Pune, India, Sep 2022, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Automotive Seat Heater Market.
Global Automotive Seat Heater Market
An automotive seat heater is an electronic device used as a automotive interior comfort product. It is designed as a pad or cushion that encompasses an electric heating system.
Automotive Seat Heater
According to the MRFR analysis, the global Automotive Seat Heater market size is projected to reach USD 2136.09 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 5.8%.
The global automotive seat heater market is rapidly growing due to the demand for comfort features in vehicles and the growing automotive aftermarket. The global automotive seat heater market is projected to grow at 5.8% CAGR during the forecast period, 2022–2030. With the continuous spread of the novel coronavirus worldwide, automakers are taking extreme measures in the form of plant closures to halt the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak. The situation remains uncertain as more European companies suspend work, and the US and APAC automakers extend shutdown periods.
The automakers' plans on North American production are an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus; however, currently, the region is the global epicentre of the outbreak, with the daily number of confirmed cases outstripping the number in any other region. In Europe, many automotive groups, including Volkswagen, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA), and Groupe PSA, have shut most plants across the continent, effectively halting the entire supply chain temporarily. Ford, another key automotive player, has also announced a halt of production activity across Europe. Currently, retail activity is at a standstill, as several European countries have moved into full lockdown. EU-wide production losses due to factory shutdowns have amounted to over 2 million motor vehicles so far, including passenger cars, vans, trucks, buses, and coaches.
Browse In-depth Details [Table of Content, List of Figures, List of Tables] of Automotive Seat Heater Market Research Report
Automotive Seat Heater Market Competitive Landscape
The global automotive seat heater market is characterized by the presence of many global, regional, and local vendors. The regional automotive seat heater market is highly competitive, with all the players continually competing to gain a larger market share. The vendors compete based on cost, product quality, reliability, and aftermarket services. Therefore, vendors must provide cost-effective and efficient products to survive and succeed in a competitive market environment.
Panasonic Corporation, Genthern, Kongsberg Gruppen, Continental AG, II-VI Marlow Inc, Langfang Golden time Technology, Changchun SET Electronics Co. Ltd., Guangzhou Tachibana Electronics Co. Ltd., IG Bauerhin GmbH, Seat Comfort Systems, Inc, Champion Seat Systems are the major players in the automotive seat heater market.
Seat Heater Market Segmentation:
Automotive Seat Heater Market Based on Type:
- Carbon fiber heater: The carbon fiber heaters segment is dominating the global market share as these heaters ensure good strength and require low voltage to produce heat. As the name suggests, it is made of carbon fiber material, a good conductor of electricity that can be designed to incorporate a variety of shapes. In addition, carbon fiber will not corrode or break other heating elements. The carbon fiber material is a lightweight material that is soft and bends into desired shapes. The carbon fiber heater enables trimming the carbon fiber pads or cutting holes in the center to put up any seat design.
- Composite fibre heater: Composite fibres are built up of two or more different components includes reinforcement and matrix. The matrix binds the reinforcement to merge the benefits of both original components. The composite fibre replaces conventional seat materials as it reduces composite costs and improves flexibility. These materials produce durable and cost-effective products that perform well in adverse conditions. In addition, composites offer a wide range of design options as compared to traditional materials.
Automotive Seat Heater Market Based on Vehicle type:
- Passenger Cars: Passenger cars are motor vehicles with at least four wheels, used to transport passengers, with no more than eight seats, including the driver's seat. The continuous increase in demand for passenger vehicles has led international automobile manufacturers to increase their production capacities. As per the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), in 2020, the global production of passenger cars reached 55,834,456 units. Moreover, the key seat heater manufacturers are focusing on the aftermarket to strengthen their market position in the automotive industry and to cater to the requirements of passenger cars.
- Commercial Vehicle: The primary factor driving the commercial vehicle segment in the global automotive seat heater market is the increasing demand for pickup trucks and vans for commercial applications. According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), in 2020, the global production of commercial vehicles was 21,787,126 units. Commercial trucks are mainly used by retailers, traders, and transporters for transporting heavy goods. It is seen that the automotive seat heater is mainly used in passenger cars.
Automotive Seat Heater Market Based on Sales Channel:
- OEM: OEMs procure and install automotive parts and components while assembling the automobile. Major automotive component manufacturers invest in research and development to offer advanced components and modules and upgrade existing technologies for automotive seat heaters. The automotive seat heaters that are adopted by OEMs usually provide comfort to the customers. Such factors are anticipated to drive the growth of the OEM segment in the global automotive seat heater market during the forecast period.
- Aftermarkets: The aftermarket is associated with manufacturing, remanufacturing, and installing automotive parts, components, and modules after the vehicle has been retailed by the OEMs. Most customers prefer cost-effective and efficient parts for replacing their damaged parts and lubricants. Moreover, increasing vehicle production, along with the growing demand for premium vehicles and the rising demand for light and heavy commercial vehicles for industrial applications, is expected to drive the aftermarket segment. Additionally, the increase in the presence of distributors, retailers, and online channel partners around the globe is expected to increase the scope for automotive parts sales. Thus, these factors help create opportunities for aftermarket players to cater to the growing needs of the automotive industry globally.
Automotive Seat Heater Market Based on region:
- North America: Due to the rising penetration of high-end luxury cars in the US and Mexico, North America currently accounts for the leading position in the automotive seat heater market share. Moreover, the low-temperature conditions in the major regions result in the preference of the automotive seat heater. In addition, the increase in demand for passenger comfort and safety will boost the demand for automotive seat heaters in the region. Furthermore, the automotive industry is one of the most progressive sectors in Mexico. Due to the country's geostrategic location and its focus on expanding production capacities to meet the growing customer base, industry players are involved in mergers and acquisitions.
- Europe: The use of automobiles in Europe has been growing steadily due to the rising per capita disposable income among individuals. The presence of major automotive manufacturers in the region, including PSA Peugeot Citroen, Mitsubishi Trucks, Isuzu, and Volkswagen, is anticipated to create new opportunities for domestic manufacturers and suppliers of automotive parts and components. In addition, industry players in this region are expanding their presence in emerging countries, including Brazil, India, and Turkey, to strengthen their strategic position in the automotive market across the globe. The high export of automobiles and related components will stimulate the product share over the forecast timeframe.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is predicted to grow at a significant CAGR during the review period due to the presence of developing regions like India and China, where people are more inclined toward the use of high-end automotive components like seat heaters. Furthermore, rapid industrialization in the region due to the low cost of manufacturing is expected to benefit the automotive seat heater market growth. Additionally, the presence of large automotive manufacturers like Langfang Golden Time Technology Development Co., Ltd, Changchun SET Electronics Co., Ltd, and Guangzhou Tachibana Electronic Co., Ltd. is expected to accelerate the automotive seat heater market growth in the coming years.
- Middle East and Africa: The Middle East & Africa is expected to witness substantial growth, owing to the investor-friendly policy framework for automobile and component manufacturing in countries including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Egypt. Moreover, major auto parts manufacturers, including Continental AG, are collaborating with local auto parts and component suppliers to increase their presence in the Middle East & Africa. The high presence of aftermarket players in the region will accentuate the automotive seat heater market share.
- South America: The automotive market in South America is dominated by countries such as Brazil, Argentina, and Columbia. The automotive industry in Columbia primarily concentrates on manufacturing auto components. Furthermore, major automotive OEMs, such as FCA, Honda, Mazda, KIA, Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen, are raising the demand for the automotive seat heater market over the projected timeframe.