Hospital Gowns Market Forecast
The market size of global hospital gowns was estimated at USD 3.01 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 5.02 Billion by 2027. It is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2020 to 2027.
A hospital gown is a long easy fitting and hanging material of clothing worn by patients, hospital staff, doctors, and surgeons. These are usually made of fabric resistant to repetitive laundering in hot water and can be tied at the back with twill tape ties. Hospital gowns reduce the risk of getting contamination and transmission of infections or diseases from one patient to another.
With the rising number of surgical procedures, an increasing number of COVID-19 cases, a growing number of hospital-acquired infections, and various initiatives referring to hospital gowns are taken by dominant players, the market for hospital gowns are expected to grow at a significant rate in the coming years. Furthermore, with continuous assessment of the impact on COVID-19 outbreak, essential sources and strategic suppliers, include those in the feedback to the disease such as Personal Protective Equipment.
Rising cases of COVID-19, are expected to create huge demand for personal protective equipment, including hospital gowns.
Hospital Gowns Market Drivers
- Increasing demand for personal protective equipment, including hospital gowns, due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Growth of hospital-acquired infections in hospitals, clinics, diagnostics labs caused by a viral, fungal and bacterial pathogens. According to the US Centers for Disease and Prevention,5% to 10% acquire hospital-acquired infections among 1.7 million hospitalized patients annually while being treated
- Usage of disposable laboratory coats to avoid the spread of contagious diseases. According to the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology and ASTM, hospital gown features could have moderate to very high impact on 48% healthcare workers' compliance among 1,498 infection control professionals.
- Patient safety and hygiene with the advancement in the healthcare infrastructure are expected to create great opportunities.
- Increasing measures by the government towards the safety of patients is one of the sustaining factors for the growth of the hospital gowns market in the future.
Hospital Gowns Market Segmentation
- Re-usage of hospital gowns.
- Availability of fake or counterfeit products
- Government regulations regarding the material being used for the hospital gowns.
- Surgical Gowns: The growing endorsement of surgical gowns to prevent surgeons and patients from surgical site infection is the key factor driving the growth of this market.
- Non-surgical Gowns: These gowns are used to keep clothing from getting contaminated. They are fluid-resistant and keep body fluids away from clothing.
- Patient Gowns: With the increase in the number of rising cases of COVID 19 and hospital-acquired infections, it is the fastest-growing segment.
By Risk Type
- Minimal Risk: The minimal risk hospital gowns are inclined to register the highest CAGR due to the large application scope of minimal gowns, such as their usage in the basic care unit, standard hospital unit, medical unit, and also for academic and research purposes.
- Low Risk: These provide a boundary to larger amounts of fluid penetration through splatter and some fluid exposure through soaking. They are used in intensive care units and pathology labs.
- Moderate Risk: These provide a barrier to large amounts of fluid infiltration through excess fluid exposure and are used in the Emergency room and Trauma.
- High Risk: These help in penetration of all fluids along with virus penetration. These gowns are used for pathogen resistance, infectious diseases, and a large amount of fluid exposure over long periods.
- Disposable Gowns: Disposable gowns are expected to command a leading share in the hospital gowns market because of cost-effectiveness and safety assertion.
- Reusable Gowns: Reusable gowns are made up of polyester and can be safely laundered according to routine procedures and reused. Hence, the market for reusable gowns is expected to at a significant rate during the forecast period
- America: The Americas is expected to dominate the global market for the hospital gowns market throughout the assessment period. An increase in the number of surgeries in this region with a widening basis of workers is likely to boost the growth of the regional market.
- Europe: The market holds the second-largest position in the global hospital gowns market. An increasing number of surgical procedures and high rates of COVID 19 cases are the key contributing factors for the growth of the market in this region.
- Asia Pacific: Asia Pacific is estimated to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. The penetration of major players in this region and the increasing number of hospitals & diagnostics centers are likely to trigger the growth of the regional market.
- The Middle East and Africa: The market is expected to grow owing to rising interest of government on providing proper medical supplies and equipment, including hospital gowns to the hospitals in advanced countries such as the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar, among others
Hospital Gowns Market Key Players
- Medline Industries Inc.
- Standard Textile Co. Inc.
- Angelica Corporation
- AmeriPride Services Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Atlas Infiniti
- Bellcross Industries Pvt Ltd.
- Sara Health Care
Speak to Analyst
Ask for Customization
2027: USD 5.02 Billion
Value (USD Billion)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type, Risk Type and Usability
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Medline Industries Inc. (US), Standard Textile Co. Inc. (US), Angelica Corporation (US), AmeriPride Services Inc. (US), Cardinal Health (US), 3M (US), Atlas Infiniti (India), Bellcross Industries Pvt. Ltd. (India), Priontex (South Africa), Sara Healthcare (India).
Key Market Opportunities
Rising cases of COVID-19, are expected to create Huge Demand for Personal Protective Equipment, including Hospital Gowns.
Key Market Drivers
Growth of Hospital-Acquired Infections in Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostics Labs caused by a Viral, Fungal and Bacterial Pathogens. Usage of Disposable Laboratory coats to avoid the spread of Contagious Diseases. Patient Safety and Hygiene with the advancement in the Healthcare Infrastructure are expected to create Great Opportunities. Increasing measures by the Government towards the safety of patients is one of the sustaining factors for the growth of the Hospital Gowns Market in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The Hospital gowns market can expand at 6.6% CAGR by 2027.
By 2027, the Hospital gowns market value can exceed 5.02 Billion.
Cardinal Health, 3M, and AmeriPride Services Inc. are some reputed names in the Hospital gowns market.
The rise in COVID 19 cases can promote the Hospital gowns market.
Reusability can restrain the Hospital gowns market.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.