Body Composition Analyzers Market Forecast
Body Composition Analyzers Market is expected to cross USD 768.59 Million by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.6%.
Body Composition Analyzers Market Synopsis
The increasing obese population and the growing presence of metabolic disorders are set to drive the demand for body composition analyzers during the forecast period.
Body composition is a ratio of compounds such as water, fat mass, and muscle mass in the human body. Body composition analyzers are used to measure the ratio water, fat and muscles present in the body and to calculate their respective values at the point of the examination. These devices help in analyzing increased variations in the body structure for a specific period. The body composition analyzers have applications in the arena of medical research, sports, causal association research studies in the disciplines of nutrition, anthropology, epidemiology, etc.
Strategic mergers & acquisitions and new product launches are also projected to boost market growth with companies looking to strengthen their market positions, expand their product portfolios, and improves their brand images. Many companies are working in collaboration with the government and developing innovative and easy to use body composition analyzers to strengthen its position in the global body composition analyzers market. For instance, in October 2017, SELVAS Healthcare launched AI-based Body Composition Analyzer ACCUNIQ BC380 in the market. This product will help the company to capture the untapped segment.
The increasing number of weight loss clinics and the growing fitness industry are strongly influencing the growth of the Body Composition Analyzers Market and likely to provide favorable conditions for the growth of the market. Demand for body composition analyzers from clinics is significant, and in the future, it is expected to increase due to rising awareness about fitness.
- Rising obese population and growing prevalence of metabolic disorders are anticipated to drive the growth of the body composition analyzers Body Composition Analyzers Market . Body composition analyzers are majorly used for calculating body composition ratio and helping physicians in the diagnosis of medical complications. Globally 39% of the adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese. Moreover, in 2017 about 30.3 million people had diabetes out of which 23.1 million people were diagnosed with diabetes while 7.2 million people remained undiagnosed in the US
- Technological advancements in body composition analyzers segments
- The emergence of advanced body composition analyzers with high accuracy
- The implementation of affordable health care is also responsible for boosting the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Government Initiatives to encourage the adoption of healthy lifestyle
- Increasing demand for easy to use, portable, and cost-effective body composition analyzers is responsible for the growth of the body composition analyzers market.
- The high cost of body composition analyzers is likely to hinder the body composition analyzers market growth.
- Additionally, Inconsistent results are likely to hamper market growth.
Body Composition Analyzers Market Segmentation
By Product Type
- Bioimpedance Analyzer: Bioimpedance analyzers are used for measuring body fat and lean muscle ratio. This segment is likely to hold the largest market share in the global body composition analyzers market.
- Skinfold Calipers: Skinfold clippers are easy to carry and used to measure fat percentage. Skinfold calipers are inexpensive as compare to other body composition analyzing devices. According to MRFR analysis, the cost of popular brands such as Neiko 01408A, EAGems Digital, Sequoia Fitness TrimCal 4000, Clockwise Tools DCLR-0605 Electronic Digital Caliper is around USD 10-20, which is very reasonable as compared to bioimpedance analyzers.
- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry: Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry device is used for measuring bone and soft tissue ratio.
- Hydrostatic Weighing Equipment: This equipment are used for underwater weighing and also used as hydro densitometry. It has numerous applications in Sports Medicine.
- Air Displacement Plethysmography: It is a validated densitometric technique to measure body composition ratio.
- Portable: Portable body composition analyzers are easy to transport from one place to another. This segment is likely to be the fastest-growing segment in the global body composition analyzers market.
- Stationary: Stationary body analyzers are conventional devices and used in the majority of the healthcare facilities for measuring body composition ratio.
- Hospitals: Hospitals and health centers are expected to be the largest segment because hospitals and health centers are usually the primary points for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of individuals.
- Academic and Research Centers: sports medicine and medical research institutes are one of the major end users for body composition analyzers. As there are many
- Consisting of long-term and accurate care for patients suffering from medical complications related to gynecology, this is a fast-growing the body composition analyzers market segment, especially in developed nations.
- Community Health Care Centers: A small segment, these centers provide all primary medications and basic healthcare needs.
- Others: Others segment includes small- and mid-scale healthcare centers, government organizations, and emergency centers.
- Americas: The Americas is the largest regional of body composition analyzers market. An increasing number of obese population and technological advancements in the healthcare sector is also likely to drive the growth of the body composition analyzers market during the assessment period. According to the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System, in 2017, approximately 14.8% of school-going children were suffering from obesity. Additionally, rising awareness about fitness and the importance of physical activities is likely to provide favorable conditions for the growth of the body composition analyzers market.
- Europe: Europe has some of the best healthcare services in the world. Increasing funding from healthcare organizations for preventative healthcare practices and the growing number of healthcare centers in the region is likely to support the growth of Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System body composition analyzers market in the region. Moreover, the rising adoption of new technologies in the sports industry is providing favorable conditions for body composition analyzers market growth.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market for body composition analyzers, Asia-Pacific, has a fast-developing healthcare sector. Additionally, an increasing number of chronic disorders is likely to drive the growth of the body composition analyzers market.
- Middle East & Africa: Despite the developing healthcare infrastructure, body composition analyzers are used at each level of healthcare, such as small, mid and top-level healthcare centers in various procedures, which is responsible for the rising demand for body composition analyzers in the region.
Body Composition Aanalyzers Market Key Players
- Cosmed S.R.L
- GE Healthcare, Inc.
- Hologic Inc.
- Beurer GmbH
- Inbody Co. Ltd.
- Jawon Medical Co., Ltd
- Maltron International Ltd.
- Omron Healthcare, Inc.
- Seca GmbH & Co. Kg.
- Tanita Corporation
- AccuFitness, LLC
Speak to Analyst
Ask for Customization
USD 768.59 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Product Type and End-User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Bodysuit, Cosmed S.R.L, GE Healthcare, Inc., Hologic Inc., Beurer GmbH, Inbody Co. Ltd., Jawon Medical Co., Ltd, Maltron International Ltd., Omron Healthcare, Inc., Seca GmbH & Co. Kg., Tanita Corporation, AccuFitness, LLC, Others
Key Market Opportunities
Demand for body composition analyzers from clinicsIncreasing number of weight loss clinics
Key Market Drivers
Rising obese population and growing prevalence of metabolic disordersTechnological advancements
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The valuation of the global body composition analyzers market is estimated to reach USD 768.59 MN by 2025.
The global body composition analyzers market is projected to grow at approximately 7.6% CAGR during the forecast period (2019-2025).
Rising obese population and growing prevalence of metabolic disorders.
North America holds the largest share in the global body composition analyzers market, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific, respectively.
GE Healthcare, Inc., Bodysuit Cosmed S.R.L, Hologic Inc., Jawon Medical Co., Ltd., Beurer GmbH Inbody Co. Ltd., Maltron International Ltd., Seca GmbH & Co. Kg., Omron Healthcare, Inc., and Tanita Corporation AccuFitness, LLC, are some of the major players operating in the body composition analyzers market.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.