Global Aviation Software Market is projected to record a CAGR of 3.1% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. Aviation software refers to the software which is used for the various operations in the aviation industry. Aviation software offers benefits such as increased efficiency, real-time insights, and accuracy. These benefits enable users to provide enhanced services to airline passengers and improve business profits.
The global aviation software market is expected to register significant growth during the forecast period owing to factors such as technological advancements in aviation software, rising air passenger traffic, and the growing demand for digital aviation maintenance software. Furthermore, rising demand from emerging economies such as India, China, and others is also expected to drive the growth of the market. Additionally, the increasing product launches by prominent technology companies such as Wipro Limited are also expected to drive the growth of the market. For example, in June 2019, Wipro Limited collaborated with Qatar Airways and launched the Total Operations System (TOPS) CREW, a solutions suite for global airlines.
However, issues such as limited budgets for the adoption of the integrated MRO software suite and stringent regulations in aviation might hamper the growth of the market. Moreover, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic might also impact the growth of the market. However, with the adoption of aviation software airlines can improve business performance through the real-time insights gained from the software.
Increasing investments in the development of connected aircraft are expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Advancements in Technology: Rising adoption of advanced technologies such as the Internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), and big data analytics are expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Increasing Demand for Digital Aviation Maintenance Software
- Increase in the Demand from Emerging Economies such as India and China
- Limited Budgets for the Adoption of the Integrated MRO Software Suite
- Stringent Aviation Regulations
- Airports: The segment is expected to grow owing to the rising adoption of technologies such as IoT, AI, AR, and big data analytics, to smoothen operations and improve efficiency. Hence, the segment is expected to grow at higher CAGR during the forecast period.
- Airlines: The segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to the growing adoption of aviation software by prominent airlines such as Qatar Airways and the Emirates Group to offer enhanced traveling experience to passengers and to smoothen operations.
By Software Type
- Management Software: The segment dominated the global market in 2019 and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. There are various aviation management software for documentation, airline crew, safety, and quality management. This software enables users to reduce management costs and improve efficiency.
- Analysis Software: Analysis Software is an aviation software that allows airport authorities to bring together their data assets so the airport management can view them in a complete and coordinated way. For example, The QlikView “Business Discovery” platform allows instant, in-memory manipulation of big data on low-cost hardware, allowing affordable, widespread deployment of sophisticated airport analytics applications.
- Design Software: 3D Modeling software is useful for engineers in all sectors and has become essential in the aeronautics and aerospace industries. 3D design software is used for 3D printing in prototyping or production. But it can also be used for the visualization of a project.
- Simulation Software: The growing demand for prescriptive and predictive simulation-based aircraft maintenance is expected to fuel the growth of the segment during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028.
- MRO Software: The growing demand to reduce aircraft on ground (AOG) time and high costs associated with the procurement of new aircraft are driving the growth of this segment.
- North America: North America dominated the aviation software market in 2019 owing to the presence of advanced technologies and companies such as Honeywell International, Inc., and IBM Corporation.
- Europe: The presence of prominent companies such as SAP SE and SITA is expected to drive the market growth in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: This regional market is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growing aviation industry in countries such as India and China is expected to increase the demand for aviation software in the region.
- The Middle East & Africa: The presence of prominent airlines such as the Emirates Group and Etihad Airways is expected to drive the market growth in the region.
- Latin America: Increasing air passenger traffic and freight transit in countries such as Brazil are expected to increase the demand for aviation software in the region.
- SITA (Switzerland)
- Epicor Software Corporation (US)
- CAMP Systems, Inc. (US)
- SYSPRO (South Africa)
- HCL Technologies (India)
- IBM Corporation (US)
- Oracle Corporation (US)
- Ramco Systems (India)
- Rusada (Switzerland)
- Honeywell International, Inc. (US)
- GE Aviation (US)
Other Prominent Players
- SAP SE (Germany)
- Swiss Aviation Software Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Traxxall Technologies (Canada)
- Wipro Limited (India)
- NAVBLUE (Canada)
- Renishaw plc. (UK)
- Woodstar Software Ltd. (UK)
- TRANSOFT SOLUTIONS (Canada)
- Cargoflash Infotech (India)
- Brock Solutions (Canada)
- J2 Aircraft Dynamics (UK)
- INDRA (Spain)
- Damarel Systems International (UK)
- ICTS Europe Systems (UK)
- IDS INGEGNERIA DEI SISTEMI (Italy)
- DASSAULT SYSTEMES (France)
2028: Significant Value
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Application, Software Type
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
SITA (Switzerland), Epicor Software Corporation (US), CAMP Systems, Inc. (US), SYSPRO (South Africa), HCL Technologies (India), IBM Corporation (US), Oracle Corporation (US), Ramco Systems (India), Rusada (Switzerland), Honeywell International, Inc. (US), GE Aviation (US)
Key Market Opportunities
Increasing investments in the development of connected aircraft
Key Market Drivers
Advancements in Technology. Increasing Demand for Digital Aviation Maintenance Software. Increase in the Demand from Emerging Economies such as India and China
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Global aviation software market’s CAGR is 3.1%.
Global aviation software market will be growing during the years from 2020 to 2028.
Global aviation software market might record noteworthy growth due to the factors such rising air passenger traffic, as technological advancements in aviation software, and the increasing demand for digital aviation maintenance software.
The market USP of global aviation software market are rising investments in the development of connected aircraft.
The segments of global aviation software market are application and software type.