Airway Management Market is expected to cross USD 1,764.47 Million by 2025 at a CAGR of 5.2%
Airway management is the examination, planning, and use of medical devices and procedures for maintaining and restoring aeration in a patient during various medical procedures such as surgeries and medical emergencies. The rising number of surgical procedures is the primary factor that is leading the need for airway management.
Rising prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases and the growing adoption technologies in airway management market.
- Rising prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Adoption of advanced technology in airway management
- Growing awareness about the application of airway management devices in the healthcare industry
- Rising number of road other accidents causing criticality in humans.
- Potential risk in using airway management devices for neonatal procedures
- Shortage of skilled professionals for operating airway management devices
By Product Type
Global airway management market based on product type has been broadly segmented into supraglottic, infra-glottic, laryngoscopes, accessories, anesthesia masks, and others.
- Supraglottic: Supraglottic is an airway management device that is inserted in the body through the upper part of glottis into the trachea. It is used to ventilate or maintain the airway during surgeries. This procedure can be non-invasive or invasive depending on the type of device that is used. This segment has been further sub-segmented into laryngeal mask, nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal airways, and others. Laryngeal mask (LM) is an airway management device that is a safe and effective technique of securing the airway of the patient during anesthesia and critical care procedures. The classic LM exhibits airtight seal at the site of the glottic opening to provide desired and effective gas exchange. Nasopharyngeal airway (NPA)is soft, designed anatomically to allow easy passage for the air/gas through the NPA. It is preferred over the oropharyngeal airway. Oropharyngeal airway is the adjunct that is used to obtain or maintain an open airway. It is also known as the Guedel pattern airway. It is inserted through the oral cavity.
- Infra-glottic: Infra-glottic airway device is inserted into the trachea by making a small incision at the trachea, below the glottis, for ventilation/maintenance of the airway. This has been further sub-segmented into tracheostomy tubes and endotracheal tubes.
- Laryngoscopes: The physicians use a small device to look into the throat and larynx, or voice box of the patient in of investigation of diseases or disorder related throat, larynx, etc. It helps in the visibility of the throat and larynx. There are devices available in the market that can be connected to screens for observation, such as McGRATH MAC Video Laryngoscope by Medtronic. This type of product helps the doctor to carry out the procedure with ease and accuracy compared to other airway management devices.
- Accessories: These are the devices/consumables that are used for airway management procedures. These accessories include intubation guide and stylets and cuff monitoring systems. The accessories play a very important role in the successful functioning of airway management.
- Anesthesia Mask: It is a type of mask that is used during the surgical procedures to provide oxygen. It helps the patient breathe during intravenous anesthesia/sedation and is widely used in recovery areas. It is available in different quality and types as per the requirements.
The global airway management market based on application has been segmented into general anesthesia, respiratory care, surgery, and others.
- General Anesthesia: It is a medical process that induces a sleep-like state before surgery or other invasive medical procedures. It helps the doctors to perform the medical procedure effectively. Airway management devices are used for providing effective general anesthesia before surgical procedures.
- Respiratory Care: Airway management finds primary application in respiratory care. Airway management devices such as supraglottic, infra-glottic, and others are used as and when required during the medical procedures.
- Surgery: Airway management plays an important role during surgical procedures. It helps in maintaining the breathing of the patient and provides required oxygen and ventilation during the procedures. This segment is projected to account for the largest airway management market share owing to the rising number of surgical procedures.
- Hospitals: Hospitals are the medical settings wherein the airway management devices are used primarily. In hospitals, airway management is used for various medical conditions such as surgeries, respiratory emergency, throat related complications. Airway management plays a vital role in maintaining the respiration of patients in the intensive care unit (ICU).
- Surgical centers: Surgical centers are medical facilities that conduct surgeries and other related procedures. During surgeries, patients are administered with general anesthesia; the anesthesia mask and related accessories are used.
- Americas: America holds the largest share region owing to the rising number of road accidents in this region. Airway management is mainly used in cases of fatal injuries, surgical procedures, and accidents. Thus, it is estimated that it will boost the airway management market growth.
- Europe: Europe holds the second-largest share of the airway management market owing to increasing surgical procedures in the region. For instance, in 2017, Germany accounted for approximately 0.86 million surgical procedures. This is a crucial factor that is supporting the market growth in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: This is the fastest-growing market for airway management on account of the increasing awareness about technological advancements and application of airway management.
- Middle East & Africa: This region is expected to account for the least share of the market owing to the limited technological developments and accessibility to healthcare, restricting the growth of the airway management market.
- Medtronic (Ireland)
- Smiths Group PLC [UK] (Smiths Medical)
- Teleflex Incorporated (US)
- Sunmed (US)
- Vyaire Medical (US)
- Vbm Medizintechnik GmbH (Germany)
- Roper Technologies (US) (Verathon Inc.)
- Sourcemark (US)
- Salter Labs (US)
- Ambu A/S (Denmark)
- Intersurgical Inc (UK)
USD 1,764.47 Million
Value (USD Million)
Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Product Type, Application and End-User
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
Medtronic (Ireland), Smiths Group PLC [UK] (Smiths Medical), Teleflex Incorporated (US), Sunmed (US), Vyaire Medical (US), Vbm Medizintechnik GmbH (Germany), Roper Technologies (US) (Verathon Inc.), Sourcemark (US), Salter Labs (US), Ambu A/S (Denmark), Intersurgical Inc (UK).
Key Market Opportunities
Rising prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases and the growing adoption technologies
Key Market Drivers
Growing awareness about the applicationRising number of road other accidents causing criticality in humans.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The valuation of the global airway management market is estimated to reach USD 1,764.47 MN by 2025.
The global airway management market is projected to grow at approximately 5.2% CAGR during the forecast period (2019-2025).
Growing awareness about the application of airway management devices.
North America holds the largest share in the global airway management market, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific, respectively.
Smiths Group PLC (UK), Medtronic (Ireland), Teleflex Incorporated (US), Vyaire Medical (US), Sunmed (US), VBM Medizintechnik GmbH (Germany), Sourcemark (US), Roper Technologies (US), Salter Labs (US), Intersurgical Inc (UK), and Ambu A/S (Denmark), are some of the major players operating in the airway management market.
This table of content is tentative and subject to change as the research progresses.
Please Note: Financial details of company cannot be provided if the information of the company is not available in public domain and or reliable source.