Nano Biotechnology Market Forecast
The Nano Biotechnology Market is expected to cross USD 9,500 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 10.0%.
Nano Biotechnology Market Overview:
Nano biotechnology combines nano technology and biotechnology including special physicochemical and biological properties of nanostructures and their applications in numerous fieldslike medicine and agriculture. Nanobiotechnology is one of the most promising technologies in the 21st century. It plays a major role in developing and implementing many useful tools in the study of life. Its application in medicine involves disease diagnosis, target-specific drug delivery and molecular imaging. It also has application in agriculture and food. The factors such as increasing demand for the innovative drug in the pharmaceutical industry, rise in the application of nano biotechnology electronics, energy production and biomaterials and increased research & development investment are the key drivers of the nano biotechnology market.
Nano biotechnology is a unique fusion of nano medicine and biotechnology in which classical micro technology is merged with a molecular biological approach. It has potential for advancement in medical science, thereby improving healthcare practices worldwide. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic highlight the importance of vaccines. The nano biotechnology can be useful for the development of vaccines in less period. It also helps to offer new formulations of drugs that have fewerside effects. In the future, nano biotechnology will help develop new materials and devices with application in medicine, biomaterials, electronics, and energy production.
COVID-19 Analysis of Nano Biotechnology Market
The current pandemic of COVID-19 disease has affected people across the globe and resulted in the shutdown of operational facilities worldwide. The healthcare industry faced unprecedented encounters during the lockdown phase. The manufacturing units were shut down, affecting the production of medical devices and other healthcare products. Also, the supply chain of the medical products was affected, leading to the increase in warehouse inventory of the manufactured products. This COVID-19 pandemic is also creating opportunities for the companies involved in the nano biotechnology market. The rapid testing kits for COVID-19 antigen detection can be developed with the help of nano biotechnology. It will help diagnose the disease in less period. Currently, there areno efficient medications available in the nano biotechnology market to cure COVID-19. With the help of nano biotechnology, innovative medicines can be developed.
Nano Biotechnology Market Dynamics
Increasing investment in nano biotechnology research
- Nano biotechnology is attracting high investment from industry and governments around the globe. The nano biotechnology-related R&D investments by numerous government organizations haveincreased in the last years. The companies are majorly investing in R&D activities to launch advanced products in the market. Theseadvanced products help companies to gain a competitive advantage in the nano biotechnology market.
- Nano biotechnology has numerous applications in various sectors. Therefore the companies from these sectors are planning to invest heavily in nano biotechnology. Pharmaceutical companies are investing in developing nanomedicines. For instance, in August 2019, Spago Nanomedical (Sweden) initiated the clinical trial SPAGOPIX-0, a tumor-selective contrast agent. These nanomedicines are used to prevent and treat various chronic diseases such as cancer and heart diseases.
High demand for treatment of chronic diseases
- Nano biotechnology has a high demand for the treatment of various chronic diseases such as cancers, tuberculosis, neurogenerative diseases and cardiovascular diseases worldwide. Tuberculosis is a leading cause of death globally. It kills millions of people around the globe. Nano biotechnology is being used in the making of TB drugs. The intravenous administration of Clofazimine formulated as a nano suspension shows a significant reduction in mycobacterial infection. Nanomaterials alone or in combination with other drugs are being used to treat tuberculosis
- The prevalence of neurogenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease is increasing among the aging population worldwide. Nanomaterials are being used to treat these neurogenerative diseases to enhance the delivery of various molecules across the blood-brain barrier for diagnosis and therapy. Nano technology also has the potential to diagnose, image and treat numerous cancers.
Nano Biotechnology Market Opportunities
Increasing application of nano biotechnology in numerous industries
- Nano biotechnology has various applications in numerous industries. It is being used in pharmaceuticals, medicine, medical devices, food and agriculture applications. Nano biotechnology is used for the development of new therapeutic and diagnostic devices. It is also being used to enhance pharmacokinetics, biopharmaceutical properties of drugs, and drug delivery. It can be used to develop diagnostic devices for accurately test blood for disease markers
- Nano technology also has various applications in the agriculture sector, such as pesticide delivery systems through bioactive nanoencapsulation and edible thin films to preserve fruit, biosensors to detect and quantify pathogens. It is being used for genetic modification of plants for higher yield.
Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases among people
- The growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as neurovascular and cardiovascular diseases is opening up avenues for nano biotechnology market. It is estimated that aboutone in three of all adults around the globe suffers from multiple chronic conditions. Cardiovascular diseases are increasing due to numerous reasons such as high blood pressure, smoking, high cholesterol, diabetes and others.The prevalence of cancer is increasing due to the rise in obesity among adolescents and young adults.The burden of cancer is increasing around the globe
- Nano biotechnology offers some exciting possibilities to treat cardiovascular diseases. The researchers are testing the use of nanoparticles containing mRNA to heal the surface of arteries, application of nanotube fibers to damaged heart tissue and cardiac stem cells to damaged heart tissue
Nano Biotechnology Market Restraints
High cost of the R&D
- The high cost of the nano biotechnology R&DR&D is hampering the growth of the nano biotechnology market. With the help of R&D activities, new products are developed. It helps to solve new or existing problems or develop updated products.
- Pharmaceutical companies spend around 17% of their revenues on R&D activities. In the pharmaceutical industry, the development of new medicine is a lengthy and costly process for companies worldwide. It has become extremely difficult to find drugs forchallenging diseases. Thus, it becomes more expensive to develop new treatments.
- Nano biotechnology is a multi-strategic technique that combines nanotechnology and biotechnology and has the potential to advance medical science, thereby improving healthcare practice around the globe. Various techniques are used in nano biotechnology to overcome the problems in the healthcare industry. Nanomedicine is the use of nanomaterial for the diagnosis, monitoring, control, prevention and treatment of diseases. Nanoscel agents are being developed for the treatment of numerous kinds of diseases. Nanomedicine'smost common application is employing nanoparticles to enhance the action of drugs in treatment. Nanomaterials are also being used for the development of novel, tunable medical devices for various applications. Such technologies are driving the global nano biotechnology market and are estimated to grow rapidly in the forecast timeline.
Nano Biotechnology Market Segment OverviewBy ApplicationPharmaceuticals
- Nano biotechnology is being used for the development of new medicines for various diseases. It is useful in making important medicine formulations. It is helpful in target-specific drug delivery, which is helpful in treating chronic diseases.
- Nanomaterials developed using nano biotechnology enable the development of novel, tunable medical devices for various applications. These devices involve in vitro diagnostic devices, wound dressings, orthopedic and dental implants, stents, bone void fillers, vascular grafts, vascular closure devices, embolization protection devices, catheters,and heart valves.
- Nano biotechnology has the potential to advance medical science. It provides numerous tools that are capable of monitoring individual cells at the level of individual molecules. These tools help researchers to investigate and monitor molecular and cellular functions.
Food and Agriculture
- Nano biotechnology has vivid applications in the food and agriculture industry. Nanofertilzers developed using nano biotechnology help to enhance plant growth. Nanofungicides, nanopesticides (control pests), nanoinsecticides (against insects), and nanoherbicides (control weeds in the field) are the output of advanced nanobiotechnological research.
- By Therapeutics
- Nano biotechnology has numerous applications in dental practices. It involves therapy for dentin hypersensitivity, dentition renaturalization, complete orthodontic realignment, enhancing properties of root canal sealers, covalently bonding diamondized enamel, and continuous oral health maintenance using mechanical dental nanorobots.
- Nano biotechnology has various applications in cardiac therapies, such as the ability to treat defective heart valves, detect and treat arterial plaque and help researchers design better treatments.
- Nano technology has the capability to develop advanced diagnostic and treatment options for orthopedic surgery. It is used in the development of orthopedic implants for patients.
- Nano biotechnology market also has various applications in numerous therapeutic treatments, such as pulmonary regeneration. It helps patients to overcome different problems associated with the body.
Nano Biotechnology Market Regional AnalysisNorth America
High investments in the R&D projects across the region are driving the growth of the North American nano biotechnology market: North Americaholds the largest share in nano biotechnology market in 2021. This share is attributed to high investments in R&D projects, well-established research organizations for product development, government initiatives for strengthening the healthcare system and increasing demand from end users. The prominent players are involved in investment in R&D of new products for business growth.
High demand for technologically advanced products and established R&D facilities fueling the EuropeNano Biotechnology Market: The Europe nano biotechnology market is accounted to hold a significant market share in 2021. High demand for technologicallyadvanced products and well-established R&D facilities are the key factors supporting nano biotechnology market growth. Moreover, factors such as government support, significant investments by industry players, and innovation of new products equipped with the latest technology are further accelerating nano biotechnology market growth.
Nano Biotechnology Market- Competitive Landscape
- Ablynx (Belgium) is one of the leading players in the nano biotechnology market that is dedicated to creating new medicines. The company had launched its first product Caplacizumb for the treatment of acquired TTP in Germany in October 2018. The company also offers Nanobody, small size and unique structure molecules,a suitable building block for generating novel biological drugs with multiple advantages.
- The industry players are coming up with various business strategies to increase nano biotechnology market presence. The companies are significantly investing in R&D activities to expand their product portfolio, further driving the nano biotechnology market. In addition, the market players are engaged in several strategic initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions, contractual agreements, new product launches, increasing investments, and partnering with other players to expand their global footprint.
List of companies with HQ
- Ablynx (Belgium)
- Nami Therapeutics (US)
- Celgene Corporation (US)
- Nanophase Technologies Corporation (US)
- Sigma-Aldrich (US)
- SkyePharma Pharmaceuticals (France)
- Nano Bridging Molecules SA (Switzerland)
- XanTecbioanalytics GmbH (Germany)
- Dabur Pharma (India)
- In May 2021, Nanobiotix (France) formed a partnership with LianBio (China) to develop and commercialize potential first-in-class radioenhancer nbtxr3 across tumor types and therapeutic combinations in China and other Asian markets
- In June 2018, Sanofi (France) completed the acquisition of Ablynx, a biopharmaceutical company based in Ghent, Belgium. Ablynxdevelops proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments
- The study covers the existing short-term and long-term market effects. It helps decision-makers to draught short-term and long-term business plans by region. The report covers major regions in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The report analyzes market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, Porter's five forces, value chain, and impact of COVID-19 on the market.
Scope of the Nano Biotechnology Market Report
- The scope of the global nano biotechnology market study includes market size analysis and a detailed analysis of the manufacturer's products and strategies. The market is segmented on the basis of application, therapeutics, and region.
Market SegmentationGlobal Nano Biotechnology Market,By Application
- Medical Devices
- Medical Research
- Food and Agriculture
Global Nano Biotechnology Market, By Therapeutics
- Dental Therapies
- Cardiac Therapies
- Orthopedic Therapies
Global Nano Biotechnology Market, by Region
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Rest of the World
- Middle East
- Latin America