Kyphosis is one sort of spinal disorder, which is characterized by a severe outward curve of the patient’s spine. It deteriorates the spinal health by causing an abnormal round of the upper back portion. Although kyphosis does not come with any specific symptom (the only sign is a curved back), some patients complain about backache.
However, some patients also experience spinal tenderness and tiredness. Nevertheless, if the patient keeps on neglecting the condition, it could welcome excessive pain, which could not be treated with medication. Moreover, untreated kyphosis can also result in breathing issues. That is why diagnosis and treatment of kyphosis within the correct time are necessary.
Current Market Condition of Kyphosis
- One of the key reasons for kyphosis is osteoporosis or porous bone. The cases of kyphosis are on the rise. The increased prevalence of this spinal condition is also escalating the demand for the kyphosis patient tool. That is why more and more patients have started looking for proper treatments to get rid of kyphosis.
- Various factors are fueling the growth of the global kyphosis market. It includes increasing healthcare costs, escalating cases of kyphosis, and growing R&D (research and development).
- Nonetheless, some factors are also inhibiting the growth of the global kyphosis market, such as lesser availability of kyphosis treatment options and insufficient awareness of the treatment.
- The global kyphosis market is anticipated to expand at 5.8% of CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) throughout the forecast period.
Global Kyphosis Market: Segmentation
- The worldwide market of kyphosis is divided into end-user, diagnosis & treatment, and type.
- In terms of type, the global kyphosis market is segregated into congenital kyphosis, Scheuermann's kyphosis, and postural kyphosis.
- When it comes to the diagnosis test & treatment, the market is divided into diagnostic tests as well as treatments.
- Moreover, the diagnostic test sector is further divided into biopsy, imaging, and so on. The imaging field is classified into MRI scan, CT scan, and X-ray.
- Furthermore, the treatment sector is divided into surgery, medications, and bracing. The medication division is further classified into NSAIDs and so on. NSAIDs are divided into naproxen, ibuprofen, and aspirin. Moreover, the surgery is classified into osteotomy and spinal fusion.
- Based on the end-user, the global kyphosis market is divided into diagnostic centers, hospitals & clinics, etc.
- When it is about the region, the market is divided into Asia-Pacific, Americas, Middle East & Africa, and Europe. Moreover, the American market in this regard is segregated into South America and North America. However, North America is anticipated to hold the highest kyphosis market share in the year 2018.
- Nonetheless, as a whole, Europe acquired the highest kyphosis market share in the year 2018. In terms of region, the European market for kyphosis is divided into Eastern Europe and Western Europe. Furthermore, Western Europe is further segmented into the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and the remaining parts of Western Europe.
- In terms of Asia-Pacific, the kyphosis market is divided into Japan, India, South Korea, China, Australia, and the remaining parts of the Asia-Pacific.
Based on the Middle East & Africa, the market is divided into the Middle East as well as Africa.