Speak to Analyst
Request a Free Sample
Bronchodilators Market Overview
The Bronchodilators market is projected to reach USD 31836.16 Million by 2030 at 4.90% CAGR during the forecast period 2022-2030.There has been a rise in the prevalence of COPD and asthma and a high level of technological improvement in bronchodilators in the past few years, which is fueling the global market growth. Also, as bronchodilators are used rigorously for all respiratory disorders, companies are investing in this market.
The increasing initiatives by public and private companies boost market growth. The growing number of clearances and product launches by key players in the market are likely to act as a promising factor for growth in the near future.
- Increase in prevalence of pulmonary disorders
- Growing technological advancements
- The rise in disposable income
- Increasing geriatric population
- Growing government initiatives for creating awareness among the general population
- Increasing mergers and acquisitions by prominent players in the market. For instance, in April 2019, Cipla Technologies entered into an agreement with Pulmatrix Inc. to co-develop a formulation for the treatment of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) in patients with asthma.
- Growing funding by government organizations
- Side effects associated with bronchodilators
- Government regulations related to the safety & efficacy of the bronchodilators
By Drug Type
Adrenergic drugs: Expected to hold the largest share, adrenergic drugs are the most potent bronchodilators approved for clinical use in asthma and obstructive lung disease. Adrenergic bronchodilators dilate bronchial airways by relaxing the muscles that surround the airways.
Anticholinergics: The "anticholinergic" effect of anticholinergic bronchodilators blocks the effect of cholinergic nerves, causing the muscles to relax and airways to dilate.
Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor: Phosphodiesterase inhibitors have long been recognized as being effective drugs for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). They possess both anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator activity in the same molecule.
Combination Drugs: These combination drugs are used if COPD and asthma are not controlled with monotherapy. These combinations involve two long-acting bronchodilators with differing modes of action.
Asthma: Bronchodilators help in relieving asthma by relaxing the muscle bands that tighten around the airways due to which the breathing improves. Bronchodilators also help clear mucus from the lungs. The large market share for asthma is owing to the rising number of patients affected with asthma around the globe.
COPD: Bronchodilators are the primary treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) as they help to alleviate bronchial obstruction and airflow limitation, reduce hyperinflation, and improve emptying of the lung and exercise performance. Due to these reasons, inhaled bronchodilators are the mainstay of the current management of all stages of COPD.
Others: The other segment includes other respiratory disorders and allergic reactions that cause breathing difficulty.
By Mode of Action:
Short-Acting Bronchodilators: This is expected to be the largest segment, owing to its ability to provide quick relief from sudden, unexpected attacks of breathlessness and can be used on a daily basis.
Long-Acting Bronchodilators: These type of bronchodilators helps in controlling the symptoms of asthma by opening the air passage. A major disadvantage of long-acting bronchodilators is that it increases the risk of asthma death. Hence, it should be used only as an added treatment for individuals or patients who use corticosteroids.
By Route of Administration:
Oral: Oral route of administration offers advantages such as ease and simplicity of administration along with control of the delivered dose.
Parenteral: This route of administration includes subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous routes. The advantages of this route of administration include the complete bioavailability of the drug and rapid onset of action. However, there are certain disadvantages such as patient discomfort, the need for sterile conditions, and potential risks to health care practitioners from blood-borne pathogens.
Americas: It is the largest regional market due to rising cases of asthma, increased awareness levels regarding treatment options, and the rising adoption of inhaled therapeutics.
Europe: The growing presence of the developed pharmaceutical industry and the significant demand for asthma-related therapeutics is driving the growth of the bronchodilators market in the Europe region. Additionally, rising cases of COPD and asthma is driving the market growth. An estimated 1.2 million people are living with diagnosed COPD, according to the British Lung Foundation. Moreover, around 2% of the whole population and 4.5% of all people aged over 40 live with diagnosed COPD in the UK.
Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing region in the global bronchodilators market. This region is seeing a surge in the number of people who have asthma and other respiratory disorders.
Middle East & Africa: The smallest market due to limited healthcare infrastructure and limited exposure to technological advancements.
- GlaxoSmithKline (UK)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Merck & Co., Inc. (US)
- Abbott Laboratories (US)
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany)
- AstraZeneca plc (UK)
- Hoffmann LA-Roche AG (Switzerland)
- Teva Pharmaceutical (Israel)
- Pfizer Inc. (US)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The valuation of the global Bronchodilators market is estimated to reach USD 31836.16 Million during the forecast period.
The global Bronchodilators market is projected to grow at approximately 4.90% CAGR during the forecast period.
The rise in disposable income Increasing geriatric population
North America holds the largest share in the global Bronchodilators market, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific, respectively.
Novartis AG (Switzerland), GlaxoSmithKline (UK), Merck & Co., Inc. (US), Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany), Abbott Laboratories (US), AstraZeneca plc (UK), Teva Pharmaceutical (Israel), Hoffmann LA-Roche AG (Switzerland), and Pfizer Inc. (US), are some of the major players operating in the Bronchodilators market.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.
Leading companies partner with us for data-driven Insights.
Kindly complete the form below to receive a free sample of this Report