Global Conductive Textile Market is projected to register over 16.3% CAGR to reach around USD 5.4 Billion by 2027.
Conductive textiles can be defined as fabrics that are coated or blended with conductive metals, including titanium, nickel, and copper. The type of fabric used in conductive textiles includes nylon, cotton, and polyester. Conductive fabrics offer both electrical properties and the softness of the fabric.
Conductive fabrics are used in numerous applications, including conductive threads, fabric sheets, aerospace textiles, and metal mesh. The conductive fabrics are being widely used to control electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding and static dissipation. The growth of the global conductive textiles market is primarily driven by the increasing applications in the healthcare, sports, and military & defense industries. The growing popularity of wearable devices to monitor health is likely to be the key factor fuelling the demand for conductive textiles.
The rapidly growing end-use industries in the developing countries of Asia-Pacific is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the players operating in the global conductive textile market.
However, the high cost associated with the finished products is likely to affect market growth.
- Growing demand in the military & defense industry
- Expanding healthcare industry
- Increasing adoption of smart fabrics in numerous applications
By Fabric Type
- Nylon: Nylon fabric is being used in various applications owing to its superior properties, such as abrasion resistance, high strength, and damage resistance.
- Cotton: Cotton fabric is preferred in numerous applications owing to its excellent breathability and lightness.
- Polyester: Polyester is the most widely used fabric in producing conductive fabrics owing to properties including high strength, stretch & shrinkage-resistance, and chemical resistance, among others.
By Product Type
- Woven Textile: The woven textile segment accounted for the largest share in 2019. The woven conductive fabric is being used prominently owing to good conductivity & electrical properties.
- Non-Woven Textile: Non-woven textile is more stable and durable as compared to knitted and woven textile.
- Knitted Textile: Knitted textile are used in applications which require stretchable property.
By End-Use Industry
- Military & Defense: The military & defense segment held the largest market share in 2019. Growing demand for performance-enhancing garments in the military sector is driving market growth.
- Healthcare: The healthcare segment is projected to register significant growth during the review period. The growing use of smart textiles in healthcare to monitor the health of the patients is fueling the demand for conductive textiles.
- Sports & Fitness: The demand for conductive textile is increasing in sports fabrics to monitor the body.
- Consumer Electronics: The growing demand for consumer electronics, including smartwatches and augmented reality headsets, is likely to drive the demand for conductive textiles in this segment.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the review period on account of expanding healthcare and military & defense industries. China accounted for the largest share of the conductive textile market in the region. Additionally, the strong presence of the consumer electronics market in China and India is likely to drive market growth.
- North America: The growth of the North American conductive textile market is particularly driven by the established presence of military & defense, healthcare, and consumer electronics industries.
- Europe: The European market growth is expected to be driven by increased investment in R&D in the healthcare industry for technological advancements coupled with expanding geriatric population. Germany accounted for the largest market share in the region.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa: The conductive textile market growth in Latin America and the Middle East & Africa is likely to be driven by increasing spending on healthcare and sports & fitness activities coupled with rising health consciousness among the consumers.
- Toray Industries, Inc (Japan)
- Laird PLC (UK)
- Seiren Co., Ltd (Japan)
- Bekaert (Belgium)
- Shieldex (US)
- Coatex Industries (India)
- Arville (UK)
- Swift Textile Metalizing LLC (US)
- AiQ Smart Clothing (Taiwan)
- Hitek Electronic Materials Ltd (UK)
- Holland Shielding Systems BV (Netherlands)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global Conductive Textile Market would register a growth of 16.3%.
The forecast period of the Global Conductive Textile Market until 2027.
Global Conductive Textile Market will gain a valuation of USD 5.4 Billion by 2027.
Seiren Co., Ltd, Bekaert, Swift Textile Metalizing LLC, Hitek Electronic Materials Ltd are the top players investing in Global Conductive Textile Market.
The study of the Global Conductive Textile Market is studied through the segments of Fabric Type, Product Type, and End-Use Industry.