Odontogenic Tumor Market Scenario
The odontogenic tumor market is expected to grow during the forecast period (2023 to 2030) USD 350 Million at a CAGR of 7.30%.
Odontogenic tumors (OT) are a heterogeneous group of lesions of diverse clinical behavior and histopathologic types, ranging from hamartomatous lesions to malignancy. The odontogenic tumor is an abnormal growth of tissues in jaws and around the teeth. Odontogenic tumors are malignant, which means they are likely to spread. Numerous factors are anticipated to drive the growth of this market such as high incidence of dental caries and other dental diseases, increasing geriatric population, and growing number of pediatric odontogenic tumors in dental hospitals and clinics. Despite the drivers, factors such as unfavorable reimbursement scenario and stringent regulatory process for the approval of odontogenic dental equipment may hamper the growth of the market during the assessment period.
The odontogenic tumor market is segmented into types of tumor, diagnosis, treatment, and end-user. Based on the types of tumor the odontogenic tumor market is segmented into two segments malignant odontogenic tumors and benign odontogenic tumors. Malignant odontogenic tumors are further sub-segmented into ameloblastic carcinoma, primary intraosseous carcinoma, NOS sclerosing odontogenic carcinoma, clear cell odontogenic carcinoma, ghost cell odontogenic carcinoma, odontogenic carcinosarcoma, and odontogenic sarcomas. Benign odontogenic tumors are further sub-segmented into the epithelial origin, mixed (Epithelial-Mesenchymal) origin, and mesenchymal origin. Epithelial origin is further sub-segmented into ameloblastoma, conventional, squamous odontogenic tumor, calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor, and adenomatoid odontogenic tumor. Mixed (Epithelial-Mesenchymal) origin is further sub-segmented into ameloblastic fibroma, primordial odontogenic tumor, odontoma, and dentinogenic ghost cell tumor. The mesenchymal origin is further sub-segmented into odontogenic fibroma, odontogenic myxoma/myxofibroma, cementoblastoma, and cemento-ossifying fibroma. On the basis of diagnosis, the odontogenic tumor industry is further segmented into computerized tomography scan (also called a CT or CAT scan), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and biopsy. Based on treatment, the odontogenic tumor market is further segmented into surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Based on end-user, the market is further segmented into hospitals, dental clinics, dental laboratories, dental academics, and research institutes.
Some of the key players in the market are Midwest dental Inc, Burkhart Dental Supply Co., Inc, Delta Dental Plans Association, Patterson Dental Supply, Inc, DeCare Dental, LLC, Oral Cancer Prevention International, Inc, Zila, Inc, Altima Dental Canada, Inc, OraTec Corporation, Oral health innovation Ltd, Senior Dental Care, LLC, and Amerident Dental Inc.
Regional Market Summary
Odontogenic Tumor Market Share, by Region, 2018 (%)
Source: MRFR Analysis
The market has been segmented, by region, into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. The odontogenic tumor market in the Americas has further been segmented into North America and South America, with the North American market divided into the US and Canada. The European odontogenic tumor market has been segmented into Western Europe and Eastern Europe. Western Europe has further been classified as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Western Europe. The odontogenic tumor market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The odontogenic tumor industry in the Middle East and Africa has been segmented into the Middle East and Africa.
Geographically, the Americas is anticipated to dominate the odontogenic tumor market. The market growth in this region is attributed to the increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry, growing oral care expenditure, and the rising popularity of digital dentistry. Moreover, the increasing incidence of dental caries and tooth loss associated with the aging population is expected to fuel the growth of the market in this region.
Europe is expected to be the second largest market in the globe owing to the increasing number of dental problems, increasing government expenditure for oral care, the presence of disposable income, increasing number of people visiting dentists, and increasing demand for oral tumor dentistry.
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market owing to the growing prevalence of dental caries and dental related problems in developing countries, increasing disposable income, and growing healthcare expenditure.
The Middle East and Africa is expected to account for the lowest market share in the odontogenic market due to low development, lack of technical knowledge, and poor medical facilities in developing economies in this region.
Odontogenic Tumor Market, by Tumor Types
Malignant Odontogenic Tumors
- Ameloblastic carcinoma
- Primary intraosseous carcinoma
- NOS sclerosing odontogenic carcinoma
- Clear cell odontogenic carcinoma
- Ghost cell odontogenic carcinoma
- Odontogenic carcinosarcoma
- Odontogenic sarcomas
- Ameloblastic fibro-odontoma
Tumor Benign Odontogenic Tumors
- Epithelial origin
- Ameloblastoma, unicystic type
- Ameloblastoma, extraosseous/ peripheral type
- Metastasizing (malignant) ameloblastoma
- Squamous odontogenic tumor
- Calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor
- Mixed (Epithelial-Mesenchymal) origin
- Ameloblastic fibroma
- Primordial odontogenic tumor
- Compound type
- Complex type
- Dentinogenic ghost cell tumor
- Mesenchymal origin
- Odontogenic fibroma
- Odontogenic myxoma/myxofibroma
- Cemento-ossifying fibroma
Odontogenic Tumor Market, by Diagnosis
- Computerized tomography scan (also called a CT or CAT scan)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Odontogenic Tumor Market, by Treatment
- Radiation therapy
Odontogenic Tumor Market, by End-User
- Dental laboratories
- Dental hospitals and clinics
- Dental academic and research institutes
Odontogenic Tumor Market, by Region
- North America
- South America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Middle East
- Dental suppliers
- Dental prosthetics and implant manufacturers
- Dental hospitals and clinics
- Dental laboratories and associations
- Healthcare providers
- Medical device manufacturers
- Research institutes and academic centers
- Government associations
- Market research and consulting
| Market Size
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
| Historical Data
| Forecast Units
||Value (USD Million)
| Report Coverage
||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
| Geographies Covered
||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
||Midwest dental Inc, Burkhart Dental Supply Co., Inc, Delta Dental Plans Association, Patterson Dental Supply, Inc, DeCare Dental, LLC, Oral Cancer Prevention International, Inc, Zila, Inc, Altima Dental Canada, Inc, OraTec Corporation, Oral health innovation Ltd, Senior Dental Care, LLC, and Amerident Dental Inc
| Key Market Opportunities
||Increasing disposable income, and growing healthcare expenditure.
| Key Market Drivers
||Despite the drivers, factors such as unfavorable reimbursement scenario and stringent regulatory process for the approval of odontogenic dental equipment may hamper the growth of the market during the assessment period.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Odontogenic tumor market would achieve a CAGR of 7.30% during the forecast period (2023-2030).
Odontogenic tumor market would be prevented by unfavorable reimbursement scenario and strict regulations regarding tools.
Odontogenic tumor market has players like Burkhart Dental Supply Co., Inc, Midwest dental Inc, Patterson Dental Supply, Inc, Delta Dental Plans Association, Oral Cancer Prevention International, Inc, DeCare Dental, LLC, Senior Dental Care, LLC, Altima Dental Canada, Inc, Zila, Inc, Oral health innovation Ltd, OraTec Corporation, and Amerident Dental Inc.
Hospitals, dental academics, dental laboratories, dental clinics, and research institutes are segments included in the odontogenic tumor market.
Odontogenic tumor market report includes magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography scan (also called a CT or CAT scan), and biopsy.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.