Gardening Tools Market size is projected to reach 112.09 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 4.51% from 2019 to 2027. The market is fragmented and consists of numerous diversified international and regional players. Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Husqvarna Group, Griffon Corporation, and Fiskars Group are among the key gardening tools industry players. These international players are controlling the market due to their wide product portfolio, high quality, competitive pricing, and market reach. Several manufacturers have also launched innovative and technologically advanced tools used for gardening to meet the needs of smart gardening. For instance, in February 2019, Husqvarna AB launched the new Automower 435X AWD, an AI-enabled, robotic mower with all-wheel drive and smart home connectivity. The fully autonomous robotic lawn mower is designed to manage rough terrains and slopes with an incline of up to 70%, and works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home, and provides an open API for smart home integration. Thus, the increasing availability of new products may encourage consumers to invest in garden tools, thereby driving the growth of the global gardening tools market during the forecast period. In addition, the international players are expected to expand their geographic presence by acquiring regional and local players.
Garden tools can be divided into hand tools and power tools. Lawnmowers, turf and grounds equipment, trimmers and edgers, shears, pruners, hammers, spades, and weeders are among the commonly used gardening tools. The rising adoption of gardening tools and equipment for residential and commercial applications is driving the gardening tools market growth. Gardening or lawn care is a popular leisure activity for the elderly, which is supporting the demand for gardening tools in households. However, the increasing prices of advanced tools may hamper the gardening tools market size to some extent. Nevertheless, manufacturers in the gardening tools industry are introducing innovative products such as robotic lawnmowers, battery-powered hand tools, and GPS-equipped lawnmowers to help customers save time and energy.
- Availability of various multipurpose garden tools with ergonomic designs
- Increasing application of gardening tools and equipment in the commercial sector: The demand for gardening tools for trimming, cutting, and maintaining commercial gardens and lawns such as sports fields and golf courses is increasing due to infrastructure development. Additionally, government regulations pertaining to the maintenance of green spaces and public parks are fueling the growth of the market.
- Rising prices of advanced gardening tools
- Power Tools: The largest and fastest-growing segment of the gardening tools market. Power tools consist of lawnmowers, turf and grounds equipment, trimmers and edgers, blowers, vacuums, and sweepers. These are mainly used by commercial end-users such as landscape service providers to maintain lawns, commercial gardens, and public parks. Power tools are relatively easy to operate and help save time due to which they are preferred by consumers.
- Hand Tools: Hand tools include basic gardening tools such as shears, pruners, hammers, spades, shovels, trowels, weeders, and axes used for pruning, striking, and digging. The growing trend of gardening as a leisure activity is supporting the growth of the segment.
- Lawn Mowers: Lawnmowers are mainly used for lawn care. They are used to mow gardens, yards, and residential lawns. The widespread use of the equipment to maintain public facilities, such as parks, schools, and sports fields, is likely to drive market growth. The rising demand for landscaping services in developed countries, such as the US, is also expected to augment market growth.
- Blowers, Vacuums, & Sweepers: These gardening tools are used for clearing leaves and litter on pavements and in parks, gardens, grounds, and playgrounds. Growing consumer inclination towards gardening or lawn maintenance as a hobby drives the growth of the segment. Blowers, vacuums, and sweepers are also used for commercial purposes such as cleaning public parks and gardens.
- Pruning Tools: Shears, pruners, loppers, and handsaws are used for cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems to encourage plant growth.
- Striking & Digging Tools: Hammers, axes, mattocks, shovels, and spades are the commonly used tools for striking and digging.
- Others: The other segment includes hoes, trowels, weeders, rakes, and pitchforks for general garden maintenance.
- Residential: The practice of gardening as a leisure activity has led to increased spending on specialized tools and equipment. Rise in consumer interest in home gardening and the availability of multipurpose tools are driving the growth of the global gardening tools market.
- Commercial: Commercial gardening tools are used for the maintenance of large-scale commercial properties and public gardens and parks. They include lawnmowers, blowers, vacuums and sweepers, and trimmers and edgers. The growing focus on lawn and garden beautification in commercial spaces is increasing due to a focus on aesthetic value. This is expected to boost the demand for commercial gardening tools during the forecast period.
By Distribution Channel
- Store-Based: Store-based retailers account for the majority sales of gardening tools. The segment has been further divided into hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, and others. In 2018, hypermarkets and supermarkets sub-segment dominated the gardening tools market.
- Non-Store-Based: Consumers are increasingly purchasing gardening tools online through e-commerce portals as they provide product and brand variety along with attractive offers. Hence, the non-store-based segment is projected to register a higher CAGR during the forecast period.
- North America: In 2018, North America dominated the global gardening tools market and the regional market is projected to register a moderate CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to stringent government regulations for the maintenance of public green spaces and gardens which has raised the demand for landscaping services.
- Europe: Infrastructure development and a focus on recreational activities are expected to drive the sales of gardening tools. In addition, the trend of backyard cooking and garden parties is fueling the demand for gardening tools in Europe.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing regional market for gardening tools. The rise in the construction of residential properties is projected to boost the demand for gardening tools such as lawnmower, shears, pruners, hammers, spades, shovels, trowels, weeders, and axes. Additionally, the demand for gardening tools is expected to be fueled by the need to increase the aesthetic appeal of commercial spaces such as malls and offices.
- Rest of the World: The demand for maintenance and management of green spaces and public facilities, such as parks, schools, and sports fields in South America and the Middle East is likely to drive the gardening tools market growth.
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (US)
- Fiskars Group (Finland)
- Husqvarna AB (Sweden)
- Griffon Corporation (US)
- Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG (Germany)
- CobraHead LLC (US)
- Lasher Tools (South Africa)
- Zenport Industries (US)
- Bully Tools, Inc. (US)
- Corporacion Patricio Echeverria, S.A. (Spain)
- Ray Padula Holdings, LLC (US)
- Garden Tool Company (UK)
- American Lawn Mower Co (US)
- Root Assassin LLC (US)
- SNA Europe (Sweden)
USD 112.09 Billion
4.51% (2020 to 2027)
Value (USD Billion)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Type, Product, End-Use and Distribution Channel
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (US), Fiskars Group (Finland), Husqvarna AB (Sweden), Griffon Corporation (US), Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG (Germany), CobraHead LLC (US), Lasher Tools (South Africa), Zenport Industries (US), Bully Tools, Inc. (US), Corporacion Patricio Echeverria, S.A. (Spain), Ray Padula Holdings, LLC (US), Garden Tool Company (UK), American Lawn Mower Co (US), Root Assassin LLC (US), SNA Europe (Sweden)
Key Market Opportunities
The rising adoption of gardening tools and equipment for residential and commercial applications is driving the gardening tools market growthGardening or lawn care is a popular leisure activity for the elderly, which is supporting the demand for gardening tools in households
Key Market Drivers
The demand for gardening tools for trimming, cutting, and maintaining commercial gardens and lawns such as sports fields and golf courses is increasing due to infrastructure development
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Gardening Tools Market is projected to grow at a 4.2% CAGR between 2019-2025.
North America is expected to dominate the Gardening Tools Market.
Gardening Tools Market is predicted to touch USD 10.5 billion by 2025.
Commercial segment will lead the Gardening Tools Market.
Rising prices of tools may limit the Gardening Tools Market growth.