Medical Drones’ Market is expected to worth USD 398 Million by 2025 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 24.4% during the forecast period (2019 to2025).
Medical drones help in the transport of medical supplies such as vaccines, medications, and medical aids. These drones are deployed in remote or inaccessible areas for the rapid & secure distribution of medical supplies and the war-torn regions from medical facilities.
In recent years, the usage of medical drones has been seeking the attention of healthcare providers and governments to offer better healthcare services to remote locations. These drones help in on-time delivery of vaccines, medication, blood, and supplies to the origin and thereby reduce the outbreaks of life-threatening infectious diseases.
How can this technology help in improving safety and care delivery?
- Bedside medication delivery
- Effective treatment from the distance
- Easy reach to an isolated place
- Pre-treatment facility till the time emergency service arrives at takeover
Most of the key players in the market are focusing on developing medical drones to deliver medical supplies to far distances. For instance, in 2016, a Nevada based start-up Flirtey delivered medical test materials and supplies to and from an offshore vessel. This was the first successful ship to shore delivery in the U.S.
Increasing investments by key players in R&D is the key factor driving the growth of the Global Medical Drones’ Market.
- Rising participation of Governments in various countries: Active involvement of local governments towards the deployment of drone service to remote and isolated areas is boosting the growth of the market. For instance, in 2018, the government of Ghana has signed an agreement with Zipline (US) for the deployment of drones throughout the country to provide medical supplies to untapped regions
- Increasing application of drone for the supply of medical products such as blood, pharmaceuticals/drugs, and vaccines are anticipated to propel the market growth during the forecast period
- Technological advancements to improving the accuracy of medical drones during emergency cases backed by R&D activities by key players
- Rising public acceptance of medical drone is also driving the growth of the medical drone’s market
- Medical drones. Medical drones are not allowed to fly without the permission of the government. Thus, product approval laws are expected to restrict the growth of the medical drone’s market during the forecast period.
- Blood Transfer: Rising incidence of severe bleeding deaths is boosting the demand for medical drones. The blood transfer segment is anticipated to show a growth rate of ~24% during the analysis period. According to the MRFR analysis, each year, around 60,000 Americans die from blood loss or hemorrhaging. Moreover, around 2 million people die across the globe.
- Pharmaceutical/Drugs Transfer: The increasing focus of key medical drones vendors towards the development of drones for medication delivery is boosting the growth of this segment.
- Vaccines Transfer: This segment is mainly on the drones that are associated with the delivery of the vaccine.
- Emergency Medical Services: This segment held the largest market share in 2018, owing to continues advancements in technology. For instance, in 2019, an automated drone’s delivery company Zipline (US), has planned for the expansion of a medical drone network into Ghana for emergency services.
- Blood Banks: Owing to poor road conditions, transporting blood in underdeveloped countries is a huge task. Medical drones carry blood, plasma, and platelets from blood banks to remote hospitals and clinics.
- Americas: The Americas held the largest regional market in 2018, owing to rising technology advancement. Moreover, the governments in this region are also promoting the acceptance of medical drones, as a result, players are aggressively working to develop advanced drones. In October 2019, United Parcel Services (US) received an authority from the Federal Aviation Administration to deliver medical packages at hospitals across the country.
- Europe: The European market is expected to be the second-largest market in 2025. The market growth in this region can be attributed to government funding and support to the healthcare sector, coupled with increasing research and development.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region for the medical drones market owing to the improving healthcare infrastructure, rising investments in healthcare, and expansions by market players in the region. Also, countries such as India and China are expected to be the fastest-growing in the region due to the focus of governments towards the adoption of new technologies and faster adoption of best treatment options from developed countries.
- Middle East & Africa: It is projected to account for the least share of the global market due to an underdeveloped healthcare sector.
- DJI (China)
- DHL (Germany)
- Embention (Spain)
- Flirtey (US)
- Matternet (US)
- Vayu (US)
- Zipline (US)
- EHang (China)
- TUDelft (Netherlands)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The valuation of the global medical drones market is estimated to reach USD 398 MN by 2025.
The global medical drones market is projected to grow at approximately 24.4% CAGR during the forecast period (2019-2025).
Active involvement of local governments towards the deployment of drone service to remote and isolated areas.
North America holds the largest share in the global Medical drones market, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific, respectively.
DHL (Germany), DJI (China), Embention (Spain), Matternet (US), Flirtey (US), Vayu (US), EHang (China), Zipline (US), and TUDelft (Netherlands), are some of the major players operating in the medical drones market.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.