene (LDPE), and others.
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)—HDPE accounted for the largest market share in 2018 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the review period. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing use of HDPE in plumbing and wire & cables applications. In addition, the use of high-density cross-linked polyethylene is also increasing in chemical storage tanks due to its superior properties such as improved environmental stress crack resistance and high impact and tensile strength.
- Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE)—The low-density polyethylene segment is expected to witness healthy growth during the review period on account of increasing demand for LDPE in wire & cables application as an insulation material.
- Others—The others segment includes linear low-density polyethylene, ethyl vinyl acetate copolymer, and polyolefin elastomer
By Technology: The cross-linked polyethylene market has been segmented into peroxide method, silane grafting method, and electron beam processing.
- Peroxide Method —Peroxide method of cross-linking polyethylene was the largest and fastest-growing segment of the global cross-linked polyethylene market in 2018. The segment’s growth can be attributed to its ability to produce the highest and uniform degree of cross-linking. Additionally, it helps to produces XLPE possessing excellent weatherability and degradation stability, which are essential in piping and cable insulation applications.
- Silane Grafting Method —Silane grafting method is primarily used to cross-link polyethylene for cables and pipes applications. It offers various advantages compared to other methods such as low investment cost, high flexibility, and high output rates among others. The silane grafting method is expected to grow at a substantial growth rate during the review period.
- Electron Beam Processing —The cross-linking of polyethylene through the electron beam processing method requires special equipment which result in high investment cost and thus, other methods are preferred over electron beam processing method.
By Process: The cross-linked polyethylene market has been segmented into chemical and physical.
- Chemical —The chemical process was the largest segment of the global cross-linked polyethylene market in 2018 and is expected to register significant CAGR during the review period. The chemical process involves the addition of chemicals or initiators such as silane or peroxide to generate free radicals and thus, crosslink the polyethylene.
- Physical —The physical segment is projected to exhibit a healthy CAGR owing to its ability to produce XLPEs that are widely used in the medical industry in prosthetic implantation in body parts and XLPE foam in packaging application.
Access Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/cross-linked-polyethylene-market-8175
By Application: The global cross-linked polyethylene market has been segmented into wires & cables, plumbing, medical, chemical, automotive, and others.
- Plumbing —The segment accounted for the largest share of the global cross-linked polyethylene market in 2018 and is expected to register a significant CAGR during the review period. The growth can be attributed to the growing usage of XLPE in tubing and piping applications over copper material owing to its superior properties such as corrosion resistance and improved performance under a wide range of temperatures.
- Wires & Cables —Wire & cables segment accounted for the second-largest market share in 2018 and is expected to register the highest CAGR during the review period. This segmental growth can be attributed to its superior properties such as resistance to weather, heat, and moisture which protects the wire and thus, ensure efficient energy transfer through the wire.
- Medical — XLPE finds use in medical applications including surgical implants, surgical instruments, and other surgical devices.
- Chemical —XLPE finds use in chemical storage tanks owing to its ability to resist heat and acidic corrosion. Also, it decreases the chance of stress cracks in the linings which otherwise might lead to tank failure.
- Automotive — XLPE is increasingly used as an insulation material for cable and wires used in the automotive industry owing to its ability to withstand external factors such as high mechanical vibrations, high temperature, and humidity, among others.
- Others — The others segment includes mining and watercraft products such as Canoes and kayaks among others.