Agricultural Packaging Market Overview
The global market for Agricultural Packaging is predicted to showcase considerable development over the assessment timeframe from 2021 to 2028 with a strong development rate of approximately 5.5%. The reports further anticipate the market to acquire a valuation of around USD 5.02 billion by the end of 2028. The growing need for agricultural packaging stems from a desire to improve supply networks by decreasing food waste. Due to the increased demand for flexible packaging, plastic packaging is affecting market growth on consumer preference and hence, the attributions are rising during the ongoing forecast period that will be ending in 2028.
COVID 19 Analysis
The Agricultural packaging market was also somehow affected by the pandemic COVID 19 but many countries declared a surplus for the agricultural industry during the COVID pandemic to reinforce the sector's storage and supply chain, which includes packaging. For example, the Indian government has announced a surplus of INR 1 lakh crore for agricultural infrastructure. All of these will help the market recoup well after epidemic.
However, One of the primary reasons driving the market's growth is tremendous growth in the agricultural business, as well as increased global commerce of agricultural products. Because of the world's growing population and rising demand for food, agricultural packaging technologies are increasingly being used to carry harvest shipments securely across distinct areas of the globe.
List of the major companies in the Agricultural Packaging Market are
- ondi (Austria)
- Novolex (The US)
- B. Fuller Company (US)
- Greif (US)
- Anderson Packaging Inc (US)
- ProAmpac (US)
- Sonoco Products Company (US)
- NNZ Group (Netherlands)
- LC Packaging (The Netherlands)
- Packaging Corporation of America (US)
- Atlantic Packaging (US)
- Flex-Pack (US)
- RM CONVERTERS (India)
Agricultural packaging is a relatively saturated market. To create a lasting competitive advantage, market players are innovating their design, technology, and applications. They're also pursuing competitive strategies including collaborations, expansions, and offers.
Amcor plc teamed up with Espoma Organic, a lawn and garden company, to develop sustainable packaging and introduce a new bio-based polymer package in the historic forecast period. In this scenario, the polyethylene (PE) film comprises 25% bio-based material generated from sugar cane.
Mondi, a multinational packaging and paper company, has completed the installation of a new state-of-the-art paper sack converting machine at its Nyiregyhaza, Hungary, facility. The machine will enable the business to start a new line of paper sacks for food packing, with a capacity of more than 130 million sacks per year.
Agricultural Packaging Market Dynamics
Because of the global expansion of the e-commerce sector, the need for agricultural packaging is continually rising. People nowadays prefer online shopping and want more product protection, which might contribute to the market's growth throughout the forecast period. Pest infestations are rising, driving demand for various crop protection chemicals such as insecticides and fertilizers, both of which are harmful. As a result, they require improved packaging to decrease risk when handling, storing, and shipping these agrochemicals, driving up demand for agricultural packaging solutions for agrochemicals to prolong the shelf life.
Due to the increasing awareness of the waste of agricultural products and the deterioration of food supplies, which are essential driving reasons for agricultural packaging. Furthermore, rising population in countries like China and India, as well as enormous pressure on food production, has resulted in a high need for efficient and cost-effective agricultural packaging, which might be another factor driving market growth over the projection period.
The inconsistency in raw material prices, as well as the regeneration of old and rejected packaging materials, are the central concerns restraining the growth of the agricultural packaging market. Petroleum and crude oil, for example, are used to make plastics. The sector faces a huge issue in balancing the pricing of packaging products owing to the increased volatility of oil prices. Due to the entrapment of harmful chemicals inside agrochemical packaging, the regeneration of packaging waste has been a barrier across the industrial packaging industry, and even more so for agrochemical packaging.
Agriculture is the world's most globalized industry. Packaging for the agricultural business will aid in the preservation and protection of food, as a substantial portion of food is transported thousands of kilometers and the majority of the food is wasted due to incorrect handling, such as inadequate storing and packaging. They are packaged in such a way that the product's shelf life is extended and the freshness of the product is maintained. Agricultural packing aids in the preservation of agricultural products' original qualities while they are being boxed and delivered.
Recent NewsOctober 2023: Apeel Sciences, a developer of edible plant-based coatings for fruits and vegetables, announced a $30 million funding round to expand its operations and commercialize its technology. This technology extends shelf life and reduces food waste, a major concern in the agricultural sector.
- To identify and forecast the size of the Agricultural packaging market by material, product, application, barrier strength, and regional markets for the forecast period ending in 2028.
- To identify the market potential by finding the market's largest and fastest-growing segments across regions.
- To analyze demand-side aspects based on the market's effect from macroeconomics and microeconomics factors, as well as fluctuations in demand patterns across sub-segments and regions.
Agricultural Packaging Market Segment Overview
The Agricultural Packaging material market has been bifurcated into various segments that will help the market to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The market has been segmented based on the following:
Based on material, the market has been segmented as follows:
Based on Product, the market has been segmented as follows:
- Trays and
- Others(Sacks, Tubes, and Jars)
Based on Barrier Strength, the market has been segmented as follows:
Based on application, the market has been segmented as follows:
- Chemical pesticides
- Chemical fertilizers
- Government Associations
- Research Institutes
- Distribution vendors
- Packaging Manufacturers, Suppliers, Distributors, and Retailers
Geographically, Asia-Pacific is predicted to be the largest market in the worldwide agricultural packaging industry, with the greatest CAGR expected over the forecast period. One of the key factors for the expansion of the agricultural packaging industry in this region is the increased need for food, which is a result of the region's rapid population growth. With the rise of urbanization in emerging countries, the market for agricultural packaging is rising. Because the export and import of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other grains are increasing, the agricultural packaging business is expanding rapidly. The fastest-growing market could be due to the increased demand for seeds in China and India.
In the agricultural packaging industry, Asia Pacific is expected to have the greatest market share, followed by North America over the forecasted period. Growing agrochemical trade opportunities around the world, particularly in countries like China, India, the United States, and Canada, are important drivers driving these regions' rapid growth. Agricultural packaging for fertilizers is predicted to enhance Europe's development rate, as the region's economy has been stifled by increasing rules on chemical pesticide use and maximum residue limits.
- KM Packaging introduces a new line of compostable products in January 2021. Shrink wrap, stretch wrap, sticky tape, netting, and bags will all be part of the C-Range of bio-plastic packaging materials. These bio-plastic goods were created in collaboration with Treetop Biopak, a company that specializes in compostable packaging solutions.
- With the debut of BanaBag, Smurfit Kappa, a manufacturer of paper-based packaging solutions, has expanded its portfolio of sustainable and biodegradable agricultural products. It solves the necessity for quality assurance for bagging across the banana plant's whole growth cycle. It protects the fruit from disease and insects while also preventing overheating that can occur when other materials, like plastic, are used.
- Andaltec, a Spanish plastics technology center, started the 'BioNanocel' R&D project, which aims to develop bio-based active plastic packaging made from cellulose derived from vegetal biomass. The goal of this project is to develop a sustainable plastic material for the food sector that has improved qualities. It will repurpose vegetal biomass waste from agricultural activities that would otherwise be thrown away.
The Agricultural Packaging market report has been prepared after conducting a significant and in-depth analysis of the market that aims at achieving the targets during the ongoing forecast period that will be ending in 2028. The market report has emphasized all the factors relevant to the growth of the market. The report also emphasizes increasing the shelf life of the product, facilitating branding and food labeling, and controlling temperatures within the packaging.
| Market Size
| 2028 : USD 5.02 Billion
| 5.5%CAGR (2021-2028)
| Base Year
| Forecast Period
| 2021 to 2028
| Historical Data
| Forecast Units
| Value (USD Billion)
| Report Coverage
| Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
| Segments Covered
| Material , Product, Barrier Strength and Application
| Geographies Covered
| North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
| Key Vendors
| ondi (Austria), H.B. Fuller Company (US),Anderson Packaging Inc (US), Sonoco Products Company (US), LC Packaging (The Netherlands), Atlantic Packaging (US), RM CONVERTERS (India), Flex-Pack (US),Packaging Corporation of America (US), NNZ Group (Netherlands), ProAmpac (US), Greif (US), Novolex (The US).
| Key Market Opportunities
| New product launches and R&D Amongst major key Players
| Key Market Drivers
|Wastage of agro based product Depletion of food product
Agricultural Packaging Market Highlights:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% by the end of the forecast period in 2028.
The agriculture packaging market can secure a decent value by 2030.
ProAmpac (US), NNZ Group (Netherlands), Greif (US), and Novolex (The US) are some reputed names in the agriculture packaging market.
The key market drivers followed by players are the wastage of agro-based products and the depletion of food products.
North America agriculture packaging market growth can spur as pouches demand surge.
Key Questions Answered
Request Free Sample
- ✅Global Market Outlook
- ✅In-depth analysis of global and regional trends
- ✅Analyze and identify the major players in the market, their market share, key developments, etc.
- ✅To understand the capability of the major players based on products offered, financials, and strategies.
- ✅Identify disrupting products, companies, and trends.
- ✅To identify opportunities in the market.
- ✅Analyze the key challenges in the market.
- ✅Analyze the regional penetration of players, products, and services in the market.
- ✅Comparison of major players’ financial performance.
- ✅Evaluate strategies adopted by major players.
Why Choose Market Research Future?
Speak to Analyst
- ✅Vigorous research methodologies for specific market.
- ✅Knowledge partners across the globe
- ✅Large network of partner consultants.
- ✅Ever-increasing/ Escalating data base with quarterly monitoring of various markets
- ✅Trusted by fortune 500 companies/startups/universities/organizations
- ✅Large database of 5000+ markets reports.
- ✅Effective and prompt pre- and post-sales support.