Talking about the epoxy resin, this is one type of thermosetting polymer developed by copolymerization of an epoxide with some other compounds with two hydroxyl groups. Epoxy resins are well-known for the enhanced and robust performance in different industrial applications. The reason behind this can be the fantastic properties that the material has.
For example, an excellent level of mechanical strength, high thermal stability, corrosion resistance, exceptional toughness, resistance to different chemicals and moisture, prolonged durability, and more. So, epoxy resin extensively finds application across paints and coatings, electronic encapsulation, adhesive, and composites industries.
Advantages and uses of epoxy resins
It can be said that epoxy resins are the best resins available on the industrial market. Factors are resistance to thermal stress, degradation over time, and other excellent mechanical properties recommended for most industrial environments. If you want to make something corrosion-resistant, you can use epoxy resins.
- This covers a massive range of applications, and you can use this as an adhesive mass for walls, metal, plastic, carbon fiber, fiberglass, and more. Besides, by combining different filler materials, such as porcelain and glass, you can make the resin more durable and attain more thermal and mechanical properties.
- This type of resin is utilized in the reinforced plastic for the reason of composite material. Besides, this can be adapted to match any substrates. As they have a lower level of viscosity, epoxy resins effectively construct different reinforcing materials. Taking about one of the most advantageous properties of epoxy resins, the resin takes to shrink during the hardening process. Besides, while hardening, it creates a lower level of internal stress.
Some advantages of epoxy resins
- It has a remarkable ability to adapt to different applications. Whether neutralization tanks, epoxy floor, corrosion protection, or separator vessels by epoxy offers increased resistance.
- Apart from this, epoxy resin can demonstrate high chemical stability. The material has excellent resistance to alkalis, salts, alkaline solvents, and acids that let applied without issue in chemical processing areas.
- As the material is monolithic, this type of resin is also perfect for the food or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experts recommend using epoxy resins to make sure that there is effective corrosion protection in the pulp industry, energy, chemical, pharmaceutical industry, and water treatment plants.
How is the global market for epoxy resin performing?
As per a recently published market report, in the year 2020, the global market for epoxy resin was valued at USD 6 billion. However, the experts have been forecasted that the market will touch USD 10.3 billion marks by the end of 2027. On the other hand, the CAGR- Compound Annual Growth Rate would be around 7 percent.
As discussed above, this market is greatly driven by the increase in demand from the end-use industries for different applications, for example, adhesives, coatings, and more. Besides, it has also been projected that steady economic growth and rising global industrialization are also expected to trigger the growth. Furthermore, leading players are also introducing new products, helping the market to grow.