Pune, India, August 2022, MRFR Press Release/Market Research Future has published a Cooked Research Report on the Global Temperature-controlled Packaging for Pharmaceutical Market.
Global Temperature-controlled Packaging for Pharmaceutical Market
Temperature-controlled packaging for pharmaceuticals, as the name suggests a form of packaging that offers a specific range of temperature to maintain and secure the quality and integrity of the range of pharmaceutical products. Temperature-controlled packaging provides the required necessary protection to the pharmaceuticals throughout the transportation. The ability of temperature-controlled packaging to offer an extensive range of packaging temperatures for pharmaceutical products raises its demand and popularity among pharmaceutical brand owners.
According to the MRFR analysis, the global high barrier films market size is projected to reach USD 20,235.2 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 9.2%.
Temperature-controlled packaging can stabilize the internal package environment with relevant safety regulations and quality standards regardless of the external environment. The future demand and sales outlook for temperature-controlled packaging for pharmaceuticals is projected to remain promising on the back of rapidly rising manufacturing output from the global pharmaceutical industry. The global temperature-controlled packaging for pharmaceutical market is rapidly growing due to growth in the pharmaceutical industry supplementing sales to the significant extent and adoption of smarter cold chain technology. However, the market's growth is hampered by rising raw material costs. Sustainability and pharmaceutical temperature control packaging are some of the opportunities to grow the global temperature-controlled packaging for pharmaceutical market.
COVID-19 has created major disruptions in the packaging sector globally, just like in other industries. While COVID-19 is unlikely to put a halt to this in the long run, there may be some impact on the speed of change in the short term. Other sectors of the packaging industry will see stronger growth as buying habits evolve into longer-term behaviour changes. E-commerce packaging specialists within this sector are reporting increased demand, which is likely to continue.
The global temperature-controlled packaging for the pharmaceutical market is characterized by many regional and local vendors. The regional market is highly competitive, with all the players continually competing to gain a larger market share. The vendors compete based on cost, product quality, reliability, and aftermarket services. Therefore, vendors must provide cost-effective and efficient products to survive and succeed in a competitive market environment.
Sonoco Thermosafe, UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AMERICA, INC, Kaneka Corporation, DHL International GmbH, Deutsche Bahn AG and va-Q-tec AG, and few others. Global are the major players in the market, competing in terms of variety of applications and their components, as well as efficiency, reliability, affordability, and advanced technology
- Shippers: Parcel shipping systems are another name for shippers. These may transport a temperature-sensitive cargo with a volume ranging from 4 to 100 liters. Shippers use innovative vacuum-insulated materials and phase change materials to provide temperature protection for very temperature-sensitive goods. These are lightweight and cost-effective solutions for domestic, international, and last-mile delivery shipments.
- Containers: Meals, pharmaceuticals, organs, blood, biological materials, immunizations, and chemicals are in containers since they are temperature sensitive. Chest style, upright style and others are the type of containers. Chest-style insulated containers are made up of specially engineered packing shippers and containers that maintain a consistent temperature environment during transit to keep the packaged goods from being exposed to extremes of heat or cold.
- Active System: Active system ensure that goods are handled and sent at the correct temperature. Active system has active temperature management, which means they maintain a set temperature range with the least variation possible. There are three types of systems: heat and cool with dry ice, cool, and heat and cool using compressors. Active systems are ideal for transporting huge cargo over long distances, such as international shipments.
- Passive System: Passive containers are appropriate for usage in a regulated room temperature (CRT) environment or as general protection for low-risk cargo. Inside an insulated enclosure, a passive container provides a temperature-controlled environment. This can be done with or without thermostatic regulation and with or without using a finite amount of pre-conditioned coolants such as chilled or frozen gel packs, phase transition materials, or dry ice.
By temperature range:
- -20˚ C and below: The pharmaceutical sector requires the storage of very temperature-sensitive products. Frozen storage allows businesses to keep things like sensitive medications that need to be stored at a precise temperature for patient and industry use. Frozen storage may be an appropriate and advantageous product for scientific and medical research experiments.
- -20˚C to -10˚C: Pharmaceutical supplies such as vaccines, blood samples, and medical medications require pharmacy freezers' reliability and security. The refrigerator storage has a -20 to 10°C temperature control range. Remote temperature monitoring, tracking, recording, and reporting are among them.
- -10˚C to 10˚C: In - 10°C to 10°C, the packaging of a Pharmaceutical contains pre-frozen gel substance that can act as manufactured ice at 0°C while remaining colder for longer and being completely reusable. Gel packets can keep shipping temperatures between 2 and 8 degrees Celsius for cold products.
- 10˚C to 20˚C: Medical product testing, medicine stability, and the safeguarding of high-value medical items all require high-cool storage. Pharmaceutical firms who want to increase the quality of their product while expanding their storage capacity may consider investing in cool storage.
- 20˚C and above: pharmaceutical businesses and hospital employees may be compelled to store temperature-sensitive medication goods in room temperature storage for patients. Maintaining the integrity of pharmaceutical items requires ensuring that products are stored safely and that requirements specified by Ireland's regulatory agency are followed. Ambient storage is a good option for closely monitoring and evaluating items.
By payload capacity:
- Up to 10L: In up to 10 L, the base is designed with the choice of a 100mm-high base or four fixed 150mm-high legs and four tray shelves, each with a 10 L capacity with the Height of base/legs (mm) (1,950 / 2,000), Width (500) and insulated bag version in several sizes or insulated backpack. Possibility to create bespoke and personalized insulated shippers and containers for your marketing needs.
- 10L-20L: When transporting 10L-20L via air, both weight and capacity are important. A larger weight means more fuel is used, and more carbon dioxide is emitted. Active containers are frequently heavier than passive packaging, implying that they are more expensive and less environmentally friendly than passive alternatives.
- 20L- 40L: Pharmaceutical check weighers weigh individual pharmaceutical packages inline in the 20L-40L range, guaranteeing that each package is within a set weight range. The check weigher will fail a package if it is too light, such as missing a single blister pack. Boxes containing an excessive number of blister packs would also be rejected.
- 40L to 150L: Single-use water-based parcel shippers in the 40L-150L range are the preferred temperature control parcel shipper for the life sciences industry. This entirely recyclable brand presently includes a total of seven solutions. Dimensions, payload options (up to 60 gallons), time performance differentials (from 48 to 120+ hours), and tare weights up to 45kg are all available.
- above 150L: In Above 150 L, the container transporting products at very low temperatures, combined with dry ice, the deep freeze insulated box allows to keep products at -80°C for up to 146 hours. This has a high performance with the validation of outdoor temperatures ranging from -20°C to 60°C. The large volume such as breathable, raincoat, recyclable and are encapsulated in the fibers of the insulated cover.
- Single use: The market's largest usability segment is single use. The necessary containers that can only hold one shipment. Compared to reusable packaging systems, these containers offer a lighter and less expensive option. With the disposal of containers, the packaging system tends to generate packaging waste. The single-use container market is driven by its convenience, allowing for unlimited distribution and eliminating the need to return containers to their original location.
- Reusable: Every reusable temperature control solution comes performance-tested and fully qualified. It will guarantee the integrity of healthcarespecific shipments containing biologics or pharmaceuticals and fresh, frozen, or ready-made foods, chemicals, flowers, or plants
By medication type:
- Vaccine: Some drugs, such as insulin, are unaffected by cold or heat. To keep medicine safe, set strict packing and shipping requirements for temperature-sensitive products at express scripts. The manufacturer keeps drugs and US Pharmacopeia between 68-77°F (20-25°C).
- Temperature sensitive pharmaceutical drugs: Vaccines are often given through needle injections, but some can be taken orally or sprayed into the nose—the importance of carefully transporting vaccinations before dosage cannot be overstated. Temperatures, timelines, quantities, safety, and security are important issues in the logistics process. Additionally, the thrust on rural health programs, lifesaving drugs, and preventive vaccines also boosts the demand for packaging by pharmaceutical companies in emerging economies across the world. Thus, the increasing demand for pharmaceutical packaging in emerging economies is expected to present growth opportunities for the global pharmaceutical packaging market players during the forecast period.
- Regenerative medicine: Regenerative medicine is the discipline of medicine that studies how to regrow, repair, or replace cells, organs, and tissues that have been injured or diseased. The development and use of therapeutic stem cells, tissue engineering, and the creation of artificial organs are all examples of regenerative medicine.
By End Use Industry:
- Pharmaceutical: The pharmaceutical segment will deliver higher performance than the latter throughout the forecast period. The pharmaceutical segment can perform well owing to the supply of drugs and blood to patients at hospitals and critical care centers. Pharma industries include products derived from synthetic or chemical processes (artificial sources).
- Clinical Trials: The quest for a novel medicine begins with studying the ailment or disease of interest. This can be done in the research laboratories of pharmaceutical firms. Still, it can also be done in academia, government research organizations, tiny "boutique" pharmaceutical enterprises, or any mix of these. Because medical research is so complicated, most large pharmaceutical companies' research is now done in collaboration with others.
Access full report @ Temperature-controlled Packaging for Pharmaceutical Market size
- North America: Due to various lifestyle disorders, many patients, and high disposable income levels, North America is likely to be a highly profitable market during forecast period. Pharmaceutical product safety regulations, as well as a growing geriatric population, may raise regional market demand.
- Europe: Europe is predicted to grow significantly during the projection period. Anti-counterfeiting technologies, such as overt, covert, and forensic technology, have been applied by EU authorities for pharmaceutical packaging, resulting in pharmaceutical packaging companies in the region continuing to develop packaging methods and procedures.
- Asia-Pacific: Because of the surge in infectious diseases and the necessity for cold chain solutions to preserve vaccines, APAC is thought to be tremendously profitable. Leading players operating in the global temperature-controlled packaging for pharmaceutical market can target the highly potential Asian countries to maximize their financial revenues. As the market gets more concentrated, the region is expected to see more acquisitions.
- Rest of the World: The Rest of World comprises of The Middle East and Africa and South America. The Middle East & Africa market is expected to rise significantly, owing to rising per capita disposable income, rising healthcare awareness, and rising pharmaceutical and drug consumption. Furthermore, the region is characterized by a growing manufacturing capacity and rising investments in the pharmaceutical packaging industry.