Global Mobile Tablets in Healthcare Market is expected to cross 30 million units in 2018 at a CAGR of 3.8% from 2019 to 2025.
The healthcare industry has visualized embracing tablets and is leveraging the innovative technologies and features essential to these types of mobile devices in the industry. These tablets have the ability to gather and access information with the touch of a fingertip and are portable so healthcare professional can get their data on the go. These tablets are proving to be of major assistance for those working in the healthcare sector and is a trend that is transforming the healthcare industry.
Further, the launch of the first truly portable, user-friendly and user experience (UX) rich tablet the Apple iPad, a radical device in terms of mobile computing is altering the way in which the healthcare industry operates.
The rapid adoption of tablets by healthcare professionals.
- Increasing use of healthcare apps by healthcare professionals and patients.
- Increasing prevalence of diseases globally & pressure to evolve as an industry.
- The pharmaceutical industry followed a trend by developing apps and tablet-friendly mobile web sites, which offered important information about the drugs to doctors, patients, and nurses alike.
- The capability to access drug-related information on the go as well as a patient’s allergic information at the same time benefits doctors and pharmacists to avoid issuing and prescribing medicine to patients which may cause them harm, thus saving lives and costly healthcare expenditure in treating undesirable drug interactions
- Prompt availability on the patient, disease, and treatment information results in fewer cases of misdiagnosis. Further, quicker and safer drug prescriptions, faster approvals for RX and OTC will relate in reduction in medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Further, the biotech industry soon started adopting tablets for field-level monitoring, collecting observation data, and quick image capture using highly advanced tablet cameras.
- High costs of devices.
- Technicality related to tablets and applications
- Patient Monitoring and Data Collection: This is the largest segment of the market. It is a system that utilizes observational study methods for collecting clinical as well as non-clinical patient data for evaluation of specified outcomes for a population that is defined by a particular disease, condition, or exposure, and that serves predetermined clinical, scientific, or policy purposes. As its applications prove to save huge time, it is one of the most important segments for healthcare professionals. Thus, it is expected to be the largest segment in the mobile tablets in healthcare market by application.
- Prescribing & Issuing Medicine: Drugstores owners followed by doctors and nurses looked for better, more efficient, and more opportunities to serve consumers & patients. Drug stores began using tablets to offer prescription and non-prescription drugs and provide store and pharmacy locations as well as drug-related information to patients. Further, fast and timely approval of Rx refills and Rx authorizations means the variance between life and death in many cases will improve, and this is an area wherein smartphones and tablets can help in reducing the turnaround time required by doctors to approve the requests from pharmacies and patients approximately by 90%.Hence, this application is proving to be one of the largest applications in the mobile tablets in healthcare market.
- Dashboard and Reports: This segment is expected to be one of the important segments in the market as it covers patients, prescriptions, diagnostics, legal, financial, and operational information summaries, and details.
- Appointment Scheduling: This segment includes doctor and nurse visits, laboratory tests, reminders, rescheduling, cancellations and delegation, doctor to assistant/junior doctor, nurse, etc. With the use of smartphones and tablets the above-mentioned applications will be very effective in terms of misunderstandings, patient waiting time, emergency cases/ tests. Hence, this segment is expected to be one of the fastest-growing segments in the mobile tablets in healthcare market.
- Hospitals and Clinics: Hospital-based registries contain data of all patients diagnosed and treated for different diseases at a healthcare facility. The focus of the hospital-based disease registry is on improving patient care at the respective hospital. These registries also focus on administrative processes, clinical research, and professional education. The data collected in a disease registry is stripped of personal information. It belongs to the sponsor of the registry, and depending on how the registry is set up, may be shared with the patients and their families, and approved by healthcare professionals and researchers. However, personal, identifying information is kept private. Usually, a registry has a governing committee that makes decisions about how the data can be used or shared. Thus, the hospital segment in end users is expected to dominate the market as hospital registries are concentrating on the continuous improvement of patient care in the hospital through the adoption of mobile tablets and apps.
- Government Organizations & Research Centers: Mobile tablets in the healthcare industry have multiple uses. For example, registries for rare diseases can be used to establish the basic characteristics of the disease, how it is managed in clinics, and what outcomes people experience. Other uses include helping measure clinical effectiveness of treatments in ‘real world’ settings and investigating the quality of patient care and owing to these benefits to improve the health of the nation. Government funding is available for patient registries as they are responsible for the nation’s overall health improvement. Further, in research centers data is particularly important in the case of rare diseases conditions; they are key to gathering enough patient data to make clinical research possible. Rare disease registries can be used to investigate how many people have a condition, how to improve patient care, assist healthcare planning, and facilitate the planning of clinical trials.
- Others: This segment includes ambulatory surgical centers and pharmacists’ laboratories.
- Americas: The largest regional market as the adoption of mobile tablets in healthcare is high in the Americas. The region also has a well-established healthcare industry which leads to technological development.
- Europe: Increasing technological trends and healthcare infrastructure are leading to a rise in the number of mobile tablets sued in healthcare facilities.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market, Asia-Pacific sees a surge due to increasing government initiatives for the implementation of advanced device & healthcare IT in major hospitals and clinics. Thus, resulting in huge opportunity for healthcare IT in the region.
- Middle East & Africa: The smallest market due to poor healthcare infrastructure.
- Hewlett-Packard (US)
- Barco (Belgium)
- Apple Inc (US)
- Microsoft Corporation (US)
- Samsung Group (South Korea)
- Sand Dune Ventures, Inc (US)
- Zebra Technologies Corp (US)
- Teguar Computers (US)
- Advantech Co., Ltd (Taiwan)
- ARBOR Technology Corp (Taiwan)
- Dell (US)
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc (Taiwan)
- HCL Technologies (India)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Mobile tablets in healthcare market had a volume of 30 million units in 2018.
Mobile tablets in healthcare market would attain a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period.
Patient monitoring & data collection type would lead mobile tablets in healthcare market.
Mobile tablets in healthcare market would be dominated by hospitals & clinics segment.
The complexity of the operation and high cost of the software can prevent mobile tablets in healthcare market growth.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.